Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 28 Discussion (6 July, 7:30pm)

Which is the best format for BBAU?

• Pre-recorded (challenges, HOH noms & HM noms)

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Pre-recorded with HM noms only

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Original live BB as like the first few (no fake evictions, games etc)

Votes: 21 29.2%
  • Recent live BB with games for rewards but HM noms

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Live BB with challenges, HOH noms & HM noms

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • No BB - its run its course, bury it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Live 24/7 BB on its own channel (like Foxtel pay per view, or 7 Mate, maybe 7 Reality)

Votes: 22 30.6%
  • Something else

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters

Thanks for sharing @Marco23 . I see that this has already been mentioned/discussed in some posts above, but I thought I'd quote the words straight off that linked web page for the benefit of those who didn't click the link or listen to the podcast.

Tim says this about the social media stoush ...

Asked whether he understood Estelle’s perspective and hurt feelings, Tim defended his comments on social media, and said he was equally hurt by some of her actions.

"If we’ve lost a beautiful friendship because of that game then that game wasn’t worth it."

"I’d love to reconcile with her… You can have conflict with people in your life, you can have different opinions, but that doesn’t mean that if you don’t agree with someone that you should remove them from your life."

"I hope me and Estelle can agree to disagree, and sort of break bread together."

Last edited:
So Tim just did an exit interview with Rob McKnight and Rob asked him is there one thing that we're missing out on and Tim said the show needs to be live and MUST have live feeds. Basically called out Channel 7 and production for going the pre record shit way and that we don't get to know anyone in this new format maybe on a surface level. He mentioned Aleisha for example has copped a lot of criticism from the public and Tim said she is super sweet and easy to get along with but the show is just showing her and the newbies as just game players. Just strategy 24/7 when it's not the case and confirms the producers are not watching them 24/7 and do turn off the cameras/not record. Both Tim and Rob basically said the only reason some people are invested in this series is because of the OG housemates returning NOT the newbies which basically means if Reggie makes final 3 she automatically wins because of who she is same goes for any other housemates who was an OG (although Rob being close friends with Reggie has been lobbying to Channel 7 to get her on past few seasons and will probably make finale).

Best quote - "I think the only thing worse than Brenton's strategy (re the pretending about not knowing about BB) is his acting skills. we all knew!

The scene where Tim was appealing to Brenton's ego was just perfect. He's a master. He could sell ice to eskimos. A rolled gold manipulator influencer.

A few years ago I watched the UK & US versions, UK was better. Problem is that the contestants make such stupid blatant mistakes and get caught... I kept thinking, to disappear just go bush for 2 weeks and ditch your phone etc..
It wasn't until I'd watched a few UK seasons that I started to research it a bit and found on a reddit thread how the producers manipulate the contestants. They tell them to go visit their siblings etc when its quite well known that the trackers are spying on their siblings house.. And the producers force them to come out of hiding and make blatant stupid judgements - but apparently they are told either do as we say or I'll phone the trackers right now and tell them your position..

It is a fun show to watch but you end up screaming at the TV wondering why they make such stupid mistakes.. Then when you find out it is producer manipulated to the extreme, it sort of takes the edge off it.

Nice to know. The promos looked interesting. When I first saw the promo I said "Heck, surely you would just turn your phone off and leave it at home along with your bank and credit cards, and just go bush". So, yes, it would frustrate me watching the show if people were using their phones, visiting relatives houses, using ATMs, going to locations where there are CCTV or surveillance cameras, etc. I would quickly get annoyed with the stupidity of the people and would soon simply not watch it. It is a shame to learn that "contestants" are manipulated and told to do things. Although, you did say you found this out on a Reddit thread; so it may or may not be trustworthy. Still, if BB is anything to go by, then it would not surprise me at all.

Feels like he's speaking on behalf of most of us here.
Hopefully he will be heard

Sadly, I fear he will not. Just like all of us and plenty of other people on other platforms.

The TV execs simply don't appear to care or listen. 😞 That said, there must be a reason though ... surely they have done their homework, done the economics, worked out the costs versus potential recovered revenue, factored in free-to-air versus subscriber, social media, summed up the risks of live broadcasts (think Turkey Slap for example), etc etc, etc. There must be a reason (or reasons) why they don't make any effort to try to accommodate the people and what they are asking for by making some changes and rebooting this thing appropriately and properly instead of persisting with what we have now.

Last edited:
A few years ago I watched the UK & US versions, UK was better. Problem is that the contestants make such stupid blatant mistakes and get caught... I kept thinking, to disappear just go bush for 2 weeks and ditch your phone etc..
It wasn't until I'd watched a few UK seasons that I started to research it a bit and found on a reddit thread how the producers manipulate the contestants. They tell them to go visit their siblings etc when its quite well known that the trackers are spying on their siblings house.. And the producers force them to come out of hiding and make blatant stupid judgements - but apparently they are told either do as we say or I'll phone the trackers right now and tell them your position..

