Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 2 Discussion (10 May, 7:30pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.
MAFS is Married At First Sight (Australia) which is quality trash/worth having a look at it if you can.

Since Channel 7 took BB over it has been all prerecorded, so no live votes until the final. I think they filmed and edited the first 7 version before Covid. But my memory is fuzzy on all this. Check out the wiki page on Aus BB. It says:

"In 2020, Seven Network revamped the format of the series to resemble the format of the American & Canadian editions - with housemates deciding both Nominations and Evictions among themselves. The new format added emphasis to the competitive aspect of surviving the eviction process. As such, the housemates will now be allowed to strategise, politic and collude about the nominations and evictions. However, there will still be key differences compared to the American/Canadian format, most prominently with the Australian public still deciding the eventual winner - rather than being decided by a "Jury" of evicted housemates (as is the case on the American and Canadian show)."
giphy.gif

MAFS is Married At First Sight (Australia) which is quality trash/worth having a look at it if you can.

Since Channel 7 took BB over it has been all prerecorded, so no live votes until the final. I think they filmed and edited the first 7 version before Covid. But my memory is fuzzy on all this. Check out the wiki page on Aus BB. It says:

"In 2020, Seven Network revamped the format of the series to resemble the format of the American & Canadian editions - with housemates deciding both Nominations and Evictions among themselves. The new format added emphasis to the competitive aspect of surviving the eviction process. As such, the housemates will now be allowed to strategise, politic and collude about the nominations and evictions. However, there will still be key differences compared to the American/Canadian format, most prominently with the Australian public still deciding the eventual winner - rather than being decided by a "Jury" of evicted housemates (as is the case on the American and Canadian show)."
Thank you! I preferred BB Australia because it wasn’t all nominations and alliances. I guess we will see how it goes.

Overall I enjoyed the second episode. It was a bit too predictable that Josh was leaving. I was actually starting to warm up to him in a weird way..just like I warmed up to Justynn (why oh why is it spelt like that. Sigh) in 2013.

I’m glad Estelle didn’t leave! I would’ve been so pissed if she left THAT early. Hope she lasts for ages (fingers crossed final 3)

Only downside was having Trevor, Layla and Drew in this episode. It was pointless…I know it’s just setting up the arrival of them in the house tomorrow but surely they would’ve talked to each-other in the sewer room. Show some of that conversation!!

I've just watched the second episode (due to the time shift between Australia and France) and wow, what an episode! Glad to see Josh leaves the house after the eviction ceremony, to me, he was useless in the house and he missed his chance to show who really he is...
However, Joel is such a threat in the challenges, it's the 2nd time he has won, maybe he'll win all the challenges? 🤣 He is a massive player, and I think he'll be going far in the game.
The OG's are amazing, and I can't wait to see the 2 OG's groups united again, and Tully's arrival omg!
Some of the Newbies are interesting, I'm curious to see how they will act and play to face the OG's.

Definitely feels like there was some context around Josh that we didn't get to see. I think production had probably planned on saving him but the way he was making Sam and some of the other women feel I think they ditched those plans. Interesting that he still got an intro package/promotion, the previous two first evictees from the 7 series were completely absent from any pre show material

I've just watched the second episode (due to the time shift between Australia and France) and wow, what an episode! Glad to see Josh leaves the house after the eviction ceremony, to me, he was useless in the house and he missed his chance to show who really he is...
However, Joel is such a threat in the challenges, it's the 2nd time he has won, maybe he'll win all the challenges? 🤣 He is a massive player, and I think he'll be going far in the game.
The OG's are amazing, and I can't wait to see the 2 OG's groups united again, and Tully's arrival omg!
Some of the Newbies are interesting, I'm curious to see how they will act and play to face the OG's.
…welcome to the madness and the insanity of the Behind Big Brother forums FX Sims… cheers.

How the fuck did the producers find this storyline and cast this guy? Great casting. Gone too soon. Traditional BB format would have seen Sam go.

I cried. I've cried both evictions so far. I fucking hate this shit format and yet I'm sucked in. Damn you!

@Estelle.Landy - rooting for you, boo! I was the owner of the TeamEstelle Twitter page back in the day.
Oh wow! Do you still have access. What a ride hey!
Just worked out quote button again lol. It’s been a while.
Josh was definitely gone too soon.

Upset we didn’t see any of his growing and lovely relationship with Reggie and myself.
I feel like the edit it didn’t make sense why Reggie was crying when Josh left right?

For me, he was the most genuinely interesting of the newbie entrants, so I hate that he got that edit and was booted first. It feels like a whole manipulated Home and Away plot to amp up Sam and Drew later, and cause grief for Tully of a literal nature (boohoohoo) which I'm here for!

Upset we didn’t see any of his growing and lovely relationship with Reggie and myself.
I feel like the edit it didn’t make sense why Reggie was crying when Josh left right?

See. you sayng that makes what i noticed before the challenge make sense.
Josh was stending behind Reggie massaging her shoulders. If he were the creepy guy production was helping him to look like, there is no way any woman would let him do that. Especially Reggie, she says what she thinks.

God bless her though for saying old big brother was better :)

See. you sayng that makes what i noticed before the challenge make sense.
Josh was stending behind Reggie massaging her shoulders. If he were the creepy guy production was helping him to look like, there is no way any woman would let him do that. Especially Reggie, she says what she thinks.

God bless her though for saying old big brother was better :)

Yeah and in the challenge I thought it was weird who seemed to be rooting for Josh.

I found it interesting that Sam did not even vote for Josh to leave she was one of the two Estelle votes. Josh was presumably the other.

Got to wonder if BBVIP killed BB for good in Australia?
No. Seven's version was dead the moment they announced it would be pre-recorded. That said given how drasticly different this series has been I guarantee there will be someone down the line who will see value in restoring the original format. There's also potential the show could simply be reformatted and rebranded. IMO rebranding may be the smarter option as they can't ride off the back of nostalgia like Seven are currently doing and they aren't bound by the shows history either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back