Skip to main content

BBBA 2014 Appreciation Thread (+ Credits)

the Theorist

Over-thinker. Over-analyser. Over-complainer.
Awesome site donor
So, in light of BB's Finale tomorrow, I wanted to get in early and say a few words of thanks before the season wraps up and the forums go quiet. This type of thread usually tends to appear after a season wraps up so I hope it’s okay I’m starting this one now.

I just wanted to share a few thoughts that have been going through my mind recently in the lead-up to the Finale, especially if this does end up becoming the last Australian Big Brother season for a while (or forever).

It’s no secret that I am well and truly obsessed with this show. Whether I’m complaining about it or praising it, at the end of the day this entire franchise has completely consumed 11 years of my life. Today I turn 23 years-old, which means I have grown up alongside Big Brother for basically half my lifetime. No doubt it sounds ridiculous to some but having grown up during a time when mainstream reality shows such as Big Brother have held huge significance within our society, this show has taught me endless amounts over the years and I am constantly fascinated by its concept. I'm sure others can relate when I say that my life virtually shuts down for three months while Big Brother airs and I find myself hopelessly living and breathing it... despite the fact that I will never actually admit to anyone I know in real life just how addicted to BB I am, lol.

I have had an array of mixed feelings in recent weeks about the end of this season. Is it or isn't it the final season? Sure, the BB that most of us knew and loved has changed significantly over time and chances are we'll never get the original version back (although it still lives on in archives and on YouTube), but it's still bittersweet knowing that these could very well be the last two days of BBAU. If this does end up being the final season, there is no denying how much I will miss it - and more to the point, how much I will miss these forums. Behind Big Brother has become an integral part of the whole Big Brother experience in Australia - this place has broken headlines over the years and has become synonymous with the Big Brother name in this country. It’s renowned for stirring controversy, exposing truth and at times for getting the BB producers' heads in a spin (even though they secretly LOVE us, am I wrong?). But above all, it’s run by diehard fans for the diehard fans and that’s what separates it from any other fan site, and even the official BB website at that.

I have personally been a member of these forums for just over 8 years now and even before then I was a lurker visiting this site way back as early as 2003. I have seen it evolve and change over the years, I have seen members come and go and I’ve seen others grow alongside it, but I can honestly say that this year probably stands out as being one of the best these forums has had in my opinion. It has been an absolute joy being able to escape reality at the end of each day and be part of what has become such an avid community. Actually, I'll call us a family. In a post I made when the BB08 Finale aired six years ago, I called BBBA a “second home” and I think that’s exactly what it is for a lot of us - from the moment the Launch show begins right down to the moment the Finale credits roll, and then some.

(*FYI, one does not just check BBBA at the "end of each day", I also meant during the day… and secretly at work… and also whilst waiting in traffic… and while walking through the shops… and on the toilet. Hashtag addicted.)

No but seriously, since BB’s renewal in 2012 I made a conscious effort to participate in every single Daily Show/episode thread since Day 1 and I try to contribute to the boards as much as possible. I have thoroughly enjoyed every moment, even when the show itself hasn't delivered. For the short three months we share together I feel as though we all get to know each other pretty well in that time and I think that's fairly evident in threads such as the "O/T Chit Chat Thread", "Post Your VOICE" and "Things that BBBA members always say..." where our interactions with one another suddenly become so much more defined. Over the years I have met some incredible people here, many of whom our conversations have extended to outside of these forums, and if tomorrow's Finale truly does mark the end then I am sorely going to miss that aspect.

@Tim, @vid, @marquisite, @Brekkie and everyone else behind the scenes that helps run this forum, thank you so much for continuously keeping this place current, assuring that everything remains clean and running smoothly and for providing a platform for us all to discuss this show at length without a censor. Tim and David, your podcasts (apart from the fact that there is NEVER enough of them) will always remain a highlight of any BB season for me. You two are seriously brilliant human beings who deserve to be endlessly showered in wine and surrounded by hot bearded men for the rest of your days. Yellowglen all round!!!!! P.S. Tim. ily. That is all.

I also want to say some special mentions to other members who have added to my overall experience of BBBA this year…

@MADONNA … what’s there to say… you’re in a league of your own, sis. Honestly, if there was an accolade for the member who has had the biggest turnaround since they joined it’d be you. You came to these forums a couple years ago, pissed everyone off and won the Speccy award for most Outstanding Troll. That's about it, not gonna lie. Yet today, you will undoubtedly win the 2014 Member Of The Year Speccy award and you have since gone down as one of the greatest members this place has ever had. Seriously, some of your posts are honestly the best things everrrrr and I think I speak for everyone here when I say you are much loved and have made this season oh so PRIMAZING (even for all those pressed bitches who say they can't stand you but actually do). Slay gurl, slaaaay.

To the the O/T Chit Chat Thread crew (@mutleyp, @Miiiiike, @jessy_girl, @iJake, @el'coopo, @Inigo Montoya, @Consuela, @Lucas, @Knock_Loudly and anyone else I’ve regrettably missed), even though I haven’t participated down there in a little while, you guys rock all the same. Thanks for sharing your lives with us on a daily basis and for always being so welcoming and accepting.

