Skip to main content

BBAU 2022: Live Finale confirmed for July 12

Finale is July 12.
I just applied for tickets 🤞🏽
I was about to post to say I received an email with the Finale date.

I'd love to go but unfortunately I live like 2 hours from Sydney and I work and taking leave later in the month for a trip to Perth so yeah pity it wasn't the week later!

I don't get what happens in the final weeks. Now I know the show is prerecorded and the are evicted housemates right now that we don't know about. So the final 3 housemates will be alone in the house for like 2-3 weeks until we catch up with them live in the finale? :unsure:

Can someone clear the air on this? I've only watched this season of the 7 era properly. I gave up on 2020 and 21. So excuse my ignorance about this format.

I don't get what happens in the final weeks. Now I know the show is prerecorded and the are evicted housemates right now that we don't know about. So the final 3 housemates will be alone in the house for like 2-3 weeks until we catch up with them live in the finale? :unsure:

Can someone clear the air on this? I've only watched this season of the 7 era properly. I gave up on 2020 and 21. So excuse my ignorance about this format.
The show was filmed Oct - about Dec last year. So at the end they walk out at the final 3 point. Then they are all coming back for a live finale on 12 July to find out who the public choose (from the final 3) to be the winner.

There are still 9 housemates left and with 2 evictions per week (I assume there will be a double eviction right before the finale) for the next 3 weeks it will take us up to the final 3. Everyone has been out of the house since December and will all come back for the live finale on July 12th to find out the winner as voted by the public.

The show was filmed Oct - about Dec last year. So at the end they walk out at the final 3 point. Then they are all coming back for a live finale on 12 July to find out who the public choose (from the final 3) to be the winner.
Ooohhh so that's how they're doing it! Thanks. I finally knew! Haha

I actually thought the show was filmed around Feb - April. And I thought the final 3 will STILL stay in the house by themselves for a couple of weeks and would be allowed to have some outside world access (internet, friend/family visits, TV, local shops) until the finale when the winner is announced.

I know this is far-fetched, but the idea of housemates leaving the house and coming back again to win seemed just ridiculous. No wonder the channel 7 format is just not working for me...

How good was the 2012 finale though! It was a perfect way to end a Big Brother series. The production and the way all the housemates were involved was fantastic!

As for this years I just hope it’s better than the previous two finales. I’m sure it will be

It's funny how I would go to a live finale for Survivor and under the old format of Aus BB, but with this format I don't see the appeal so much. Perhaps because SM already 'spoils' all the housemate catch gossip/ drama these days or perhaps because the winners and finalists have been very underwhelming in the 7 era and the better housemates didn't make it to the end. Perhaps this season might be different though.

This convo took a sharp turn 😅

But anyways, at least with so many housemates to get evicted before the final we might be lucky enough to not get any more fake evictions this season unless they’re planning more than one double eviction.

Back