Skip to main content

BBau2012 better than BBau2013?

God no. 2012 was the reason I chose not to watch the opening of this year because I had had enough of the show. This year wins handsdown - editing wise NO, housemates wise YES but overall this year wins.

Yes 100% agree

it seems to me like this years BB is more censored and condensed then the editing of last years.
Last years had lots of interaction between Housemates and that goes with lots of conflict,,
This years seems more directed using editing with the story lines whilst BB2012 producers letting the diverse House mates interact and clash..The conversations are completely different.

Showmances by definition are never real. They are simply alliances in the BB game in the confined circumstances of the BB house, and an easy means for a storyline.
well actual real alliances then. this years contestants only realized that it was a game when Tim fooled them, they now know they are being boring..

Last year's was easily better. Better housemates (lots of boring meatheads this year) and better looking house (interior designers have failed miserably this year). The producers are just trying too hard this year and just using the show as a money grabber. Doubt it'll be back next year.

this years is better for me.. hoping channel 9 will get better with each BB that they do, but it will never reach the height of bb03,bb04,bb05,bb06 that was the best BB era ever

I find this season immensely better, I was so turned off Big Brother after last season I almost didn't watch this one. Glad I did though, it's a massive improvement! I feel like last years season peaked in the first few weeks and gradually got worse, while its the opposite this year.

But don't you find that this started happening even during the Channel 10 era? The only time they really didn't care about how they were being portrayed was Season 1.

Yes and no. There have always been people who were anal about it, and others who just didn't care. The ones who didn't give a monkeys -Marty & Jess, Chrissie, Reggie, Fryzie, Paul, Christie, Camilla & Zac all come to mind - are usually the best.

Loved last year for some odd reason as looking back it wasn't really that special. Felt like everyone clicked well together but I think Bradley was such a cringe-y housemate, Ryan was boring, George was a goof and in general the housemates weren't that special. This year is okay... I like the housemates and the drama right now but I still feel like something is missing. I feel like no weekend shows leaves too big a gap so I feel like I'm not getting engulfed into the show as I was last year which is a shame because they're a good bunch this year.

Oh also the time slots this year and the lack of live footage of our housemates has dampened the show for me. I feel like noms should still be live.. made the show all the more unexpected and surprising!

This year is infinitely better because even if Tim wins, you can see that he's at least a semi decent person underneath it all.
Last year's winner ruined the whole series.

I love the way this year's series has made me laugh so much.
I think I cared more about last year's housemates, but I find this year's more interesting.
Having no shows on the weekend does let me develop other interests and be less BB obsessed.
I'm looking forward to more Late Night Feasts!

Sorry but last year was boring. I didn't really like anybody. THIS YEAR HAS 100% DEFINITELY GOT TO BE MY FAVOURITE YEAR!!! <3
#TeamJade

Estelle was the highlight of the 2012 series. Whether you liked her or not, she divided viewers and got people talking for really, being positive. I don't get the comparisons to Tully though. Estelle was all positive and nice while Tully is the completely opposite.

I'd probably love this year a lot better if the editing for the storylines weren't so evident and we got more time to show. Having 20 minutes on the eviction night to recap the events of Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday morning just doesn't work. At least last year we had Sunday and Monday to fill the blanks.

2012 was boring and nasty. I don't know how I managed to watch 80% of it, it was a bloody chore and too add insult to injury that vermin won.

I couldn't really get into it last year, it really failed to captivate me which was disappointing. This year, I am really enjoying it. Too bad the masses aren't as per the ratings.

After yesterdays daily show fallout ,I can see how this years is getting interesting,I like how tim is playing the game.
As im watching the 2012 series at the moment as well on youtube I can see the difference, It must not be that bad if I keep watching it.. I have no idea who won it(please dont tell me I havnt searched it out), I have no idea who goes next.
I watched no television last year so that's probably why im liking it so much because I can watch as much as I want in order.
To me the housemates last year represented your typical Australian.
The only problem with that is I don't get to vote.

Back