Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 28 Discussion (6 July, 7:30pm)

Which is the best format for BBAU?

• Pre-recorded (challenges, HOH noms & HM noms)

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Pre-recorded with HM noms only

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Original live BB as like the first few (no fake evictions, games etc)

Votes: 21 29.2%
  • Recent live BB with games for rewards but HM noms

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Live BB with challenges, HOH noms & HM noms

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • No BB - its run its course, bury it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Live 24/7 BB on its own channel (like Foxtel pay per view, or 7 Mate, maybe 7 Reality)

Votes: 22 30.6%
  • Something else

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters
Yeah I cannot remember saying that at all. I def dont think I played a better game than Aleisha. Why I said it? I have no fucking idea. Maybe at the time I thought so, but the house is so crazy, you can literally go from high to low in the space of a few minutes, and that happens MULTIPLE times a day. I regret saying that Aleisha!

Its funny because we do hours and hours of interviews and I youre asked a lot of questions until they probably get what they want. Sometimes theyll ask you for more energy or to own things, and Ive learnt a lot from watching it back to be careful what you say.. I would honestly say 95% of my interviews are me being neurotic and downplaying myself, because I honestly thought I was a waste of space in there. Had a huge guilt complex for getting so far. I think also part of it is you have to own your moves, and sort of back yourself, but I dont know if its the edit or Im just not as "charming" when I own my stuff as other people are. It certainly doesnt feel like the response of Australia is very "pro-Taras" at the moment hahaha.

Tbh at this point I honestly didnt think I would beat anyone at the end, not Johnson, not Aleisha, definitely not Reggie. MAYBE Brenton cuz he was an intruder, but even then I wasnt sure, because lots of girls vote and hes so hot, hes played a great game in a lot of ways, has a lot of support on the outside. I also knew that most people watching big brother wouldnt be impressed by me winning all these challenges: Australia is a very "GO THE UNDERDOG" country, so I was under no impressions people would be happy for me to win stuff haha. But again, its a damned if you do, damned if you dont situation. Im seeing a lot of people online love Brenton at the moment because he's the only one that hasnt really made any moves to ruffle feathers, while Aleisha, Johnson and myself have.

Fuck I love this game though, and I fucken LOVE being part of the psychology of an ENTIRE country
Oh hey, when I first read your reply, I was like I never said you stated that you played better than aleisha. So I went back and realised I had replied to another person saying you said that. I actually have no idea if you did say it now. When I replied to that poster and agreed with them, I wasn’t actually agreeing with them saying he can’t believe you think you played better than aleisha, but more to do with aleisha playing a certain way and felt she didn’t get credit for it. We have only seen small snippets of her and it seems she’s seen as someone who is being led by Tim at times or waiting on you and others to make moves, but I didn’t see it like that and felt she was underrated in the game. I was agreeing that aleisha played a good game so I’m sorry if it sounded like I was saying you weren’t or she did okay better. I feel you, Johnson, aleisha have been on par with the strategies. Brenton as well but not to the same extent. Just wanted to clarify my comment.

Was BB UK good from the first season?
I’m thinking of watching but don’t want to watch the first seasons if it really sucked and got way better at, for example season 5 or something.

I’ve been watching backwards from the latest and going backwards, just because I can’t stand low quality stuff and I feel like the worlds changed too much for me to really feel invested in people who might not be received the same way today

Yeah I luckily had a secret alliance with Dave, which is lucky cuz he would have probably put me up in the Trev/Aleisha/Gabbie if we didnt have that. And early on Estelle did A LOT to keep my name off the chopping block.

Did you know that Tim had worked out about Dave & Estelle not voting for you

So Tim just did an exit interview with Rob McKnight and Rob asked him is there one thing that we're missing out on and Tim said the show needs to be live and MUST have live feeds. Basically called out Channel 7 and production for going the pre record shit way and that we don't get to know anyone in this new format maybe on a surface level. He mentioned Aleisha for example has copped a lot of criticism from the public and Tim said she is super sweet and easy to get along with but the show is just showing her and the newbies as just game players. Just strategy 24/7 when it's not the case and confirms the producers are not watching them 24/7 and do turn off the cameras/not record. Both Tim and Rob basically said the only reason some people are invested in this series is because of the OG housemates returning NOT the newbies which basically means if Reggie makes final 3 she automatically wins because of who she is same goes for any other housemates who was an OG (although Rob being close friends with Reggie has been lobbying to Channel 7 to get her on past few seasons and will probably make finale).

Yes! I don't know if I like the new players because I don't know who they are.

