Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 16 Discussion (8 June, 7:30pm)

Which OG will eventually knife Tim?

• Reggie

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • Dave

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Estelle

Votes: 43 55.8%
  • Tully

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Drew

Votes: 4 5.2%

• Total voters
All that means is he too much of a wuss to play the end with og cos he doesn't see himself as the best. You would think third time round you would want to challenge yourself more. He believed in himself more the first time around.
I strongly disagree. It doesn’t matter how he plays the game. He wouldn’t beat Reggie in a public vote. Hands down. No question in my mind at all.

IMO, it is not right that BB plays on people's phobias. It's cruel. It's not good TV. It could actually do more (psychological) harm. We call out cruelty to animals,; this should be called out too.

I think I agree to a point.

Also if I was going on BB I would tell him I was afraid of puppy dogs and then act it up. I’m also not totally convinced this hasn’t happened already with some ;)

Somewhat agree about Layla, however Trevor? You’re joking right? That would be like having a fake eviction for a loaf of bread.
Well everyone in that house loved him because he was a nice guy.

I know people say boring stuff about him but I'd rather him in the hacker room rather than Drew and Aleisha who are going to be plotting rubbish.

I think I agree to a point.

Also if I was going on BB I would tell him I was afraid of puppy dogs and then act it up. I’m also not totally convinced this hasn’t happened already with some ;)
I thought of that too. But it would be very hard to act a phobia without looking fake / suspicious. Aleisha is 100% genuinely terrified. Not even the best actors can pull that off with conviction, let alone a BB HM.

The thing with Tim is he has the most generic personality type. There’s really nothing unique or ‘quirky’ about him, though I’m sure he sees himself as one.

He reminds me of Danny 2021 and Dan from 2020. Generic one-liner, gaslighting “mad-lad” who is just a producer-plant with no actual core values. Seen heeeeeaps of people like him over the years (both on TV and real life). Yawn. Give airtime to someone with substance.

I have low hopes for things working out the way I want... But the good news is these newbies don't seem to have watched the earlier seasons and may have no idea what a huge fan favourite Reggie is. I'd expect them to want to get Tim out well before her, and then...

I don’t think it’s a case of ‘to be the best you’ve gotta beat the best” when it comes to BB and especially not with the nostalgia of the OGs playing the game.
Agree. Think producers have engineered this through the agents of fake evictions and twists. Nothing more obvious than all OG's sticking fat and marching to the end together. Predictable and boring. Otherwise, they alienate a potential younger audience who have no affinity for the the OG's and makes the newbies vs OG thing redundant when they just could have done an all OG cast. But that wouldnt fly either to cater to the young demographic who have NFI who Reggie is for example.

I have low hopes for things working out the way I want... But the good news is these newbies don't seem to have watched the earlier seasons and may have no idea what a huge fan favourite Reggie is. I'd expect them to want to get Tim out well before her, and then...
I recall a segment with Taras saying how he loved Reggie when he watched her in her series. They were showing him looking at her photos.

Then there's Johnson who claims he's a superfan.

Agree.

That’s why he’s gotta get other people to do it! That’s why he’s playing ‘all’ sides imo.
But he is not really playing all sides - he is getting the OG's off side. Playing all sides is what Taras, Gabbie, Dave and Tully are doing - they have friendships and alliances that cross over both sides. Tim is just trying to blow up the game.

Back