Skip to main content

BBAU 2022: Promos and other news (includes spoilers)

Cool, I guess we’re in for more padding from newbie intruders as well, unless I’m faceblind and it’s Sara-Marie. Credit to Ella on Reddit.

View attachment 57903
Near the end of the first promo, not a freeze task

Could be Aleisha? Joel is also kissing some girl near the end of that promo which could also be Aleisha (getting back together storyline?) or could be the same mystery gal.

Gosh you leave this forum for a day and so much happens...
I had no idea about this article, I also had no idea that housemates were calling Layla a bully...
There was much more context to all of this obvciously and I wish they showed the relationship I really do...

I had said to the house (as Sonia brought it up at my first nomination) about the type of experience I had Vs am having now) that 2012 wasn't really an easy time for me, that I felt like I didn't fit in and that Ben ( I don't remember naming others at this point) were not pleasant to me at all....
Then the night Layla entered I was noticeably really taken back as I was semi assured no-one else would be coming in from 2012 (well that was my deductions).
So when Layla walked in, I freaked because I was nowhere near prepared for anyone... I was also hyper-adrenalised and had, had 4 days of being "ON" no sleep, bright lights etc. I did go to the diary room crying because I felt semi "bamboozled" I said to BB. However, I did then have a days rest and Layla and I spoke in the backyard and she said how she no longer had a relationship with Ben, he had hurt her etc.
She said she was sorry and yes I let it go.
Deep in my heart I have and always will pray this was sincere and part of the game.
I assume the other OGs saw my emotional responses and I then definitely was pretty introvert the first 12 hours following her arrival..
Housemates weren't present for our makeup.. And nominations I think had already been so by the time they saw our mending (I supported her front line when she won that second chance challenge)..

Anyway I have seen Layla since the show and I do think she leads a different life now. I can't help but notice her immediate interview with Ben however. I will hold positive its and hope in high regard for goodness.......
It’s better for you to let it go too even if she’s not sincere. No we haven’t seen much of you on the show and you were on before I started watching from NYC, but I think you have a very good positive energy around you. I like how you don’t let things that others do drag you down more than is warranted. I think you’re doing great.

So given as bafflingly the betting sites can take bets on a pre-determined event and have almost always been correct the top three are almost certainly:
Reggie, Johnson and Taras
And the newbies don't have a chance.
what are the chances of the bookies being wrong about the top 3? I recall last year, the odds of the top 4 were a bit scrambled when only they were left. With Tim being the 4th favourite, does it suggest that he is the last housemate to be evicted?

what are the chances of the bookies being wrong about the top 3? I recall last year, the odds of the top 4 were a bit scrambled when only they were left. With Tim being the 4th favourite, does it suggest that he is the last housemate to be evicted?
The Top 5 odds are a bit scrambled, when I went to the viewing party one person there told me
Aleisha comes 4th

IDK how reliable the source is that told me, but I have no reason not to believe it.

The Top 5 odds are a bit scrambled, when I went to the viewing party one person there told me
Aleisha comes 4th

IDK how reliable the source is that told me, but I have no reason not to believe it.
Wouldn't the fact that you don't know how reliable the source is be the very reason to not believe it?

Wouldn't the fact that you don't know how reliable the source is be the very reason to not believe it?
Eh, it was a past housemate who heard it from a conversation going on at the viewing party. I'm not gonna think of it as gospel, but there was a lot of talk of spoilers that night from several people who had already viewed several episodes.

Eh, it was a past housemate who heard it from a conversation going on at the viewing party. I'm not gonna think of it as gospel, but there was a lot of talk of spoilers that night from several people who had already viewed several episodes.
i think that's definitely plausible. Aleisha does seem like a person that can grow on me, especially without the influence of joel now, she can create her own identity.

I hope it had nothing to do with Ben Norris

I hope it had nothing to do with Ben Norris
Moral turpitude.
happy-easter-%C5%9Bmigus-dyngus.gif

To front up on this forum gives you a lot of credit in my cynical eyes Estelle.
Appreciate your thoughts and insights and genuine love for the show.
Dont take too seriously my comments. Im kinda just the resident jester and proponent of chicanery.
I like , if I can, to make people smile and laugh.

I’ve been confused by this too, at first I thought maybe it’s Gabbie without makeup? But I don’t think it is. It does put doubt in my mind toward the Sara-Marie and Merlin rumour. Unless there’s some sort of twist where we have one original and one newbie as an intruder and there’s another two who don’t make it in? Probably not since it’s been said the total number of housemates is 21. Looks like the intruders will probably just be newbies.
Oh duh, I think you’re onto it.

4 intruders total, 2 newbie (one male and female) and 2 OG (Sara-Marie and Merlin) spend the episode cycle mingling with the house before 2 of them have to compete/get voted in. The two that don’t make it in aren’t considered “houseguests” by the 21 person count, meaning that there’s still a chance for the OGs to make it as a more permanent presence in the house.

Haha this reminds me, how is the term “houseguests” used in North America outside of BBUS or BBCan?

I live with 2 friends and often call them my housemates. Would they be called houseguests over there? ‘Guests’ seems to imply visitors as opposed to actually living there?

Haha this reminds me, how is the term “houseguests” used in North America outside of BBUS or BBCan?

I live with 2 friends and often call them my housemates. Would they be called houseguests over there? ‘Guests’ seems to imply visitors as opposed to actually living there?
BBUS has always used Houseguests and given that BBCAN owes its existence to BBUS it has as well.

It might have something to do with BBUS being the first English series and the conversion of terms used in the original Dutch series.

The first series of BBUS had a lot of weird terms; for instance houseguest weren’t nominated they were marked for banishment, houseguest weren’t evicted they were banished, and the Diary Room was called the Red Room.

It does make sense if you consider housemates are really just guests in Big Brothers house.

BBUS has always used Houseguests and given that BBCAN owes its existence to BBUS it has as well. It might have something to do with BBUS being the first English series and the conversion of terms used in the original Dutch series. The first series of BBUS had a lot of weird terms; for instance houseguest weren’t nominated they were marked for banishment, houseguest weren’t evicted they were banished, and the Diary Room was called the Red Room.
Yeah sorry I know that it is used in the BBUS and BBCan series. I’m asking whether the term “houseguest” is also used in society for people you live with but aren’t related to?

Edited to add: now I re-read your response you might have answered in saying that it’s just a weird translation from the Dutch series. 👌🏽

Back