Yeah I cannot remember saying that at all. I def dont think I played a better game than Aleisha. Why I said it? I have no fucking idea. Maybe at the time I thought so, but the house is so crazy, you can literally go from high to low in the space of a few minutes, and that happens MULTIPLE times a day. I regret saying that Aleisha!

Its funny because we do hours and hours of interviews and I youre asked a lot of questions until they probably get what they want. Sometimes theyll ask you for more energy or to own things, and Ive learnt a lot from watching it back to be careful what you say.. I would honestly say 95% of my interviews are me being neurotic and downplaying myself, because I honestly thought I was a waste of space in there. Had a huge guilt complex for getting so far. I think also part of it is you have to own your moves, and sort of back yourself, but I dont know if its the edit or Im just not as "charming" when I own my stuff as other people are. It certainly doesnt feel like the response of Australia is very "pro-Taras" at the moment hahaha.

Tbh at this point I honestly didnt think I would beat anyone at the end, not Johnson, not Aleisha, definitely not Reggie. MAYBE Brenton cuz he was an intruder, but even then I wasnt sure, because lots of girls vote and hes so hot, hes played a great game in a lot of ways, has a lot of support on the outside. I also knew that most people watching big brother wouldnt be impressed by me winning all these challenges: Australia is a very "GO THE UNDERDOG" country, so I was under no impressions people would be happy for me to win stuff haha. But again, its a damned if you do, damned if you dont situation. Im seeing a lot of people online love Brenton at the moment because he's the only one that hasnt really made any moves to ruffle feathers, while Aleisha, Johnson and myself have.

Fuck I love this game though, and I fucken LOVE being part of the psychology of an ENTIRE country
Taras, I actually really enjoy watching you. I HATE that you got rid of Tim, I really wanted to see him win again (I’m in the minority), but I appreciate your open deviousness and not being afraid to just do whatever you want! 😂😂😂

Taras, I actually really enjoy watching you. I HATE that you got rid of Tim, I really wanted to see him win again (I’m in the minority), but I appreciate your open deviousness and not being afraid to just do whatever you want! 😂😂😂
Yes, no, no, yes...
I enjoy watching Taras, I LOVE that he got rid of Tim, if Tim was in the final 3 then it would be 2013 all over again - I couldn't watch the finale as I despise him so much, I love how Taras just votes for who ever is in his interests, voting alliances are somewhat necessary but can be boring from a viewing viewpoint ... so having someone who you have no idea what they are thinking is cool..

Yes, no, no, yes...
I enjoy watching Taras, I LOVE that he got rid of Tim, if Tim was in the final 3 then it would be 2013 all over again - I couldn't watch the finale as I despise him so much, I love how Taras just votes for who ever is in his interests, voting alliances are somewhat necessary but can be boring from a viewing viewpoint ... so having someone who you have no idea what they are thinking is cool..

Taras has outplayed everyone else in the game. I’d say that whether he was here or not. It really sucks that he likely won’t be rewarded for it.

Yes, no, no, yes...

If Tim got to the final. He wouldn't win, as it's Reggie winning

Yes! I agree @Mr Stickyfingers , i'd love to keep posting with all of you, it's been so much fun!
Without getting into it too much, i had a cardiac arrest a couple of years ago which caused a bit of brain damage. I was in a bit of a depression slump when i signed up here -my 1st time interacting on the net. Interacting with you all has lifted my spirits & confidence & helped me immensly in regaining my writing skills which i thought were lost forever. So thankyou everyone for the interactions! I enjoy the different points of view also, and a bit of the argy bargy! You have all been so welcoming and kind & i feel i just fit right in here. It'd be fab if we could all continue to do this when bb ends!
🤗❤️✌️ 😘 To you all! X
…wow!… I’m so glad you’re coming back from your cardiac arrest so well my friend… I know just hard that would be because I had a major stroke about 3 years or so ago… I was 50/50 on whether I lived or died… it was that close… because I’m such a stubborn git I chose to live just to keep hanging around to annoy the shit out of as many people that I could for a lot longer lol!… I’ve been a member of these forums since 2012… I was unable to talk for 3 months so my daughter bought me an IPad to communicate with the Doctors/nurses and family members while I was in the Hospital for months… I was paralysed all down my right hand side and being right-handed… I had to learn to type with my left hand which was so bloody hard to do… but being a mamber of these forums… I kept on posting from my Hospital bed for all those months… and I can honestly say… hand on heart… that these wonderful people that are on these forums contributed so much love and encouragement to me at the time that it got me through that bleak period of my life…

