Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Stay steady around 450k

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Average in the lower 400 thousands

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Get this show cancelled

Votes: 22 40.7%

• Total voters
7 are scrambling atm as they don't have the hits that 9 with MAFS and 10 with Survivor on their books.
They have even postponed the Idol reboot, agt etc

7 really only has themselves to blame for this cluster fuck.
Side note, why do they keep pushing back Aus Idol? I know they wanted to do it live, and I reckon it'd actually do really well.

Yeah I can't remember the wording. It may have been "up to" four seasons. Either way, I agree with you, I'd bail too.

Said something like 'Circa four annual series' or something like that from memory?

They’ve been upfront about moving it because of COVID, and I guess 20% also because they don’t have anywhere to slot it
Well now that BB is out, I guess they've found the space.
I'm generally not a fan of talent shows, The Voice, AGT, etc, but I am pretty curious to see how Aus Idol holds up in todays environment, and want to see how 7 execute a live format.

Well now that BB is out, I guess they've found the space.
I'm generally not a fan of talent shows, The Voice, AGT, etc, but I am pretty curious to see how Aus Idol holds up in todays environment, and want to see how 7 execute a live format.
It will probably rate well but let’s be honest talent shows are nowhere near what they were 20 years ago. No doubt it will be a panel of “artists” delivering beautifully pre-scripted lines to moderate talent who will probably be singing covers on YouTube/TikTok for the rest of their career.

Tuesday 31st May

18BIG BROTHER - TUESeven
306,000​

Hilarious to see 7's BB being beaten by a UK afternoon quiz show (Tipping Point- 308k)

Times they are a changing. I’ve heard it only costs a third of what it cost 9 and 10 with this format.

They didn’t really get a chance to do anything after the ratings result of VIP. They have made some changes which while not substantial enough for many here, are small steps in the right direction. So I hold hope they can do some more tinkering and come up with something that grabs more linear eyeballs (and continues being a streaming success) next series.
It also has to be very cheap to create this show compared to any other programming. The house is there, the housemates get a pittance for being there and they provide food and props.

They get hours of programming from this show at very little cost.

Question: couldn’t they get more money by airing the show online to other countries? There are BB fans around the world that will watch.

Tuesday 31st May

18BIG BROTHER - TUESeven
306,000​

Hilarious to see 7's BB being beaten by a UK afternoon quiz show (Tipping Point- 308k)
Looks like afternoon is the new prime time for linear tv. The Chase was the number #1 non- news/current affair program.

They do. It’s streamed on Paramount+ in the US.
and tvnz online in nz. it got bumped to another channel on live tv tho which isn't a good sign. i guess because NZ didnt pick up the previous seasons/i definitely didnt see any after the live format change.. its definitely not as known!

it got bumped to another channel on live tv
Because people complained about losing reruns of The Simpsons/Friends/The Big Bang Theory (and also because those reruns were pulling in a larger audience than what Big Brother did for its first two weeks). 😂

NZ didnt pick up the previous seasons
Of the Seven-era of the show? The first aired on Three (and got pushed to late-night when ratings bombed despite them advertising the heck out of it), then it moved to TVNZ where the second was online-only and VIP was online less than 24 hours after the Australian airing and then aired on TVNZ 2 the night after that. We've had all seasons of the Seven-era here in NZ.

It also has to be very cheap to create this show compared to any other programming. The house is there, the housemates get a pittance for being there and they provide food and props.

They get hours of programming from this show at very little cost.

Question: couldn’t they get more money by airing the show online to other countries? There are BB fans around the world that will watch.
I'm one of those fans (a Yank in California) lol
But I watch all my Telly on this website which strips the commercials out (an hour is just 42 minutes, and 2 is barely 90 minutes)

I'm sure that BB's dire ratings have nothing whatsoever to do with this:

James Warburton:: “Let’s get rid of Overnights”​

Getting rid of overnights altogether is throwing the baby out with the bathwater, but he’s right that there needs to be a paradigm shift regarding how to view viewership numbers.

Literally half (~46-48%) of BBAU’s audience are online, and the slide towards streaming is only going to continue over time.

Back