Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Stay steady around 450k

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Average in the lower 400 thousands

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Get this show cancelled

Votes: 22 40.7%

• Total voters
Times they are a changing. I’ve heard it only costs a third of what it cost 9 and 10 with this format.

They didn’t really get a chance to do anything after the ratings result of VIP. They have made some changes which while not substantial enough for many here, are small steps in the right direction. So I hold hope they can do some more tinkering and come up with something that grabs more linear eyeballs (and continues being a streaming success) next series.

Makes sense then that the linear ratings are also a third of what the show was rating on 9/10 (apart from the 2014 season on 9 where 9 messed around with the scheduling too much). You get what you put in.

Their contract ends at this season and they have decided not to renew, I think they hoped to go out with a bang with old housemates, but hasn't really worked
Was the second 2022 season (the one that was to replace VIP) not part of this same contract? I assume they have chosen not to follow through on it to avoid a greater loss.

In Seven's DA for the pavilion they said two years and four seasons, didn't they?

Was the second 2022 season (the one that was to replace VIP) not part of this same contract? I assume they have chosen not to follow through on it to avoid a greater loss.
Their contract from what I know was 3 years, not per series, they did want for it to be a success, but all 3 (well 4 with VIP) have not lived up to any expectation.

7 are scrambling atm as they don't have the hits that 9 with MAFS and 10 with Survivor on their books.
They have even postponed the Idol reboot, agt etc

In Seven's DA for the pavilion they said two years and four seasons, didn't they?
But I spose when they know they’re not going to be able to sell another season to advertisers when it’s bombing so badly in the live ratings, it’d be a safer option just to forfeit rather than proceed, even if the option is there.

But I spose when they know they’re not going to be able to sell another season to advertisers when it’s bombing so badly in the live ratings, it’d be a safer option just to forfeit rather than proceed, even if the option is there.
Yeah I can't remember the wording. It may have been "up to" four seasons. Either way, I agree with you, I'd bail too.

Yeah I can't remember the wording. It may have been "up to" four seasons. Either way, I agree with you, I'd bail too.
Yeah production costs vs revenue, they losing money

Their contract from what I know was 3 years, not per series, they did want for it to be a success, but all 3 (well 4 with VIP) have not lived up to any expectation.

7 are scrambling atm as they don't have the hits that 9 with MAFS and 10 with Survivor on their books.
They have even postponed the Idol reboot, agt etc
AGT is about to start filming. I was just invited to live taping end of June.

Such a shame that we have yet to see a Big Brother in today's world that can utilise the technology at its disposable. The option to produce a show that can be interactive, live, accessable to the audience 24/7 or even at bare minumum make the viewer have an emotional connection to the contestants. The concept of the Big Brother format in 2022 could be so fun and interesting yet they won't even listen to the feedback that almost every single viewer has given them!

Baffles me though when opening up their streamers that anyone would think to spend 90 minutes watching this shit when you can watch a movie or a couple of episodes of a critically acclaimed series instead.
Well if they’re like me, I’m not a big movie person, I enjoy the show and aren’t home at 730pm some Mon - Wednesday’s. I’m finishing work then gym then dinner. Sometimes I watch live where I can, sometimes I catch up Wed/thurs/Fri. Or if it’s been a busy week I’ll watch all three on the weekend together. Barely anyone sits and waits for FTA anymore. It’s all about putting it on when it conveniently suits.

Back