@bleachy_dude, for consistently being positive and happy. It goes without saying that sometimes you can be a little too much but there’s a reason why everybody loves you. THIS ONE’S FOR YOU.

@Mercy, your posts are always insightful and ever so brilliant… and for also being my forum wife back when I thought you were a she who was probably a straight she... until I found out I was wrong. So now that I know you are a he who also likes other he’s I’ma just go put a ring on it now k. Done.

Special shout-outs also go to @up_all_night, @matts bb, @Medusa, @pawlini, @Sweetgeek and @Mrs Butterface for providing laughs, creativity, humour and all-round great posts.

Oh and @lefrancais too because he’s a babe.

To anyone I have naturally pissed off at some point over the year (@AM_092, @JordanS, @Trala, @Connoisseur, I’m looking at you guys), I sincerely apologise. Despite our differences, y’all are legends in your own right and these threads wouldn’t be the same without you guys. Stay pressed tho, xo.

I’m also going to throw @Kingston's name out there yet again just because I love that bitch hardcore.

And thank you ALL for putting up with my constant whinging, my never-ending rants, my "purist-minded" nature and of-course my CAPITAL LETTERS. I love you all. At the end of the day, we're all just a bunch of over-zealous and passionate Big Brother fans who find ourselves overly attached to HM's and to the series and that can sometimes get the better of us. But as proven, BBBA is usually way more entertaining than the show itself is anyway, and for that I am grateful because I wouldn't have it any other way.

Here’s hoping there’s another season of Big Brother JUST so we get to share it with each other all over again.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Last edited:
So, in light of BB's Finale tomorrow, I wanted to get in early and say a few words of thanks before the season wraps up and the forums go quiet. This type of thread usually tends to appear after a season wraps up so I hope it’s okay I’m starting this one now.

I just wanted to share a few thoughts that have been going through my mind recently in the lead-up to the Finale, especially if this does end up becoming the last Australian Big Brother season for a while (or forever).

It’s no secret that I am well and truly obsessed with this show. Whether I’m complaining about it or praising it, at the end of the day this entire franchise has completely consumed 11 years of my life. Today I turn 23 years-old, which means I have grown up alongside Big Brother for basically half my lifetime. No doubt it sounds ridiculous to some but having grown up during a time when mainstream reality shows such as Big Brother have held huge significance within our society, this show has taught me endless amounts over the years and I am constantly fascinated by its concept. I'm sure others can relate when I say that my life virtually shuts down for three months while Big Brother airs and I find myself hopelessly living and breathing it... despite the fact that I will never actually admit to anyone I know in real life just how addicted to BB I am, lol.

I have had an array of mixed feelings in recent weeks about the end of this season. Is it or isn't it the final season? Sure, the BB that most of us knew and loved has changed significantly over time and chances are we'll never get the original version back (although it still lives on in archives and on YouTube), but it's still bittersweet knowing that these could very well be the last two days of BBAU. If this does end up being the final season, there is no denying how much I will miss it - and more to the point, how much I will miss these forums. Behind Big Brother has become an integral part of the whole Big Brother experience in Australia - this place has broken headlines over the years and has become synonymous with the Big Brother name in this country. It’s renowned for stirring controversy, exposing truth and at times for getting the BB producers' heads in a spin (even though they secretly LOVE us, am I wrong?). But above all, it’s run by diehard fans for the diehard fans and that’s what separates it from any other fan site, and even the official BB website at that.

I have personally been a member of these forums for just over 8 years now and even before then I was a lurker visiting this site way back as early as 2003. I have seen it evolve and change over the years, I have seen members come and go and I’ve seen others grow alongside it, but I can honestly say that this year probably stands out as being one of the best these forums has had in my opinion. It has been an absolute joy being able to escape reality at the end of each day and be part of what has become such an avid community. Actually, I'll call us a family. In a post I made when the BB08 Finale aired six years ago, I called BBBA a “second home” and I think that’s exactly what it is for a lot of us - from the moment the Launch show begins right down to the moment the Finale credits roll, and then some.

(*FYI, one does not just check BBBA at the "end of each day", I also meant during the day… and secretly at work… and also whilst waiting in traffic… and while walking through the shops… and on the toilet. Hashtag addicted.)

No but seriously, since BB’s renewal in 2012 I made a conscious effort to participate in every single Daily Show/episode thread since Day 1 and I try to contribute to the boards as much as possible. I have thoroughly enjoyed every moment, even when the show itself hasn't delivered. For the short three months we share together I feel as though we all get to know each other pretty well in that time and I think that's fairly evident in threads such as the "O/T Chit Chat Thread", "Post Your VOICE" and "Things that BBBA members always say..." where our interactions with one another suddenly become so much more defined. Over the years I have met some incredible people here, many of whom our conversations have extended to outside of these forums, and if tomorrow's Finale truly does mark the end then I am sorely going to miss that aspect.

