Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 16 Discussion (8 June, 7:30pm)

Which OG will eventually knife Tim?

• Reggie

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • Dave

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Estelle

Votes: 43 55.8%
  • Tully

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Drew

Votes: 4 5.2%

• Total voters
It says a lot about 2022 that the truly most horrific thing you can call someone is Amber Heard.
Very true. Im just saying that whole scenario was a shit strategic move when the public votes the winner ( he's alluding he's in the final 3, i'm not so sure he is). For me i just don't like the nasty streak he's always had. That whole thing just showed me he hadn't changed bringing up Ben Norris. This is him outside the house!

Very true. Im just saying that whole scenario was a shit strategic move when the public votes the winner ( he's alluding he's in the final 3, i'm not so sure he is). For me i just don't like the nasty streak he's always had. That whole thing just showed me he hadn't changed bringing up Ben Norris. This is him outside the house!
I agree, that message was the most stupid strategic move he could have made if he is in the final three. even if has deleted it people still have it screenshot - it will come back to bite him.

I recall a segment with Taras saying how he loved Reggie when he watched her in her series. They were showing him looking at her photos.
tbf Taras is also about the same age as me iirc (34) so we were 15 ish during BB2003. Some of the younger housemates may have more biased and skewed memories towards Ch 9 (like Johnson being starstruck by Estelle).

I also have a photo of me and my family watching the moment Reggie won on TV.

Thinking about that end of show promo tonight, isn't it customary that only one of the two fake-evicted HMs comes back in to the house? In other words, Aleisha comes back in and Drew goes. Could that perhaps be what the promo is hinting at? And not Reggie or any of the other OGs at all.
Not necessarily, the two old bags in the attic were both returned to the house...

Welcome Tully!

Tonight’s episode was very good. I think with both Aleisha and Drew being in the mainframe it doesn’t mean that one will go back in and one leaves. I have a feeling there may be one more twist near the end of the show..just like the white room and the mirror room from the previous two seasons

So I reckon both will go back in

White men on this show can truly get away with anything.
Im not being an apologist for Tim and I said earlier in this thread his comments were beyond stupid and egotistical and totally out of line.
But the "white man " label is just silly anger posturing. He didnt get away with anything. As per the reaction and his deleting his tweet. The people have spoken and said its not on.
I just think grand and broad sweeping generalizations minimize the actual hurtful damage he has caused. Its him. The individual who has made these comments.
He is a white now gay individual. Dont excuse his individual actions by besmirching wide net generalisations.. It lessens the personal fault on his part.
Otherwise we are in danger of excusing other individual heinous behaviour based on their ethnicity, sexuality or otherwise.
This is a group of highly and carefully chosen individuals with one goal in common. To be famous. Not saying its wrong but hardly representative of the community at large.

Welcome Tully!

Tonight’s episode was very good. I think with both Aleisha and Drew being in the mainframe it doesn’t mean that one will go back in and one leaves. I have a feeling there may be one more twist near the end of the show..just like the white room and the mirror room from the previous two seasons

So I reckon both will go back in

Possibly one more twist? Hmmm. I was appauled last year when they did that Russian Roulette challenge between Tilly and Ari. Regardless of whether Ari or Tilly won, that was really unfair.

OK, you could argue they had both been "evicted" and therefore should have been at home watching; no harm done. But, they weren't. They were instead given a chance to go back in. But to base that chance on what was essentially a drawn out coin toss; that was just mean. Even more so that Tilly had been stuck in that horrible, psychologically destroying, mirror room for days. If BB doesn't play on your phobias, he plays on your emotional stability. And that is just terrible, and potentially even dangerous, IMO. I am surprised Tilly didn't come out of those last days scarred in some way.

I hope they don't do something stupid like that ever again.

