Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 1 Discussion (9 May, 7:30pm)

What are your overall expectations for this season of Big Brother?

• It will be Amazing

Votes: 21 32.8%
  • It will be Awful

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • It will be Mixed

Votes: 36 56.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Overall I enjoyed the first episode! I was disappointed how Estelle was the only one of the returning contestants who didn’t get an intro package! Surely they should’ve played that. But I’m guessing it’s yet to come…

Josh…seems like a dick but definitely has potential to stir some shit. Loved seeing Tim, Reggie, Farmer Dave and Estelle back in the house. The new contenders do seem interesting as well. Good on the OG’s for canceling that eviction. Josh definitely shot himself in the foot…Danny last year did send someone home when he didn’t have to (I know a lot of people here don’t like Danny) but he wasn’t as malicious as Josh seemed to be.
I too wonder what the deal is with the intro package? Already feeling so many of my story lines are just going to be cut.. ugh

You're making the mistake though of thinking producers wouldn't intervene to stop their favourites leaving.
This. Reggie and Tim would be the two biggest draw cards for the switched off viewers. The producers will be keeping them around at least long enough that viewers have had the chance to get invested in watching the season without those two on it.

I too wonder what the deal is with the intro package? Already feeling so many of my story lines are just going to be cut.. ugh
The first few episodes usually have them spread out. I think at one point in 2021 some people didn't get their intro package until the second or third week. Though if you see an intro package early, a lot of the time in 2020 and 2021 we've seen those people leave not long after.

So hopefully we don't see yours for a long time. 🤞

Episode 1 ratings:

To be expected tbh. After the ratings disaster VIP had, it makes sense that this would premiere quite low - and it's going to drop like a rock in the future. People that were interested by the returning HMs that would have otherwise not watched at all will bail fairly quickly because the issues with the format are still present (though this started filming before VIP aired, so they didn't even really have a chance to fix anything that seemed to be going okay at that point in time).

…maybe it’s because they’re up against that juggernaut ‘Legomasters’?… lol!… perhaps give the housemates a few thousand Lego blocks to play with?… maybe they’ll construct a full size model of Big Brother himself… cheers. 🙃

…maybe it’s because they’re up against that juggernaut ‘Legomasters’?… lol!… perhaps give the housemates a few thousand Lego blocks to play with?… maybe they’ll construct a full size model of Big Brother himself… cheers. 🙃

Not really a juggernaut at only 566k last night. None of the reality shows except for MAFS seem to be firing this year. Even The Voice is getting less than 800k viewers.

Tonight's episode looks great. I'm hooked again!

Is there a TV show schedule? 7+ doesn't have any on the site, did I miss it?

I just looked at 7's afternoon schedule. It doesn't appear to be being repeated like the other shows. Not on any of the 7 channels, which is strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back