• Stay steady around 450k

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Average in the lower 400 thousands

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Get this show cancelled

Votes: 22 40.7%

• Total voters
Looks like S4 is happening! 😁😁
An interesting find, but I’d take it with a grain of salt until they actually start holding auditions; as I recall, they had expressions of interest for 2015 before cancelling the show back then as well.

Last edited:
An interesting find, but I’d take it with a grain of salt until they actually start holding auditions; as I recall, they had expressions of interest for 2015 before cancelling the show back then as well.

Yeah I thought the same. Need to wait until the finale (and maybe longer) before we know for sure. Or someone will spot the house being dismantled before then.

I'd say the timeshifted ratings will be enough for another season now - Seven may have a couple of "new" revivals lined up but until they've tested the water with them it would be foolish to axe Big Brother yet. I don't think the OGs have been enough to completely win back the classic fans but it has done enough to give it a stay of execution.

Indeed I wonder if the weak overnights and strong timeshift for Big Brother might actually make it the perfect show to sacrifice against MAFS, although they probably wouldn't want it to air against Survivor.

I'd be shocked if they went to an all newbie format though, unless it was celebs v normies or something (Is BB VIP officially canned or?).
All Stars (Ch7 Housemates) was rumoured for 2023 unless that was replaced with this year’s OG’s vs. Newbies. Maybe they’ll follow in AU Survivor’s format of another Champs vs. Contenders but with All Stars from this iteration.

What a trip down memory lane reading that thread. I had forgotten I got in a back-and-forth with Kingston. Haha.

I hope 7 have one last crack with some modifications.

All Stars (Ch7 Housemates) was rumoured for 2023 unless that was replaced with this year’s OG’s vs. Newbies. Maybe they’ll follow in AU Survivor’s format of another Champs vs. Contenders but with All Stars from this iteration.
I could see them doing 7x OGs, 7x 7HMs and 7 x Newbies. They should then make it a semi-team game where the winner of the "Nomination Challenge" wins immunity for their team and then chooses which of the other teams face eviction. That team then nominates in the tradiitonal manner, throw in a "save challenge" and then have the other teams vote on who goes. That way those who vote to determine the nominees don't vote to determine the evictees.

Well, that spiced up the ratings thread!

I rather hope that there is life in the old 7 dog yet. It's been a similarly dire year or two ratings-wise also for the Bachelor/ette on 10, and they are just trying new things and not giving up. It may be 7 phases out BB for this Million Dollar Island, or they may try another OG/VIP short season.

I randomly watched a snippet of season 3 on YT and a few of the HMs were talking about being watched by 2 million viewers.

Back