Last edited:
Im not being an apologist for Tim and I said earlier in this thread his comments were beyond stupid and egotistical and totally out of line.
But the "white man " label is just silly anger posturing. He didnt get away with anything. As per the reaction and his deleting his tweet. The people have spoken and said its not on.
I just think grand and broad sweeping generalizations minimize the actual hurtful damage he has caused. Its him. The individual who has made these comments.
He is a white now gay individual. Dont excuse his individual actions by besmirching wide net generalisations.. It lessens the personal fault on his part.
Otherwise we are in danger of excusing other individual heinous behaviour based on their ethnicity, sexuality or otherwise.
This is a group of highly and carefully chosen individuals with one goal in common. To be famous. Not saying its wrong but hardly representative of the community at large.
This is honestly the shit he is still posting… this stuff is beyone the game shit

Attachments

• 19718F71-91FA-40AC-9EDE-96F70618F3FA.png
    19718F71-91FA-40AC-9EDE-96F70618F3FA.png
    194 KB · Views: 77
Agree. She comes across as naive and incompetent, but that is more of her natural personality rather than game ability. Socially she seems to be doing well, to the point of no one wanting to target her. She's become aware that players like Gabbie who are floating are just as dangerous as the figureheads.
I want to know why she campaigned to get Gabbie out then voted for Alisha????

At the time Reggie campaigned to get Gabbie out, Aleisha was not particularly on the cards, but once Estelle - with a trademark "heart" move! - put up Aleisha, I expect the more obvious threat to the alliance needed to be got out first.

White men on this show can truly get away with anything.

I think it’s fair to say male HMs have an advantage, with the challenges over all, but also the age-old way that social dynamics work, favouring “alpha” males whilst smart, strategic or loud women are seen as a threat. Tim is well aware of the eviction patterns of past seasons and the moving parts of the social structure in the house, and he exploits all of that. Props to him for that I guess, he’s not trying to blaze a new trail of gender equality and inclusion, but he’s “playing the game” as they say.

Tim is one of those people who loves to get a reaction, he’ll identify a weakness or sore point in others and he’ll pick away at it until the subject of his persistence cracks. His favourite victims are people who are emotional and reactive, and they’re usually female. The gaslighting comes into play when he then tries to backpeddle and claim he was just trying to be honest, or just trying to help, blah blah (eg. the lolly jar). This is actually low-level abusive, the first little seeds that are sown to make someone doubt themselves, or to socially isolate them by making others doubt them - textbook coersive control - and he does get away with it. He’s exploiting gender bias and inequality by reading the room and deciding what he can get away with, and what he can’t, and then going for it. And Tim is a shrewd operator, so I don’t for a minute think he’s doing it unconsciously, his mind is always on the game. Except he has a huge blindspot in his strategy when it comes to attractive guys. He was trying to persuade the other OGs to save Joel, even though he was a strong adversary. Same goes for Drew.

When I saw Tim’s Amber Heard tweet, I was disgusted by his flippancy. The fact that he thought it was clever or funny or would be well received by his followers reveals his privilege. As a woman, reading in the news every day of other women who have been hurt, or even murdered, in their own homes by men they loved and trusted and invested their lives in, just devastates me. I actually know someone, a lovely, generous person, trapped in an abusive relationship whose life and happiness have been completely ruined by her husband. So no, Amber Heard jokes are completely unacceptable, and it was Tim’s male privilege that made him think it was funny and that other people would think it was okay. And he does get away with it, deleting a tweet isn’t penance.

I want to know why she campaigned to get Gabbie out then voted for Alisha????

At the time Reggie campaigned to get Gabbie out, Aleisha was not particularly on the cards, but once Estelle - with a trademark "heart" move! - put up Aleisha, I expect the more obvious threat to the alliance needed to be got out first.

This - Reggie sees Gabbie as a threat, but Aleisha is the far bigger threat, and she wanted to get rid of the bigger threat when it was possible to do so.

Also, from what I can tell, Gabbie has no idea who actually nominated her, so Reggie can still argue that she's on her side.

I’m convinced Tim doesn’t make the finale, otherwise he’d know better than to suddenly flip the switch and behave like this online - in front of the voting audience. If that’s the case, he has nothing to lose by doing this now.

I have always been a fan - and still think he’s a genius and absolutely fantastic at playing this version of Big Brother - but his recent social media remarks have lost me.

Back