Skip to main content

BBAU 2022: Live Finale confirmed for July 12

I wonder what they'll blame the lackluster finale on this year given they won't have their standard "COVID restrictions" excuse.

God, I hope no Covid Restrictions doesn't mean embarrassing ex-housemate dance routine. I'd like to think the OGs would just say no to that.
After just watching the first episode of season 3 of the Umbrella Academy on Netflix… I’m HERE for a dance routine by the HMs.

I might even be THERE for it 🤞🏽

God, I hope no Covid Restrictions doesn't mean embarrassing ex-housemate dance routine. I'd like to think the OGs would just say no to that.

I don't know, it'd be funny for them to do a Peacemaker-style awkward dance sequence.

So unless they throw in an extra Sunday episode we're looking at 30 episodes for the season then, one less than last year. Should be 5 evictions to go with 9 remaining, so in theory no need for any fakes but may be a double.

Even with the weekly nomination only episode though it still feels like we've had way more fake evictions than 30 episodes would require for 21 housemates.

Does anyone know when voting opens? Is it a week before the finale or when?

I wonder if there’s a way the original format could ever be viable again or if it’s just too expensive? It’s too bad channel 10 never attempted an adults only time slot. Viewers just haven’t warmed to this hodgepodge of formats.

Such a shame if it has been shelved. They never even tried to change it up and save the ratings, let's just hope that The Bachelors fail and Ten take back the show or Seven give it a year rest and bring it back with adjustments that viewers have been very vocal about. Atleast the UK are likely bringing back a "back to basic" Big Brother next year.

Such a shame if it has been shelved. They never even tried to change it up and save the ratings, let's just hope that The Bachelors fail and Ten take back the show or Seven give it a year rest and bring it back with adjustments that viewers have been very vocal about. Atleast the UK are likely bringing back a "back to basic" Big Brother next year.

The Bachelor is going to flop badly this year for Ten, all I have seen is negative comments about the changes. I can also see Ninja Warrior flopping for Nine due to them deciding to air 2 hour episodes 4 x a week.

I don't see why not considering every other country that has a version of BB films it live.
Yeah and they have better technology with smart cameras now so don't need to have staff in the camera runs or people literally transcribing conversations from the feeds 24/7 like they did back then, so staffing costs would be lower. Obviously more than Seven is currently spending now, but not nearly as much as in Ten's days.

It's so soulless without live shows, and being able to watch and discuss live. Viewers have much better platforms like Twitter, and streaming tech and broadband come a long way too since then. It's like the show was ahead of its time and we got robbed of the opportunity to really get the most out of it.

I don't see why not considering every other country that has a version of BB films it live.

I guess if channel 7 are already producing it on a budget and will now rest it based on the current viewership it might be too risky a prospect to try the old format.

Yeah and they have better technology with smart cameras now so don't need to have staff in the camera runs or people literally transcribing conversations from the feeds 24/7 like they did back then, so staffing costs would be lower. Obviously more than Seven is currently spending now, but not nearly as much as in Ten's days.

It's so soulless without live shows, and being able to watch and discuss live. Viewers have much better platforms like Twitter, and streaming tech and broadband come a long way too since then. It's like the show was ahead of its time and we got robbed of the opportunity to really get the most out of it.

Exactly. Look at shows like Love Island for example and how much discussion it generates on social media due to involving the public throughout the entire run of the show ( public voting + the public able to comment on the drama in the show as it happens). There is so much more 7 could have done.

I guess if channel 7 are already producing it on a budget and will now rest it based on the current viewership it might be too risky a prospect to try the old format.

Like they say, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is the definition of stupidity. 7 has seen the ratings falling with each season and barely changed anything up.

Back