Skip to main content

BBAU 2022: Promos and other news (includes spoilers)

So given as bafflingly the betting sites can take bets on a pre-determined event and have almost always been correct the top three are almost certainly:
Reggie, Johnson and Taras
And the newbies don't have a chance.
I think Taras was actually outside of the top 3 on betting sites last week, but undeniably he’ll be endgame

Furious about no-personality-Johnson getting that far, if so.

I’d love to see a Taras win. We need to see more of him.
I’m from NYC and know only about Australian Big Brother from what I’ve learned here in the forum. Even I, way back in 2013 heard about Reggie and only in the most glowing terms. So I, a complete outsider and never watched her season, have known about her and how beloved she is for 9 years.

I can’t imagine anyone else winning but her because Australia votes in the winner.

I think she makes the end because 1) she’s blind and 2) no one wants to be responsible for nominating her and voting her out now. They will be hated.

Plus she seems to be a well-liked person from the housemates.

If I could bet in Australia I would bet on her.

There is no way anyone wins against Reggie/Tim if they make it to the end. Any of the other originals, yes.
Oh totally. A Reggie win was 100% locked in the moment they casted her - and last night’s entire edit was proof of how they’re already planting those seeds to ensure it happens.

If a complete newbie had to win though, I am all in on Taras - he is a very interesting character to me, I just wish were seeing more of that.

Oh totally. A Reggie win was 100% locked in the moment they casted her - and last night’s entire edit was proof of how they’re already planting those seeds to ensure it happens.

If a complete newbie had to win though, I am all in on Taras - he is a very interesting character to me, I just wish were seeing more of that.
I agree.
Reggie is a lock if she makes F3.
But Taras is interesting, I actually think Joel could be an interesting player too. We will see as it goes.

So according to the EPG there's a shock new housemate eviction on Monday. I am guessing Joel or Sam will go.

lol how is that half going to survive the show with their numbers dwindling? I feel bad, it is kind of unfair (as much as I love and prefer the OGs)

Cool, I guess we’re in for more padding from newbie intruders as well, unless I’m faceblind and it’s Sara-Marie. Credit to Ella on Reddit.

52DD3F85-20D5-4783-AA92-674D4F188CD5.jpeg

Yeah, she keeps saying she apologised but these aren't apologies; it's just denial:

“I just apologised, because I’m not a bully. I apologised like ‘Oh, I’m so sorry if you felt like I was a bully towards you in 2012. You’re the most nominated housemate of all time, but that wasn’t because of me’.

“So I apologised and I gave her a hug, and I was like ‘I’m so sorry that you think that’,” Layla recalled.
Gosh you leave this forum for a day and so much happens...
I had no idea about this article, I also had no idea that housemates were calling Layla a bully...
There was much more context to all of this obvciously and I wish they showed the relationship I really do...

I had said to the house (as Sonia brought it up at my first nomination) about the type of experience I had Vs am having now) that 2012 wasn't really an easy time for me, that I felt like I didn't fit in and that Ben ( I don't remember naming others at this point) were not pleasant to me at all....
Then the night Layla entered I was noticeably really taken back as I was semi assured no-one else would be coming in from 2012 (well that was my deductions).
So when Layla walked in, I freaked because I was nowhere near prepared for anyone... I was also hyper-adrenalised and had, had 4 days of being "ON" no sleep, bright lights etc. I did go to the diary room crying because I felt semi "bamboozled" I said to BB. However, I did then have a days rest and Layla and I spoke in the backyard and she said how she no longer had a relationship with Ben, he had hurt her etc.
She said she was sorry and yes I let it go.
Deep in my heart I have and always will pray this was sincere and part of the game.
I assume the other OGs saw my emotional responses and I then definitely was pretty introvert the first 12 hours following her arrival..
Housemates weren't present for our makeup.. And nominations I think had already been so by the time they saw our mending (I supported her front line when she won that second chance challenge)..

Anyway I have seen Layla since the show and I do think she leads a different life now. I can't help but notice her immediate interview with Ben however. I will hold positive its and hope in high regard for goodness.......

Deep in my heart I have and always will pray this was sincere and part of the game.

Thanks for your response. I assume that's meant to read "and not part of the game"?

Reason I picked on her choice of words was because her apology there was qualified not once, not twice, but three times. And then she's off doing interviews with Ben despite what she told you. Hmm.

Cool, I guess we’re in for more padding from newbie intruders as well, unless I’m faceblind and it’s Sara-Marie. Credit to Ella on Reddit.

View attachment 57903

I’ve been confused by this too, at first I thought maybe it’s Gabbie without makeup? But I don’t think it is. It does put doubt in my mind toward the Sara-Marie and Merlin rumour. Unless there’s some sort of twist where we have one original and one newbie as an intruder and there’s another two who don’t make it in? Probably not since it’s been said the total number of housemates is 21. Looks like the intruders will probably just be newbies.

I’ve been confused by this too, at first I thought maybe it’s Gabbie without makeup? But I don’t think it is. It does put doubt in my mind toward the Sara-Marie and Merlin rumour. Unless there’s some sort of twist where we have one original and one newbie as an intruder and there’s another two who don’t make it in? Probably not since it’s been said the total number of housemates is 21. Looks like the intruders will probably just be newbies.
That works well with my 'Sara Marie and Merlin might only be making guest appearances' theory.

View attachment 57903

where does this shot come from? Do they both move? Could it be a freeze task where a loved one comes in? Although a hug from the back is a bit weird in that context.

Surely there will be other original housemates coming in one form or another, whether a temporary visit for a special task, intruders, or more permanents. On the 21st anniversary, you can't tell me BB can only muster up less than 10 originals. They'll probably be more newbies too.

Back