@Tim, @vid, @marquisite, @Brekkie and everyone else behind the scenes that helps run this forum, thank you so much for continuously keeping this place current, assuring that everything remains clean and running smoothly and for providing a platform for us all to discuss this show at length without a censor. Tim and David, your podcasts (apart from the fact that there is NEVER enough of them) will always remain a highlight of any BB season for me. You two are seriously brilliant human beings who deserve to be endlessly showered in wine and surrounded by hot bearded men for the rest of your days. Yellowglen all round!!!!! P.S. Tim. ily. That is all.

I also want to say some special mentions to other members who have added to my overall experience of BBBA this year…

@MADONNA … what’s there to say… you’re in a league of your own, sis. Honestly, if there was an accolade for the member who has had the biggest turnaround since they joined it’d be you. You came to these forums a couple years ago, pissed everyone off and won the Speccy award for most Outstanding Troll. That's about it, not gonna lie. Yet today, you will undoubtedly win the 2014 Member Of The Year Speccy award and you have since gone down as one of the greatest members this place has ever had. Seriously, some of your posts are honestly the best things everrrrr and I think I speak for everyone here when I say you are much loved and have made this season oh so PRIMAZING (even for all those pressed bitches who say they can't stand you but actually do). Slay gurl, slaaaay.

To the the O/T Chit Chat Thread crew (@mutleyp, @Miiiiike, @jessy_girl, @iJake, @el'coopo, @Inigo Montoya, @Consuela, @Lucas, @Knock_Loudly and anyone else I’ve regrettably missed), even though I haven’t participated down there in a little while, you guys rock all the same. Thanks for sharing your lives with us on a daily basis and for always being so welcoming and accepting.

@bleachy_dude, for consistently being positive and happy. It goes without saying that sometimes you can be a little too much but there’s a reason why everybody loves you. THIS ONE’S FOR YOU.

@Mercy, your posts are always insightful and ever so brilliant… and for also being my forum wife back when I thought you were a she who was probably a straight she... until I found out I was wrong. So now that I know you are a he who also likes other he’s I’ma just go put a ring on it now k. Done.

Special shout-outs also go to @up_all_night, @matts bb, @Medusa, @pawlini, @Sweetgeek and @Mrs Butterface for providing laughs, creativity, humour and all-round great posts.

To anyone I have naturally pissed off at some point over the year (@AM_092, @JordanS, @Trala, @Connoisseur, I’m looking at you guys), I sincerely apologise. Despite our differences, y’all are legends in your own right and these threads wouldn’t be the same without you guys. Stay pressed tho, xo.

I’m also going to throw @Kingston's name out there yet again just because I love that bitch hardcore.

And thank you ALL for putting up with my constant whinging, my never-ending rants, my "purist-minded" nature and of-course my CAPITAL LETTERS. I love you all. At the end of the day, we're all just a bunch of over-zealous and passionate Big Brother fans who find ourselves overly attached to HM's and to the series and that can sometimes get the better of us. But as proven, BBBA is usually way more entertaining than the show itself is anyway, and for that I am quite grateful because I wouldn't have it any other way.

Here’s hoping there’s another season of Big Brother JUST so we get to share it with each other all over again.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

God bless you xx

Happy birthday @the Theorist
I must say that I found this forum in 2012 when looking for something to watch and I found your Big brother.You Australians are a awesome bunch,full of passion and a joy of life...thanks for having me on your forum and letting me share in your passion for BBAU

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Awwwww. We're getting Prisus to officiate, just so you know.

Happy birthday @the Theorist, if I could wish you anything at all, it would be @Mercy ;)

Happy Birthday @the Theorist! Wish granted.

TAKE ME.

I hope there is another season of Big Brother too... these forums make watching the show infinitely better, and have helped me to make it through what has been a pretty dire series. Here's hoping it does return, and Channel 9 learn from their mistakes and make the full investment in the show that is required for it to be successful... maybe with some live streaming on GO, just as Sonia has hinted could become a reality one day. Just think how much more we could neglect our real lives then!

And thank you ALL for putting up with my constant whinging, my never-ending rants, my "purist-minded" nature and of-course my CAPITAL LETTERS. I love you all. At the end of the day, we're all just a bunch of over-zealous and passionate Big Brother fans who find ourselves overly attached to HM's and to the series and that can sometimes get the better of us. But as proven, BBBA is usually way more entertaining than the show itself is anyway, and for that I am grateful because I wouldn't have it any other way.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

You were 22 all season
?

That explains lots

Once again, Happy Birthday to @the Theorist
Source-MTV.gif

I will follow his lead and do my own thanks and appreciation post

I won't tag anyone only because I know I will forget someone, but I want to thank EVERYONE, even those I haven't chatted too much for their postings, on and off season, and I hope everyone sticks around to play! Good Bad and Indifferent, we have all enjoyed the roller coaster this year, and it wouldn't be the same without every single person, we have fought, made up, held grudges, let go, tension (mostly sexual), changed opinions, laughed, maybe even cried together, its such a beautiful community, we are like one big fucked up family at christmas that goes for 3 months, and I wouldn't have it any other way. To everyone who has been so supportive of each other thank you, for sharing your lives, ups and downs, thank you! I personally feel honoured to have interacted with all of you. Some of you have held my hand, held me up and touched my ass when I needed it, and words can never express how thankful I am for all of you xxx

Back