Skip to main content

BBAU 2022: Live Finale confirmed for July 12

If Idol is starting auditions, then presumably the Judges and Host have been selected.
I actually do hope it comes back this year. Curious to see how 7 fuck up executive a live show format.

If Idol is starting auditions, then presumably the Judges and Host have been selected.
I actually do hope it comes back this year. Curious to see how 7 fuck up executive a live show format.
Not necessarily as the first rounds of the audition phase aren’t televised. They don’t need judges for the initial cattle call auditions.

If the process is anything like it’s been for the last few years of AI the initial cattle call has been virtual and those selected by production are then flown to either a central location or a hub city for their audition in front of the producers TV judges.

Who would you like to see as judges?
I think Marcia Hines is so beloved that she could easily be asked back, but then again, they might want a complete overhaul. It would be nice to see her back though, she's the only judge who lasted the entire run of the original series.

Who would you like to see as judges?
I think Marcia Hines is so beloved that she could easily be asked back, but then again, they might want a complete overhaul. It would be nice to see her back though, she's the only judge who lasted the entire run of the original series.

Watch them get Sonia Kruger to host this too, especially if BB gets cancelled again after this season.

Guy and Jess are on the Voice, but do you think we could see Guy go full circle and end up on the Aus Idol panel?
I just want an all Aussie judging panel. I'm not really a fan of importing Judges from overseas when we have plenty of talented Aussie singers here.

If BBUK returns, it could be a good test on whether the original live with public voting is a format that still works.

I've no doubt it'll have two of those. Hopeful for the third - the biggest sign they want to do it right is ITV's chief exec now is the person who was in charge at C4 in it's glory days. It also gives the show the much needed point of difference to Love Island and I'm a Celeb.

I think perhaps the different in the UK is Endemols starting point will be the show live and with live feeds, whilst in Australia they seemed to start with the bare minimum of what they could get away with as calling "Big Brother".

It’s not a matter of ‘if’ at this point but when. As the show isn’t due to premiere until at least August of 2023 they’re in no rush to confirm anything. It’s a done deal though.

With 2 Love Island seasons confirmed for next year, BB is then likely to air after the 2nd season if ITV decide to air it on ITV2 instead of ITV.

With 2 Love Island seasons confirmed for next year, BB is then likely to air after the 2nd season if ITV decide to air it on ITV2 instead of ITV.
Where BB would be airing has never been in question. BB is set to air on ITV2 after the traditional summer series of Love Island is complete. The earliest premiere date would be some time in August of 2023.

I personally think BBUK is leagues better than BBAU (their later time slot helps) so I wouldn’t mind the UK returning in place of BBAU (obviously both would be ideal but AU one isn’t even the BB I know anyway)

Back