Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 24 Discussion (28 June, 7:30pm)

If you had to nominate someone for eviction, what would be your reason? (Give name in the comments)

• Personality / Interactions

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • Strategy

Votes: 19 47.5%
  • Flying Under the Radar

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It's honestly crazy that Gabby is willing to (most likely) lose the game for Tim and he still didn't save her lol. Honestly seems like almost everyone is playing to get to the end and not thinking about the public vote that much except maybe Aleisha and Taras (and Reggie but she doesn't really count since she beats everyone).

A fun and surprising fact I've just picked up, so far Drew has now tied Estelle's record for most evictions faced across a housemate's entire Big Brother career. And if you choose not to include finales then he actually beats Estelle's record. Surprisingly across three seasons Tim is not the record holder.

The list includes finales as well as any intruder/fake evictions where a housemate was eligible to be "voted out".

=1st Drew 12 (6 and 6)
=1st Estelle 12 (7 and 3)
=3rd Camilla 11
=3rd Tim 11 (8, 3 and 0)
=3rd SJ 11
=6th Sara-Marie 10 (7 and 3)
=6th Farmer Dave 10 (8 and 2)
=6th Priya 10 (7 and 3)
=6th Tahan 10

If Estelle remains on the eviction chair tonight, or if and when she is eventually evicted, then she will officially hold the record herself.

Not really sure how I feel about including SJ on the list given the increased number of nomination/eviction rounds in the 2021 season and that she was fake evicted twice. But she technically has to join the list I guess.

Other returnees include;

Reggie 8 (7 and 1)
Tully 5 (4 and 1)
Layla 5 (6 and 1)
Trevor 5 (4 and 1)
Danny 4 (3 and 1)

Let's see if the list remains the same at the end of the series.
Reggie went up 7 times her first season? Obviously there might have been 3 of those where everyone was up but damn I don't remember her being legit nommed four times.

Camilla being nommed 11 times (and nine where not everyone was up) only to lose at the end was so painful.

It's honestly crazy that Gabby is willing to (most likely) lose the game for Tim and he still didn't save her lol. Honestly seems like almost everyone is playing to get to the end and not thinking about the public vote that much except maybe Aleisha and Taras (and Reggie but she doesn't really count since she beats everyone).

It appears that Tim wants to sit beside Aleisha and Johnson who I think he’d beat. I just don’t see them letting him get there.

Reggie went up 7 times her first season? Obviously there might have been 3 of those where everyone was up but damn I don't remember her being legit nommed four times.

Camilla being nommed 11 times (and nine where not everyone was up) only to lose at the end was so painful.

One of Reggie’s might have been due to her volunteering to go to the other house when they were still split?

I remember Camilla had a LOT of support until the final which was a hatchet job against her. Jamie had the Katie storyline and a lot of positive family support. It just didn’t FEEL like production wanted her to win. The tone changed.

It appears that Tim wants to sit beside Aleisha and Johnson who I think he’d beat. I just don’t see them letting him get there.
Strategically it makes sense to try and be the only OG left standing. But you need to get there without the audience blaming you for getting Reggie out.

All her HOT boyfriends.
Seriously, I only ever watch the last 5 minutes, but Summer Bay must be the epicentre of buffed beach bodies.
Where are the ugly normal people under 30?
lol I caught bits of the the episode the other day, and Cash the Cop was wearing one of those barely there excuses for a 'singlet' with what you could describe as sortof nearing spaghetti straps territory if it were on a girl;
and really low cut at the sides, i'm talking like shoulder blades on full display pretty much, might as well not wear a shirt.

And then we have Marilyn tracking down the hard to reach new poolboy.. erm handyman or whatever she has working for her Tex (some of the creative names on this show I tell ya), and here he is gratuotiously having a beach shower and she offers to shout him breakfast at the diner...

and thats what you missed on.. GLEE! erm I mean HOME AND AWAY! Lol

Does that make it okay? Let’s all laugh at the guy with the ‘different’ name… and if he laughs along that makes it acceptable?

I think we can be better, personally.
When it comes to comedy, either everything is acceptable, or nothing is. Taras obviously understands this, and also the fact that it was said in jest without any malice. Offence is only ever taken, not given.

Strategically it makes sense to try and be the only OG left standing. But you need to get there without the audience blaming you for getting Reggie out.
THIS! reggie is the ultimate sqeeze vote imo you are screwed if you try vote her out during it because the public wont forget that and wont vote for you, or have her in the final three and the public will likely still vote for her!!

the whole thing is reggies games to lose

When it comes to comedy, either everything is acceptable, or nothing is. Taras obviously understands this, and also the fact that it was said in jest without any malice. Offence is only ever taken, not given.
Wouldn't that go against Newton's third law? :unsure:

How does that phrase work if there is maliciousness involved? Are you you excusing people for saying anything they want to say, no matter how untrue or malicious, without consequence?

Wouldn't that go against Newton's third law? :unsure:

How does that phrase work if there is maliciousness involved? Are you you excusing people for saying anything they want to say, no matter how untrue or malicious, without consequence?
It's the kind of crap former senator David Leyonhjelm used to say. Like you can be as offensive as you want but it's the other person's fault if they're offended.

You can see some other shit he said here.

The Chaser got back at him here:

Back