Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 2 Discussion (10 May, 7:30pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, why was this recorded in advance? Was it COVID rules?

Two main reasons Seven has taken this route: Money (much cheaper to produce this way); and also they can completely control the narrative for the final show. i.e. storyboarding the edit and arcs, the same way that Survivor gets edited. They know who the finalists are before they start, so can create a story to get there.

Tully.

Edit: I remembered how to edit. Is there a thread to ask questions? There used to be one. For example, I don’t know what MAFS is and I don’t know what you mean by the “ new format?” You mean no more public votes?

All the channel 7 seasons have been pre-recorded (apart from the live finales).

As for the "new format" discussion,
apparently there are going to be some times where all housemates nominate, and some extra powers like "vetoes" and "heads of house".

Tully.

Edit: I remembered how to edit. Is there a thread to ask questions? There used to be one. For example, I don’t know what MAFS is and I don’t know what you mean by the “ new format?” You mean no more public votes?

Channel 7 being cheap arses. BBCAN & BBUS have proved with COVID they can film live although without studio audiences and have live feeds especially with this stupid hybrid format. It allows production to have a say in who gets a good edit and who doesn't. Since they know the final 3, they will edit their stories but as it's made by the same team who do Australian Survivor there's a lot more production interference, ton of purple editing and missing context to story lines and what actually goes on in the house is completely different to how it's shown on TV. Although you get people like Rob McKnight who love everything about this format and never criticises production or 7 as he gets advanced copies to watch the show as he runs a TV/media website and podcast plus works as a producer for 4BC in Brisbane

Josh says he arranged for Sam to be in the house. Says he just used the show to hang out with Sam. That just sounds creepy.

He does say he hung out with her a couple of months prior to filming.

Says he was approached for Survivor first. His sister was on First Dates Australia. Says his sister is crazier than him. Considered doing BvW with sister. Sister didn’t want to do it.

He says he bounced the idea off Sam first. So they both knew they each were going to be on the show.

Says he has a bomb (story) to drop on finale night. Story that is not his to tell.

Bit of a spoiler ..
talks about calling Sam the day she got out of the house. Then needed to talk to someone about it and he saw Joel at a party. So I guess neither Sam nor Joel make it to the end.

Says he has a partner now, not in love with Sam anymore. Doesn’t talk to Sam, she has reached out but he doesn’t see a point to talk to her.

Says Sam is not with Drew still.

His favourite person in the house: Reggie hands down
Least fave: couldn’t get along with Lara.

That is super creepy. She should contact the Fixated Persons Unit if he ever tries to contact her again (despite what he says).
I know you’re partly being facetious.

Josh is not the one sided creep he was made out to be. I’m upset for him that there’s a whole other soft side that was completely left out.
His relationship with Reggie, Mel & myself grew organically and quickly. There was a monumental moment when he said he was playing a game for Reggie and he was only staying to protect her and in that he was “coming for Joel”.

Sam did not vote for him remember.. how creepy could he have been?
He was definitely more than a tinder date. It was a 6 year on and off again friendship.

I’ve seen proof of some things I won’t mention.

Ordinarily I wouldn’t say anything but when someone gets an edit this heavy, it’s just not cool.

Josh is the one refusing friendship with Sam. She is respecting that. But that’s not what happens if someone is a manipulative predator.

Josh is not the one sided creep he was made out to be. I’m upset for him that there’s a whole other soft side that was completely left out.
His relationship with Reggie, Mel & myself grew organically and quickly. There was a monumental moment when he said he was playing a game for Reggie and he was only staying to protect her and in that he was “coming for Joel”.

Ok well I (and pretty much all viewers) got sucked in by a deliberately terrible edit and I should know better. And this is why we all prefer BBAU airing live (with live feeds) instead of six months after wrap.

Now I'm even more interested to hear your insights as the season proceeds. Hopefully you're not the next voted out lol. OK so you're there for at least another week.

I know you’re partly being facetious.

He was definitely more than a tinder date. It was a 6 year on and off again friendship.

I’ve seen proof of some things I won’t mention.

Ordinarily I wouldn’t say anything but when someone gets an edit this heavy, it’s just not cool.

Josh is the one refusing friendship with Sam. She is respecting that. But that’s not what happens if someone is a manipulative predator.
Wow, we are lucky to have you on this forum to shine a light on these situations.

I couldn't imagine how morally corrupt the contract HM's must sign to be on BB. For the producers to market a person to potentially millions of people in this way (especially in todays climate with domestic violence and mistreatment of women) is abhorrent. Josh obviously has no recourse to challenge how they edited his time in the BB house as per the contract he signed. That's really bad.
That sort of negative portrayal could have devastating impacts on his life. So wrong.

It's like with Bryce on MAFS.
The special on channel 7 the other day revealed that they edited footage of his partner crying, taken from a completely different conversation, and dropped it in after something he said, so that viewers would hate him.

Just come across this article with even more detail on why Josh decided he wanted to leave. Once he realised nothing was going to happen between Sam and himself, he decided he wanted out because he had a friend that was dying from cancer and only had a few months left - so he decided he'd rather be with that friend rather than being in the house since what he wanted wasn't going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back