Skip to main content

BBAU Rewatch

I’m loving this discussion, especially I guess since it’s so fresh in my mind. It’s quite fascinating watching something so old, firstly it’s interesting remembering where I was or what was going on in my life at that time, but it’s also fascinating to see the way my thoughts or feelings towards people or events have changed, or not.

But also, I’ve said this before, it’s weird when i become older than someone who was older than me at the time but they don’t look super young, yet the people who looked so old are now my age or younger.
Yeah it’s definitely an interesting experience how you perceive housemates differently now than you did a decade ago.

So I am just watching the intruder special now and I had ZERO memory of Nathan. I guess the only reason I remember Justynn is the alleged altercation that happened that we never actually got to hear about.

I think I'm just a sucker for a pop culture cross promotion. I thought the Ben/Bert/Patti segment was cute, normally I don't like how it's everything through the eyes of a Ben, IMHO that segment was one of times when I didn't actually mind seeing it being made all about Ben.. Also I actually like the fact that it seemed like Justynn actually went in the house with the same attitude and plan as his pre-interview lead us on to believe. I'm used to intruders being hyped and then failing to deliver.

Hopelessly optimistic perhaps!
So I just watched the intruder special which also featured the Bert and Patti visit for Ben’s birthday and I found this post that I made that night.

I know at the time, and probably still, there was a lot of resentment for the favoured treatment that Ben got, it never really bothered me but even more so now knowing that he didn’t win. I can enjoy these little moments even more.
The Bert and Patti appearance was so special. I’m sure it’s a time that Ben treasures and was really quite beautiful to watch.

Justynn showed a lot of promise to shake things up.

Yeah it’s definitely an interesting experience how you perceive housemates differently now than you did a decade ago.

So I am just watching the intruder special now and I had ZERO memory of Nathan. I guess the only reason I remember Justynn is the alleged altercation that happened that we never actually got to hear about.

He’s not super memorable except that he traded his spot for Maddie. It was portrayed as this largely selfless thing but he just wanted to to walk, not like he left so that she could be stay. I don’t feel like he made a huge impact but that made him memorable to me. A supposed “world first”

IIRC when Tim was on here, he was asked about the alleged altercation and he said it didn’t happen.

So I finished watching day 18 and I remembered why I started to dislike Caleb and Matt just that little bit. I hadn’t said it aloud but my feelings did start to change I remember. It did feel like a gang up on mikkayla just because she saved herself and logically putting Matt up was the right decision.

Tim as the only one living the decision enough to say it out loud. You can see how Tim is starting to build relationships and slowly building the idea of the boy club. He worked it real quietly without making it obvious. Clever man. Things I noticed this time around I didn’t before is mostly how Tim works the rounds with the hms. Super clever in how he integrates into conversations and seems to side with you without officially siding with you. Plants seeds while he is talking to you. He does this so early on I didn’t catch on until later.
Other things I noticed was Xavier was a bit sulky, more so than I remembered. At this stage I was still a jade fan and she had been my favourite so I didn’t pick up on things with Tahan. Like how super empowering she was with mikkayla and telling her she looks amazing and to tell herself she does too. I don’t know, I really loved that. I actually didn’t realise that jade was more of a pick me type of girl than I thought. I never picked up on it until now but her running up to Drew to say she’s a size 6 and then saying she’ll stay with the men department as if she is above that was a little bit disappointing watching this the second time round.

best thing about this episode is mikkaylas rant in the diary room about Ben being a grown man and it isn’t endearing for him to not pick up after himself I think it was, her rant about Xavier was so good too. I love how great Tahan and mikkayla are with their diary room time. But mikk was superb in this one’s.

Sorry for being annoying with these long posts. I’m already thinking what season to do next.

Other things I noticed was Xavier was a bit sulky, more so than I remembered.

Yeah! I think this is why I didn’t warm to him (again)

Sorry for being annoying with these long posts. I’m already thinking what season to do next.

Not annoying at all.

Yeah …. You choose the next series for us to watch haha.

I’ve had all the series downloaded for the longest time with the intention of rewatching and this covid iso week combined with being excited by seeing the OGs on this season finally kicked it into gear. Am I being ambitious thinking that I am even going to finish 2013 let alone rewatch any other series? Maybe! Haha

Yeah! I think this is why I didn’t warm to him (again)

Not annoying at all.

Yeah …. You choose the next series for us to watch haha.

I’ve had all the series downloaded for the longest time with the intention of rewatching and this covid iso week combined with being excited by seeing the OGs on this season finally kicked it into gear. Am I being ambitious thinking that I am even going to finish 2013 let alone rewatch any other series? Maybe! Haha
2006 for me. I don’t know what it is but that bb was the most impactful for me.

Quoting this post from Day 59 thread for absolute TRUTH @Sweetgeek
Just wanted to add I loved the confidential piece on Tim. Even as a youngster he was a rebellion it seemed. I liked hearing things about his life. He is so fascinating. I think he is amazing

There’s a little package about Tim in this episode of Confidential where he talks about his upbringing and then his strategy for the game. He is a flippin mastermind and totally in control of the game.

The Tim bit starts at 43:06 if anyone is interested. Watch until 48:30. Well worth a watch.

So I finished watching day 18 and I remembered why I started to dislike Caleb and Matt just that little bit. I hadn’t said it aloud but my feelings did start to change I remember. It did feel like a gang up on mikkayla just because she saved herself and logically putting Matt up was the right decision.

Tim as the only one living the decision enough to say it out loud. You can see how Tim is starting to build relationships and slowly building the idea of the boy club. He worked it real quietly without making it obvious. Clever man. Things I noticed this time around I didn’t before is mostly how Tim works the rounds with the hms. Super clever in how he integrates into conversations and seems to side with you without officially siding with you. Plants seeds while he is talking to you. He does this so early on I didn’t catch on until later.
Other things I noticed was Xavier was a bit sulky, more so than I remembered. At this stage I was still a jade fan and she had been my favourite so I didn’t pick up on things with Tahan. Like how super empowering she was with mikkayla and telling her she looks amazing and to tell herself she does too. I don’t know, I really loved that. I actually didn’t realise that jade was more of a pick me type of girl than I thought. I never picked up on it until now but her running up to Drew to say she’s a size 6 and then saying she’ll stay with the men department as if she is above that was a little bit disappointing watching this the second time round.

best thing about this episode is mikkaylas rant in the diary room about Ben being a grown man and it isn’t endearing for him to not pick up after himself I think it was, her rant about Xavier was so good too. I love how great Tahan and mikkayla are with their diary room time. But mikk was superb in this one’s.

I am enjoying reading the comments so no need to apologise. Making me want to watch it again. (I did a rewatch a few years ago now)

The main thing I always associate with Caleb is his faces while working out. Something tells me Caleb without Matt or Ed around would have been ok though and like drew would have made friends with whoever. I think he probably just never really would have been seen much because of the bigger personalities in that house.

I am enjoying reading the comments so no need to apologise. Making me want to watch it again. (I did a rewatch a few years ago now)

The main thing I always associate with Caleb is his faces while working out. Something tells me Caleb without Matt or Ed around would have been ok though and like drew would have made friends with whoever. I think he probably just never really would have been seen much because of the bigger personalities in that house.
Yeah I agree. Caleb seemed pretty harmless. Matt and Ed were more willing to talk behind others backs and I think did want to control the house. Caleb just wanted to have a good time. I didn’t mind him, even though I didn’t really like the ‘meatheads’.

Back