It is a fun show to watch but you end up screaming at the TV wondering why they make such stupid mistakes.. Then when you find out it is producer manipulated to the extreme, it sort of takes the edge off it.
Was BB UK good from the first season?
I’m thinking of watching but don’t want to watch the first seasons if it really sucked and got way better at, for example season 5 or something.

Finally caught up so I’ll just catch up here with a couple of quick comments!

On Estelle- I think the same traits that make her a challenge beast may also be the traits that hurt her social game, and the social game is not bad you can see that she has care for others and others have care for her…but when that self-preserving determination rears up at the slightest smell of something that could be won or lost, look out…..she’ll either smash out a challenge or tear someone down if she thinks they aren’t playing to the same standard as her. If you happen across this comment Estelle I’d be interested to know if you and your bloke play board games at home or if he has declared them a no go zone?

I enjoyed the desert vids, especially Johnson saying he was still hungry and getting another and another (not sure if BB was only going to show the one at that point)….and I was particularly happy that BB decided to show Reg volunteering to hide in the laundry which cleared Estelle.

On Tim- …where do you start, glad there’s only a few more Eps to go because there’s only one thing worse than the so called “Tim show” people have been complaining about and that’s BB without Tim!...hahaha he is just a really good game player, getting Tara’s to ego up in the challenge was very good and soooo close to pay off……..interestingly for all the talk of him going rogue I think he put on the split from OG a bit as he seemed to, more often than not, back them in when in the confines of the diary room for noms etc (might just be me!)

And of course I enjoyed the former HM vids….as I’ve said before, I enjoy the show more when they are enjoying the show!

Definitely! I think she’s played a smart game and prepped the newbies to keep their head on from the small edits we see of her.

The one thing that I was glad to see go was that J crew.
Yeah I cannot remember saying that at all. I def dont think I played a better game than Aleisha. Why I said it? I have no fucking idea. Maybe at the time I thought so, but the house is so crazy, you can literally go from high to low in the space of a few minutes, and that happens MULTIPLE times a day. I regret saying that Aleisha!

Its funny because we do hours and hours of interviews and I youre asked a lot of questions until they probably get what they want. Sometimes theyll ask you for more energy or to own things, and Ive learnt a lot from watching it back to be careful what you say.. I would honestly say 95% of my interviews are me being neurotic and downplaying myself, because I honestly thought I was a waste of space in there. Had a huge guilt complex for getting so far. I think also part of it is you have to own your moves, and sort of back yourself, but I dont know if its the edit or Im just not as "charming" when I own my stuff as other people are. It certainly doesnt feel like the response of Australia is very "pro-Taras" at the moment hahaha.

Tbh at this point I honestly didnt think I would beat anyone at the end, not Johnson, not Aleisha, definitely not Reggie. MAYBE Brenton cuz he was an intruder, but even then I wasnt sure, because lots of girls vote and hes so hot, hes played a great game in a lot of ways, has a lot of support on the outside. I also knew that most people watching big brother wouldnt be impressed by me winning all these challenges: Australia is a very "GO THE UNDERDOG" country, so I was under no impressions people would be happy for me to win stuff haha. But again, its a damned if you do, damned if you dont situation. Im seeing a lot of people online love Brenton at the moment because he's the only one that hasnt really made any moves to ruffle feathers, while Aleisha, Johnson and myself have.

Fuck I love this game though, and I fucken LOVE being part of the psychology of an ENTIRE country

Im seeing a lot of people online love Brenton at the moment because he's the only one that hasnt really made any moves to ruffle feathers, while Aleisha, Johnson and myself have.

Fuck I love this game though, and I fucken LOVE being part of the psychology of an ENTIRE country
Actually, Brenton did get a lot outraged at one point. Remember how he put up Dave, Reg and Estelle? Then Dave left.

It seems a lot of people have moved on from that outrage since then though as he hasn't done much to rock the boat again.

Also Taras if I can ask a question. We've seen you win so many challenges now, yet you didn't seem much of a threat at the start when Joel was still around. Were you holding back then and giving up when you could have continued or why did it seem you weren't really strong at the start?

Also Taras if I can ask a question. We've seen you win so many challenges now, yet you didn't seem much of a threat at the start when Joel was still around. Were you holding back then and giving up when you could have continued or why did it seem you weren't really strong at the start?

Tim in an interview said, he picked Taras in week 2 of holding back in challenges etc.

He tried to get the OG's to put Taras up & vote him out, but he said they disagreed with him & Dave & Estelle wouldn't vote for him.

Tim said his biggest mistake was when he & Gabbie won & Gabbie wanted Jaycee out so he agreed to put Jaycee instead of Taras.

Back