Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 2 Discussion (10 May, 7:30pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a deeply unfun episode. I really liked Josh, poor fellow, though it was uncomfortable watching him unravel to that degree.

Did Josh have anything worthwhile to say at the end there? My food delivery was too fast and I had to go out front to collect it and missed the end.

Did Josh have anything worthwhile to say at the end there? My food delivery was too fast and I had to go out front to collect it and missed the end.
He garbled some quote which I missed, to Sam, all connected with his undying love for her or something. It was all very odd.

Oh, and he said something cocky in the car which I've forgotten. Helpful!

Are there going to be any more OG's as intruders? Bring back Gaelan!
Yeah, bring back Gaelan! I wonder if David knows what Gaelan is up to these days?

Anyway have started to watch this new series only because of the ogs. I don't care much for the format otherwise since it's pre recorded months ago, and not really into the Survivor in a house format.

Oh how cool, Estelle is back on the forums too! I feel like I want to ask a question but then I feel like that's spoiler territory and not sure how much you're allowed to say.

Umm... Can you say if this robot big brother voice we hear all the time is the only Big Brother you ever heard? Or have they dubbed this voice over the top for a lot of the tv episodes? Because in your original series and others we heard many voices but there was always a main big brother there for nominations/evictions.

Last edited:
I dunno if it was the tinder date thing I just got Gable Tostee vibes from Josh - I don't blame Sam for not wanting to date him.

I would not be surprised if she reveals he was the bad sex that made her go into being an intimacy coach though

I dunno if it was the tinder date thing I just got Gable Tostee vibes from Josh - I don't blame Sam for not wanting to date him.

I would not be surprised if she reveals he was the bad sex that made her go into being an intimacy coach though
Omg I learnt about him in my Media Law & Ethics class. He just occasionally gets charged for driving under the influence. Most recent being of him caught naked in his car.

Yeah I agree, there’s casting “crazy” people and then there’s people who just maybe shouldn’t go on a show and should instead get help ://

Tim is very perceptive and is good at disrupting players who may be seen as an alpha or dominant in the group.
I think Tim has a rare combination of being perceptive, being entertaining and likable, and being his honest self. He also is great at creating stories and ways to end up on camera, so he maximizes his screen time.

Hope there is a future task which involves a sustained "cry-off". Winner is obviously the one who can carry the waterworks the longest. Early faves for this task folks?
Tully.

Edit: I remembered how to edit. Is there a thread to ask questions? There used to be one. For example, I don’t know what MAFS is and I don’t know what you mean by the “ new format?” You mean no more public votes?

Also, why was this recorded in advance? Was it COVID rules?

Last edited:
Tully.

Edit: I remembered how to edit. Is there a thread to ask questions? There used to be one. For example, I don’t know what MAFS is and I don’t know what you mean by the “ new format?” You mean no more public votes?

MAFS is another reality show "married at first sight".

Why was it recorded in advance - channel seven are strange and have no idea of what the concept of BB is. They were doing the pre recording thing before covid, although they are now probably conveniently using that as the excuse as to why they are doing such a dumb arse thing if anyone asks.

Edited to add - yay for working out the edit button again!

Tully.

Not sure about a questions thread Rose. Mafs is some garbage set up scripted couples show where they set up simulated marriages and are counselled during the process. The microminutes Ive seen it look to be more badly scripted than our soapie offerings. Tho better more informed heads around here Im sure would give you a clearer picture on that. No public vote as of yet it seems but im hazy on the details. again, much more informed posters on the subject than me.
Im just here for my endless parade of childish chicanery and very occasional sparse insightful posts. And when I say sparse, I mean very very few.
I live to laugh and for others to laugh.

I don’t know what MAFS is and I don’t know what you mean by the “ new format?” You mean no more public votes?

MAFS is Married At First Sight (Australia) which is quality trash/worth having a look at it if you can.

Since Channel 7 took BB over it has been all prerecorded, so no live votes until the final. I think they filmed and edited the first 7 version before Covid. But my memory is fuzzy on all this. Check out the wiki page on Aus BB. It says:

"In 2020, Seven Network revamped the format of the series to resemble the format of the American & Canadian editions - with housemates deciding both Nominations and Evictions among themselves. The new format added emphasis to the competitive aspect of surviving the eviction process. As such, the housemates will now be allowed to strategise, politic and collude about the nominations and evictions. However, there will still be key differences compared to the American/Canadian format, most prominently with the Australian public still deciding the eventual winner - rather than being decided by a "Jury" of evicted housemates (as is the case on the American and Canadian show)."

How the fuck did the producers find this storyline and cast this guy? Great casting. Gone too soon. Traditional BB format would have seen Sam go.

I cried. I've cried both evictions so far. I fucking hate this shit format and yet I'm sucked in. Damn you!

@Estelle.Landy - rooting for you, boo! I was the owner of the TeamEstelle Twitter page back in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back