Skip to main content

BBAU 2022: Promos and other news (includes spoilers)

“When I got into the house, Estelle has already told the housemates that she was bullied in 2012 by myself and Benjamin [Norris],” Layla claimed.

The 34-year-old said that after she arrived the housemates were like “a pack of wolves for [her], saying “’You’re a bully, you’re a f****** bully, you bullied Estelle’”.

“When I got into the house, Estelle has already told the housemates that she was bullied in 2012 by myself and Benjamin [Norris],” Layla claimed.

The 34-year-old said that after she arrived the housemates were like “a pack of wolves for [her], saying “’You’re a bully, you’re a f****** bully, you bullied Estelle’”.
Well, she was...

View attachment 57848

So from these episode descriptions, no Tully this week?

Knowing about her coming in has meant a complete lack of tension in any of the Drew / Sam nominations.
Would be a very Tim thing to do to get her out ASAP to ruin the producers planned storylines. However suspect Tim also knows Drew/Tully would be a draw this series needs.

Granted these interviews take one comment and make them the focus of the entire thing but Layla does not come across well there at all.

Wonder if these interviews are done soon after the actual eviction as this one feels quite raw. I'm guessing Seven/Endemol staff do them and then release them to the usual trashsites when evicted.

Granted these interviews take one comment and make them the focus of the entire thing but Layla does not come across well there at all.

Yeah, she keeps saying she apologised but these aren't apologies; it's just denial:

“I just apologised, because I’m not a bully. I apologised like ‘Oh, I’m so sorry if you felt like I was a bully towards you in 2012. You’re the most nominated housemate of all time, but that wasn’t because of me’.

“So I apologised and I gave her a hug, and I was like ‘I’m so sorry that you think that’,” Layla recalled.

Interesting.
I had a feeling something might be going on between Layla and the other OGs, given some of the interactions (or lack thereof) and votes for each other.
My feeling is also that it's not appropriate for Layla to play the victim here, and she would have been better off saying nothing.

I said this in the main thread and I'll say it here again - she was 100% part of the bully group in the original series and it's disappointing to see here that she doesn't seem to have taken accountability or learnt anything. I also don't know why BB always shies away from shining a light on that storyline, even when both Estelle and Layla returned this season.

Edit: Oh my god. Randomly decided to visit Layla to see if she made any tweets about BB and...

1652710060319.png

Last edited:
Have to wonder if she'd even be remembered if it wasn't for that song. And having that follow you around for the rest of your life as punishment for something that may or may not have happened a decade ago.

Yeah, she keeps saying she apologised but these aren't apologies; it's just denial:

“I just apologised, because I’m not a bully. I apologised like ‘Oh, I’m so sorry if you felt like I was a bully towards you in 2012. You’re the most nominated housemate of all time, but that wasn’t because of me’.

“So I apologised and I gave her a hug, and I was like ‘I’m so sorry that you think that’,” Layla recalled.
I feel like she just communicated things poorly when giving those quotes and paraphrased the fuck out of the conversation.

After all @Estelle.Landy has already said on here previously that in the house Layla and herself really did have a good, genuine conversation and finally put the matter to rest. If Estelle has said that the conversation that was had actually squashed that beef and she's finally been able to move on from it, I don't think its really our place to criticise Layla for being disingenuous.

Last edited:
I feel like maybe she just communicated things poorly when giving those quotes and paraphrased the fuck out of the conversation.

Afterall @Estelle.Landy has already said on here previously that in the house Layla and herself really did have a good, genuine conversation and finally put the matter to rest. If Estelle has said that the conversation that was had actually squashed that beef and she's finally been able to move on from it, I don't think its really our place to criticise Layla for being disingenuous.
Even paraphrasing, she chose to use those words, which I think says a lot. If Estelle is happy with their conversation, good for her. I wouldn't be, if it contained those phrases.

Have to wonder if she'd even be remembered if it wasn't for that song. And having that follow you around for the rest of your life as punishment for something that may or may not have happened a decade ago.

Yeah, that bloody oats song. That and Layla just lounging around with Sam and whoever (George?) else.

She was a bit different this time. Like everyone in the house I can pretty much see as still being their previous selves, but I think she was the most different. I think she even commented to someone (Lulu, I think?) how she wanted to stay because she was now diffferent and wasn't overweight and lounging around.

So given as bafflingly the betting sites can take bets on a pre-determined event and have almost always been correct the top three are almost certainly:
Reggie, Johnson and Taras
And the newbies don't have a chance.

Back