Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Stay steady around 450k

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Average in the lower 400 thousands

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Get this show cancelled

Votes: 22 40.7%

• Total voters
Getting rid of overnights altogether is throwing the baby out with the bathwater, but he’s right that there needs to be a paradigm shift regarding how to view viewership numbers.

Literally half (~46-48%) of BBAU’s audience are online, and the slide towards streaming is only going to continue over time.
I actually agree. Overnights made sense before there was any online/catch up viewing, but now it's pretty meaningless except for an instant sugar hit of bragging rights (for someone, not Seven lately).

On the other hand though just leaving people's impressions of a series to what people are saying about it could be just as damaging too. Now with BB the overnights reflect opinion, but with other shows ratings can be much stronger than the reviews suggest.

I drove past the house again yesterday afternoon and its still standing.
Mind you it is a very very cheap job of timber boards and what not so would not take them long to pull it down 😂

I drove past the house again yesterday afternoon and its still standing.
Mind you it is a very very cheap job of timber boards and what not so would not take them long to pull it down 😂
Thanks for the update. Let us know if it's still there after all the catch up ratings come in the week following the finale. They must be praying for a miracle uplift.

Who needs overnights when you have page counts - last Mondays hit page 19 at this point last week, today it's only at 13.

And yes, I'm putting that all down to the standard of the show rather than questioning the quality of any of the contributors here.

Who needs overnights when you have page counts - last Mondays hit page 19 at this point last week, today it's only at 13.

And yes, I'm putting that all down to the standard of the show rather than questioning the quality of any of the contributors here.
I completely forgot it was on for the first twenty minutes tonight. That is how memorable this season is turning out to be.

Agree - and sadly it solely has everything to do with Tim, Estelle, Reggie, Dave, Drew and Tully simply being there, and nothing to do with the production, format, concept or the show itself.

Completely agree, without the original housemates being there I probably wouldn't have even bothered watching. At this point I am just hoping 7 cancels the show and 10 picks it up again in the future. I feel they would invest way more time in trying to return BB to it's former glory and not ignoring the feedback of the fans.

At this point I am just hoping 7 cancels the show and 10 picks it up again in the future. I feel they would invest way more time in trying to return BB to it's former glory and not ignoring the feedback of the fans.
I’ve been saying it for years and I stand by my instincts that this will 100% happen one day. I feel so sure of it.

It might still be a few years off, but I’m certain someone at Ten will finally see the potential in a true combination of the original and newer (overseas) formats and pitch it - including amalgamating today’s technology and use of social media how it should be. It’s entirely doable, and marketable if done at the right time and in the right way.

And most importantly, time and time again it has been proven that the Australian audience is there for it, too. Something that can’t be said for most RTV shows.

I’ve been saying it for years and I stand by my instincts that this will 100% happen one day. I feel so sure of it.

It might still be a few years off, but I’m certain someone at Ten will finally see the potential in a true combination of the original and newer (overseas) formats and pitch it - including amalgamating today’s technology and use of social media how it should be. It’s entirely doable, and marketable if done at the right time and in the right way.

I think so too, especially with how their reality shows are rating at the moment (Bachelor and Bachelorette flopping big time, Masterchef and Survivor getting average ratings). And Ten have been bought out by CBS and BB is still very much a big brand for them in the USA.

And Ten have been bought out by CBS and BB is still very much a big brand for them in the USA.
This is also key. There’s potential for an investment of money to be filtered in from them, depending how the show is produced - and potentially even a merger of ideas, particularly when it comes to CBS’ execution of the live streams, etc, and how it could be revived here. Not to mention expanding via Paramount+, a benefit no other Aussie network has at their disposal (bar maybe Stan/Nine).

I think so too, especially with how their reality shows are rating at the moment (Bachelor and Bachelorette flopping big time, Masterchef and Survivor getting average ratings). And Ten have been bought out by CBS and BB is still very much a big brand for them in the USA.
Channel 5 in the UK and Ten are run as a completely separate division from US operations within Paramount Global.

I’m not sure at exactly how much BBUS’s performance might sway decision making within the division that oversees Ten’s programming.

Is it? It was still the lowest rating show across the three main networks. Even Hot Seat had more viewers.

Back