Skip to main content

BBAU Rewatch

Kate being evicted first seems wrong cause she WAS the entertainment of the first two weeks! Add her to my list of the iconic queens who were kicked out too soon.
I would have much preferred Jamie was the first evicted, I hate that he got the sympathy treatment for being a nerd.
The gender bias was very real in the voting. Kate had an abrasive personality, but if anyone deserved sympathy it was Kate for what the producers put her through with the baby task and subsequent manipulation.

I never particularly liked Jamie, but we would have missed out on this iconic moment.

Weeks of Kate v Emma tension and drama though... that would have been entertainment.

The gender bias was very real in the voting. Kate had an abrasive personality, but if anyone deserved sympathy it was Kate for what the producers put her through with the baby task and subsequent manipulation.

I never particularly liked Jamie, but we would have missed out on this iconic moment.

Weeks of Kate v Emma tension and drama though... that would have been entertainment.
I've had to put watching the season aside but I finally got up to this episode and I'm cringing hard over Jamie's meltdown. I absolutely lost it at Jamie yelling like a child "I"M NOT CRYING!" it was so funny.

I'm really enjoying this season, I'm shocked I've never really gotten into this one before now, the cast is a hot mess! Emma is just completely negative and made for this show, Rebecca is a fascinating person to watch and the cast are pretty much all contributing to the storyline so far (maybe not Joel).

My only problem with this season is that their isn't a standout favourite for me to root for, I like Aleisha but being surrounded by Billy and Emma really taint her for me. Usually there's one housemate that shines out of the cast but they're all pretty even.

And then didn't he get his own late night call and lose game show?
He did, but it was so cheap and didn't last long. I doubt he made much money from the endeavour.

I loved that Vesna always stood her ground in these conflicts. She was young at the time, but had enough confidence and self-worth to know she should not be disrespected in such ways.

Night 5 of BB04 was another alcohol-fueled night of drama. The half hour episodes make rewatching easier, but sometimes there was way too much good content that got cut.

Some Up Late footage
Aphrodite gets emotional
Krystal and Ryan have a heated discussion about lap dances and "tuggies" that ends in tears
Bree plays the diplomat between the men and women
Bree tells Ashalea she thinks she's being fake in the nicest way possible

More from the live stream
Aphrodite and Igor get into a big argument and then have an emotional reconciliation
General house chatter and gossip

On to watching 2008 and I must say, I'm thoroughly enjoying this season. Not sure if it's because I had lower expectations from the almost universal dislike for it or what but so far it has been constant storylines and arguments. Kyle is definitely a horrible host but I like Jackie-O on this and felt like she would've been great as a solo host.

This season feels a lot more like a UK series rather than an Australian series. The cast is much more stunt-casted and more diverse than the typical caucasian 20 year olds in years prior. I'm currently up to the Travis vs. Alice vs. Nobbie argument and it's crazy how blatantly obvious the 'Kombi Boys' are bullying Travis. Did enjoy Big Brother fully ripping into Nobbi in the diary room about the whole situation. At this point Nobbie is in the running to be my least favourite Aussie housemate ever.

And lastly a shout-out to the Queen that is Dixie, she was thoroughly entertaining to watch. Her eating the bowl of cereal watching the cricket balls being shot out and failing the task is simply iconic.

On to watching 2008 and I must say, I'm thoroughly enjoying this season. Not sure if it's because I had lower expectations from the almost universal dislike for it or what but so far it has been constant storylines and arguments. Kyle is definitely a horrible host but I like Jackie-O on this and felt like she would've been great as a solo host.

This season feels a lot more like a UK series rather than an Australian series. The cast is much more stunt-casted and more diverse than the typical caucasian 20 year olds in years prior. I'm currently up to the Travis vs. Alice vs. Nobbie argument and it's crazy how blatantly obvious the 'Kombi Boys' are bullying Travis. Did enjoy Big Brother fully ripping into Nobbi in the diary room about the whole situation. At this point Nobbie is in the running to be my least favourite Aussie housemate ever.

And lastly a shout-out to the Queen that is Dixie, she was thoroughly entertaining to watch. Her eating the bowl of cereal watching the cricket balls being shot out and failing the task is simply iconic.

BB08 had a lot of flaws, but it really was not that bad. It was very entertaining at times.

Some live stream of the truth or dare game gone wrong

It's underrated at best. For me it just felt too much like a TV series rather than a TV event. Had it not been for Brigitte I probably wouldn't have been able to finish my rewatch of it a year ago.

Kyle was the biggest issue - agree Jackie O would have been fine hosting solo and I still think Ten should have given it one more role of the dice with her hosting alone, although 15 years of Masterchef later I suspect Ten would disagree.

Some of the things they tried failed, and generally failed miserably, but it was the first time in a couple of years they were actually trying - and things like the revolving door nonsense and the viewers nominating, housemates evicting, were very quickly dropped.

Kyle was the biggest issue - agree Jackie O would have been fine hosting solo and I still think Ten should have given it one more role of the dice with her hosting alone, although 15 years of Masterchef later I suspect Ten would disagree.

Some of the things they tried failed, and generally failed miserably, but it was the first time in a couple of years they were actually trying - and things like the revolving door nonsense and the viewers nominating, housemates evicting, were very quickly dropped.
That was my first BB series I watched on TV and have very fond memories of it. I know many people dislike or are quick to talk bad about it but I think it is really entertaining, a lot of the storylines and arguments were highlights of the entire show. Just Dixie in general, Bianca's meltdown about the mole, Bianca vs Renee, Nobbi & Travis, Dixie and Rebecca, Brigitte the entire show, etc. I have a strong like for BB08

The casting was so much stronger, though their protection of Terri was baffling. Should have just left her as evicted in week 1 rather than put her back in and let her win.
Indeed. If the producers had not brought Terri back the series would have been stronger overall. Why did they protect her anyway? It's not like she was a ratings draw. What did she bring besides diversity of age and her controversial political views? I just remember her whinging a lot, and not in a funny Vesna type way.

Indeed. If the producers had not brought Terri back the series would have been stronger overall. Why did they protect her anyway? It's not like she was a ratings draw. What did she bring besides diversity of age and her controversial political views? I just remember her whinging a lot, and not in a funny Vesna type way.
Hey, I just saw you posting the live feeds for some of the seasons... and I've never seen these clips before 😧. Is there somewhere where you've posted others or all of what you have? I plan on rewatching BBAU08 so that would be cool to have. Thank you :happy:

Hey, I just saw you posting the live feeds for some of the seasons... and I've never seen these clips before 😧. Is there somewhere where you've posted others or all of what you have? I plan on rewatching BBAU08 so that would be cool to have. Thank you :happy:
I didn't post in any centralised place, but there are a few more mostly scattered throughout this thread and the Greatest Moments thread (https://www.behindbigbrother.com/forums/threads/big-brother-au-greatest-moments.56271/).

Back