Skip to main content

BBAU 2022: Live Finale confirmed for July 12

What’s the worst part is that I think 7plus would be the best streaming platform for Big Brother Live-streams. What we’ve been seeing is that a lot of people are streaming this series compared to watching the live broadcast.

They could really bump up the live viewing figures if they brought back the live evictions and even noms. There’s no point in watching the broadcast if the shows aren’t being Event Tv. The digital numbers are pretty high for Australian BVOD ratings, it’s the broadcast they need to make a bigger draw card

What’s the worst part is that I think 7plus would be the best streaming platform for Big Brother Live-streams. What we’ve been seeing is that a lot of people are streaming this series compared to watching the live broadcast.
Keep an eye on Ten and their involvement with Paramount+ over the next couple years… mark my words…

I really hope they do get it right because Ten Play is the worst streaming platform out of all the broadcasters.
Whichever platform it is I just hope it's one I can use, because I can't access 7plus nor 10play even with my VPN.

Like they say, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is the definition of stupidity. 7 has seen the ratings falling with each season and barely changed anything up.

We actually agree. I’m not saying they *shouldn’t* go back to basics or pivot to make the show a success - I unfortunately think they’ll avoid doing anything that’s going to cost them more when they don’t know if it will work. Channel 7 have fucked up the brand for a whole generation so I really hope it can be salvaged.

I wonder if there’s a way the original format could ever be viable again or if it’s just too expensive? It’s too bad channel 10 never attempted an adults only time slot. Viewers just haven’t warmed to this hodgepodge of formats.
It would absolutely be viable if the will was there. It took Seven about 9-10 weeks to film it and they're airing it over 10 weeks, and not even across the full week, so it can generate at least two further episodes a week and then be used to drive ad revenue or subscriptions to 7+ too. I know here in the UK I've no intention at all of subscribing to the ITVX streaming service but stick the live feeds on their and I'd soon sign up. And people are lazy at cancelling too - so chances are they run their subscriptions all year rather than cancelling once BB ends.

The Bachelor is going to flop badly this year for Ten, all I have seen is negative comments about the changes. I can also see Ninja Warrior flopping for Nine due to them deciding to air 2 hour episodes 4 x a week.
Who does the network programming in Australia? The Australian method of scheduling tv remains confusing to me. So many decisions are obviously bad.

Just saw on Facebook they're about to start the auditions for the Australian Idol reboot. Seven have said they've been holding off the Idol reboot so it can be a big live "TV event" type of show. Now lets have that determination for live tv and bring it to BB next 7! 😅

Just saw on Facebook they're about to start the auditions for the Australian Idol reboot. Seven have said they've been holding off the Idol reboot so it can be a big live "TV event" type of show. Now lets have that determination for live tv and bring it to BB next 7! 😅
Mhmm.

Episode 29 is scheduled to air Sunday the 10th of July, so a total of 31 episodes just like last year. Is there a sporting event or something on the Wednesday that would result in this schedule change?

Episode 29 is scheduled to air Sunday the 10th of July, so a total of 31 episodes just like last year. Is there a sporting event or something on the Wednesday that would result in this schedule change?
so that means we don’t need a double eviction unless we have another fake.

There is still a room that they showed in the 2022 House-tour that we haven’t seen yet. Could be a fake-eviction room 🤷🏻‍♂️

B5C3F38F-78B4-4E19-ADF4-A2F03CA8F509.jpeg50AF910D-EFBE-4BE2-AEF6-2D4DD53F361A.jpeg

Last edited:
so that means we don’t need a double eviction unless we have another fake.
with 8th place leaving tomorrow in ep 25, that leaves one episode where someone doesn't go. Unless it's a nominations episode (I doubt it but we'll find out tonight if they announce it to be the last nominations for the season) there will be twist/fake eviction of some sort. I'd imagine during the last few episodes the last evictees will be evicted on a daily basis anyway.

There is still a room that they showed in the 2022 House-tour that we haven’t seen yet. Could be a fake-eviction room 🤷🏻‍♂️

View attachment 58788View attachment 58789
This looks like the panic room to me which by the looks of the wheel could be used for this week's theme.

Unless of course just like BBVIP there is a double in the last episode, which in that case there would be two potential episodes used for a fake eviction. I don't think it's likely however, but I don't think they'd let nominations happen at the final 7 where half the house would just be nominated because that's how maths works.

Been held off so long but looks likely it may find a place in the schedule now if they've axed BBVIP, though really needs to be kept at the other end of the year to The Voice. They've still got their reboot of House Rules to find a space for too.

Back