Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Stay steady around 450k

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Average in the lower 400 thousands

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Get this show cancelled

Votes: 22 40.7%

• Total voters
I actually agree. Overnights made sense before there was any online/catch up viewing, but now it's pretty meaningless except for an instant sugar hit of bragging rights (for someone, not Seven lately).
This is an interesting point. BB is the golden goose when it comes to streaming ad revenue for BBCAN or paid membership for the US (I think). I wonder if this is this being thought about for future BB. Sure, the live ratings aren't at the top, but to return to live streaming would make it a trailblazer in Australian media. We don't have any show like it that utilises technology like that. The future is online.. I wonder if they will heed to it or we'll sit on it for another 10 years before something inevitably comes along to do it?

This is an interesting point. BB is the golden goose when it comes to streaming ad revenue for BBCAN or paid membership for the US (I think). I wonder if this is this being thought about for future BB. Sure, the live ratings aren't at the top, but to return to live streaming would make it a trailblazer in Australian media. We don't have any show like it that utilises technology like that. The future is online.. I wonder if they will heed to it or we'll sit on it for another 10 years before something inevitably comes along to do it?
I can still remember checking out the live streams over crappy dial up all the way back in 2001! Other than the fact the show is pre-recorded, aren’t production scared of live streams because of the turkey slapping incident? It would be great to have the option again now that the tech has caught up (should we ever be lucky enough to see the original format return).

I can still remember checking out the live streams over crappy dial up all the way back in 2001! Other than the fact the show is pre-recorded, aren’t production scared of live streams because of the turkey slapping incident? It would be great to have the option again now that the tech has caught up (should we ever be lucky enough to see the original format return).
turkey slapping incident?! what happened there?

ahaha from that article:

“I was in Harvey Norman with my sister and someone yelled out, ‘Oi, show us ya map of Tassie, Reggie’ and I just went, ‘What?!’ And my sister goes, ‘Oh, Reg, you’ve got no idea what they’ve shown of you,’ ” she says. But Bird wasn’t fazed. “You know, it didn’t really bother me to be honest. I just said, ‘Oh, poor people, they’ve seen my flange.’ ” :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

BBUS live feeds are just a way for Paramount to inflate Paramount+ subscriptions. In terms of BBCAN if you watch the show it should be fairly obvious where the majority of their revenue comes from… Definitely not from streaming.

Also BBCAN still relies mostly on overnight ratings… Part of the reason I lose interest in the show so quickly is because if I miss it live I have to wait until the next morning to stream the episode because same day catch-up doesn’t exist in North America.

Also BBCAN still relies mostly on overnight ratings… Part of the reason I lose interest in the show so quickly is because if I miss it live I have to wait until the next morning to stream the episode because same day catch-up doesn’t exist in North America.
You could always get a PVR/DVR.

Last Tues BB lifted 56% in total TV.
For comparison Celeb Apprentice lifted 29% and MasterChef lifted 19%.

You could always get a PVR/DVR.
To record what exactly? For one I watch everything on either my laptop or phone, my TV hasn’t been plugged in to the wall in like 4 years, cable is too expensive for what I actually watch, and FTA TV isn’t common in Canada. Also I believe it’s all digital now anyways so it’s not as easy as attaching a coat hanger to a coaxial cable and picking up a signal.

Also I believe it’s all digital now anyways so it’s not as easy as attaching a coat hanger to a coaxial cable and picking up a signal.
It's literally no different to having a VCR connected to your TV in the 1990s. Just the over-the-air signal is digital instead of analogue, and the PVR is smarter than your VCR. If I was still in Australia I'd still be recording all my telly and watching on delay to skip ads etc. Watching on a TV is better than phone/laptop because it gives your eyes a break to focus in the distance. And easier to multitask on laptop while watching.

Sure, but it’s better than the low-ish 300k numbers from last week. Guess people really wanted to see Sam gone.
Yes. Funny how the ratings dropped when she didn’t go home but picked up when she did.

I have just noticed over on the Mediaspy forums how well BB is doing when streaming numbers are taken into consideration.

It is the number 1 most streamed show in Australia at the moment (for example last Tuesday's episode had 167k streams compared to 91k for Celeb Apprentice and 85k for Masterchef). That might be what saves it from being cancelled.

I have just noticed over on the Mediaspy forums how well BB is doing when streaming numbers are taken into consideration.

It is the number 1 most streamed show in Australia at the moment (for example last Tuesday's episode had 167k streams compared to 91k for Celeb Apprentice and 85k for Masterchef). That might be what saves it from being cancelled.
High streaming numbers seems to have worked for Love Island. I think the streaming numbers are probably higher than previous couple of Bb seasons though. It’s the nostalgia factor at play here imo.

I hold hope that 7 can have at least one more crack at it, and yes maybe even try it live with streams.

It would definitely lean into Seven's argument that the overnights be dropped.

High streaming numbers seems to have worked for Love Island. I think the streaming numbers are probably higher than previous couple of Bb seasons though. It’s the nostalgia factor at play here imo.

I hold hope that 7 can have at least one more crack at it, and yes maybe even try it live with streams.

Yes, streaming numbers are 20-30k higher compared to last April's season on 7.

Back