Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Stay steady around 450k

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Average in the lower 400 thousands

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Get this show cancelled

Votes: 22 40.7%

• Total voters
Last Monday's ep was only 304k, and the 7-day consolidated figure was 699k. With the exception of Origin that is the first episode below 700k.

Last Monday's ep was only 304k, and the 7-day consolidated figure was 699k. With the exception of Origin that is the first episode below 700k.

And if memory serves me correctly that's similar to ratings BB was getting when 9 cancelled it.

And if memory serves me correctly that's similar to ratings BB was getting when 9 cancelled it.
The series average for 2014 was about 650k. Also worth noting that by the time the season ended, the axing wasn’t actually confirmed. (Nine had started planning a CBB revival for 2015 to renew interest, before dumping it in favour of Celebrity Apprentice.)

But yes, that is correct.

Yes, and no. Consolidated average (up until last Monday) for this season is currently standing at 790k. Consolidated is 5-Capitals, Regionals, plus a week's worth of catch-up views. The 650k average for Nine was the 5-Capital overnights alone. Not sure how many extra viewers the regions would have added. 100k? 200k? So Nine cancelled it on around the same numbers and possibly actually more.

Yes, and no. Consolidated average (up until last Monday) for this season is currently standing at 790k. Consolidated is 5-Capitals, Regionals, plus a week's worth of catch-up views. The 650k average for Nine was the 5-Capital overnights alone. Not sure how many extra viewers the regions would have added. 100k? 200k? So Nine cancelled it on around the same numbers and possibly actually more.
This.

The metro overnights on Nine were quite a bit higher than the Seven figures. Though TV in general waw much more popular in 2014 compared to now.

I’m not sure how much regionals and online would have added to the Nine figures. I would guess Nine would have had more regional TV viewers, also due to TV being more popular back then. But I would guess less online viewers for Nine, due to streaming being less popular then than it is now. This is pure speculation though.

Overall I think Nine’s last season would beat 2022 figures by a few hundred thousand, as the overnight metro averages for Nine in 2014 weren’t too far off what the total viewing is right now. So presumably the addition of regionals and online would put Nine/2014 season in front.

I'd guess it's placing in the ratings rather than it's actual ratings might be more relevant nowadays - so out of the top 20 isn't promising.

That said I still think though Seven will renew it for at least one more series. It would be unlike them not to let a reality show go at least a season or two longer than it should have done.

Last edited:
I'd guess it's placing in the ratings rather than it's actual ratings might be more relevant nowadays - so out of the top 20 isn't promising.

That said I still think though Seven will renew it for at least one more series. It would be unlike them not to let a reality show go at least a season or two longer than it should have done.
Sadly true. But I hope not. Kill it. Kill it now!

Honestly, wasn’t casting being advertised by this point in time last year? If we don’t hear anything by the finale, I think that’s the biggest tell it’s over.

Casting calls are a big lie nowadays anyway - they mainly recruit. I've always thought with Big Brother and such shows too that surely you get enough people applying one year to cast for two years anyway so I wouldn't read too much into it. This though is actually where pre-recording works against Seven - if it was going out live they could leave it till the end of the year to make a decision and still have plenty of time to cast and prepare a new series due to air in May, but with it being pre-recorded usually the October before they need to make a quicker decision.

Casting calls are a big lie nowadays anyway - they mainly recruit. I've always thought with Big Brother and such shows too that surely you get enough people applying one year to cast for two years anyway so I wouldn't read too much into it. This though is actually where pre-recording works against Seven - if it was going out live they could leave it till the end of the year to make a decision and still have plenty of time to cast and prepare a new series due to air in May, but with it being pre-recorded usually the October before they need to make a quicker decision.
I remember years ago people were sick of US Survivor recruiting people on Malibu Beach. They suggested "How about a season of Applicants Vs Applicants"?

Look, we could see this as a potential sign that they haven’t opened casting yet because they’ve come to their senses and realised the show needs to be live next year. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I mean probably don’t look at the situation like that unless you want to be disappointed once again but if you’re a glass half full kind of person… go for it! 😅

I also expect a renewal. It’s a small set, the cast are all paid minimum wage, the cameras aren’t even on 24/7 I can guarantee you that and post production seems like it wouldn’t be too difficult as the structure remains pretty similar week on week.

I’d wager this is one of the cheaper reality shows on their slate and it is marketing for 7 Plus, which if I was 7 I’d be trying to pivot to anyway seeing the current state of free to air television.

I also expect a renewal. It’s a small set, the cast are all paid minimum wage, the cameras aren’t even on 24/7 I can guarantee you that and post production seems like it wouldn’t be too difficult as the structure remains pretty similar week on week.

I’d wager this is one of the cheaper reality shows on their slate and it is marketing for 7 Plus, which if I was 7 I’d be trying to pivot to anyway seeing the current state of free to air television.

If there is a renewal, I expect the ratings to sink into the 200ks, most people would only be watching this season because of the original housemates.

If there is a renewal, I expect the ratings to sink into the 200ks, most people would only be watching this season because of the original housemates.

This.
Without the OGs I wouldn’t be watching and if this format continues with all new players next time I won’t watch. I have enjoyed a couple of the new players but would have liked to see them in the old format anyway.

Back