…sure… you can talk to your immediate family and friends through that bleak time but it’s not the same as opening up to complete strangers who take you as you are on these forums… the amount of personal PMs that people kept sending me at the time was overwhelming… I was quite humbled by the love and nice words that came my way… it kept boosting me up more than they all probably realised at that time… but yes Matty my friend… I totally agree that coming on here does you so much good interacting with fellow nutbags… it does boost your confidence so much when you make people laugh with quite often manic ramblings and personal sense of humour and opinions…

…I owe so many thanks to the wonderful collection of people on here that are what they are… I will forever be in their debt… you certainly chose wisely to sign up to these forums… (some of them are even polite enough to laugh at my inane jokes)… but yeah… we’re like a big family on here… just like brothers and sisters arguing… so do some of us… but we all usually come good in the end lol!… I’ve gotta say… I’m really enjoying the amount of newbie posters on here too lately… so many new faces… so many different opinions… I really want to encourage long time lurkers to participate… it just adds to the fun…

…anyway… enough of me rambling on… (sorry for the short novel lol!)… so… if I start a thread for ‘Million Dollar Island’ I can count you in then Matty?… at least there will be 2 of us posting then!… lol!…consider it done my friend… (it might not have the same passionate vibe as Big Brother but at least it’s something lol!)… cheers.

Yes! I agree @Mr Stickyfingers , i'd love to keep posting with all of you, it's been so much fun!
Without getting into it too much, i had a cardiac arrest a couple of years ago which caused a bit of brain damage. I was in a bit of a depression slump when i signed up here -my 1st time interacting on the net. Interacting with you all has lifted my spirits & confidence & helped me immensly in regaining my writing skills which i thought were lost forever. So thankyou everyone for the interactions! I enjoy the different points of view also, and a bit of the argy bargy! You have all been so welcoming and kind & i feel i just fit right in here. It'd be fab if we could all continue to do this when bb ends!
🤗❤️✌️ 😘 To you all! X
Hi @MattyZee
It's a testament to you and your fellow Matty @MattyOj (I get you mixed up but it doesn't matter as you're both good) that you don't even seem like 'new' members, the way you seamlessly blend into conversations.
Well done on your personal recovery too.

…wow!… I’m so glad you’re coming back from your cardiac arrest so well my friend… I know just hard that would be because I had a major stroke about 3 years or so ago… I was 50/50 on whether I lived or died… it was that close… because I’m such a stubborn git I chose to live just to keep hanging around to annoy the shit out of as many people that I could for a lot longer lol!… I’ve been a member of these forums since 2012… I was unable to talk for 3 months so my daughter bought me an IPad to communicate with the Doctors/nurses and family members while I was in the Hospital for months… I was paralysed all down my right hand side and being right-handed… I had to learn to type with my left hand which was so bloody hard to do… but being a mamber of these forums… I kept on posting from my Hospital bed for all those months… and I can honestly say… hand on heart… that these wonderful people that are on these forums contributed so much love and encouragement to me at the time that it got me through that bleak period of my life…

…sure… you can talk to your immediate family and friends through that bleak time but it’s not the same as opening up to complete strangers who take you as you are on these forums… the amount of personal PMs that people kept sending me at the time was overwhelming… I was quite humbled by the love and nice words that came my way… it kept boosting me up more than they all probably realised at that time… but yes Matty my friend… I totally agree that coming on here does you so much good interacting with fellow nutbags… it does boost your confidence so much when you make people laugh with quite often manic ramblings and personal sense of humour and opinions…

…I owe so many thanks to the wonderful collection of people on here that are what they are… I will forever be in their debt… you certainly chose wisely to sign up to these forums… (some of them are even polite enough to laugh at my inane jokes)… but yeah… we’re like a big family on here… just like brothers and sisters arguing… so do some of us… but we all usually come good in the end lol!… I’ve gotta say… I’m really enjoying the amount of newbie posters on here too lately… so many new faces… so many different opinions… I really want to encourage long time lurkers to participate… it just adds to the fun…

…anyway… enough of me rambling on… (sorry for the short novel lol!)… so… if I start a thread for ‘Million Dollar Island’ I can count you in then Matty?… at least there will be 2 of us posting then!… lol!…consider it done my friend… (it might not have the same passionate vibe as Big Brother but at least it’s something lol!)… cheers.
Oh how I remember that time. We were all so worried about you and sad too. At the time I was posting a lot more. I always love reading your posts or the photos thread, you are such an essential part of this forum. Your posts are always well thought out and funny to read. 😍
😀

Back