Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 1 Discussion (9 May, 7:30pm)

What are your overall expectations for this season of Big Brother?

• It will be Amazing

Votes: 21 32.8%
  • It will be Awful

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • It will be Mixed

Votes: 36 56.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Aleisha gets through the Eviction next challenge should have something involving WALK. ON. WATER!! to evoke 2007 Nostalgia since we aren't getting the OG this time. Haha

Overall I enjoyed the first episode! I was disappointed how Estelle was the only one of the returning contestants who didn’t get an intro package! Surely they should’ve played that. But I’m guessing it’s yet to come…

Josh…seems like a dick but definitely has potential to stir some shit. Loved seeing Tim, Reggie, Farmer Dave and Estelle back in the house. The new contenders do seem interesting as well. Good on the OG’s for canceling that eviction. Josh definitely shot himself in the foot…Danny last year did send someone home when he didn’t have to (I know a lot of people here don’t like Danny) but he wasn’t as malicious as Josh seemed to be.

Didn't get to watch live as I went to a viewing party in Melbourne tonight and spent most of my time speaking to some past housemates. To sum up my night, Anna from BB06 sat to pose for a photo and accidentally put her hand in my meat pie that I was eating. I laughed when she apologised. Farmer Dave also picked her up for a photo and her heel came off and flew past me. Farmer Dave was also mesmerised by my knowledge of Big Brother. I also met Mel from this year. She is, something else. Crazy is the first word I think of but it's not even one to describe it.

The first episode was disappointing, too much time spent on gimmicks and Big Brother/Sonia narrating. Hardly anyone got major complexity outside of their intro packages. Josh is a hot douche. Reggie trying to get Big Brother to say doodle is the best thing I've seen on Australian RTV since Hayden stripped to his speedos on Masterchef. The newbies seem like the most likeable of the seven casts so far, but nothing of anything substantial was shown of them to really allow me to formulate any opinions. I smiled at moments like David helping Reggie up the stairs, the four of the royalty members in the diary room and when Tim mentioned dreamworld. Other than that I began to remember how much I dislike the new format when the former housemates were absent from the screen.

One thing that made me cringe was Johnson saying he's a super fan. I have never been so offended in my life before. I am not going to be categorised with someone who said "Estelle is OG" when Reggie was fucking sitting there. @Estelle.Landy no disrespect of course. I am so sick of hearing "I am a super fan of Big Brother". Please. Come back to me when you watch the entire series in five months.

I am going to continue watching. Reggie to win.
I heard some spoilers about the series tonight and Sportsbet odds seem to be indicative of placements
. Heard some information about the next series, which I'll keep to myself before they announce it for you all to hear ;)

Didn't get to watch live as I went to a viewing party in Melbourne tonight and spent most of my time speaking to some past housemates. To sum up my night, Anna from BB06 sat to pose for a photo and accidentally put her hand in my meat pie that I was eating. I laughed when she apologised. Farmer Dave also picked her up for a photo and her heel came off and flew past me. Farmer Dave was there and was mesmerised by my knowledge of Big Brother. I also met Mel from this year. She is, something else. Crazy is the first word I think of but it's not even one to describe it.

The first episode was disappointing, too much time spent on gimmicks and Big Brother/Sonia narrating. Hardly anyone got major complexity outside of their intro packages. Josh is a hot douche. Reggie trying to get Big Brother to say doodle is the best thing I've seen on Australian RTV since Hayden stripped to his speedos on Masterchef. The newbies seem like the most likeable of the seven casts so far, but nothing of anything substantial was shown of them to really allow me to formulate any opinions. I smiled at moments like David helping Reggie up the stairs, the four of the royalty members in the diary room and when Tim mentioned dreamworld. Other than that I began to remember how much I dislike the new format when the former housemates were absent from the screen.

I heard some spoilers about the series tonight and Sportsbet odds seem to be indicative of placements
. Heard some information about the next series, which I'll keep to myself before they announce it for you all to hear ;)
I love you so, so much. So much respect.

Was this the same viewing party that Benjamin was at, too? I’m suspecting you might’ve strategically omitted him from your post for a reason…

I love you so, so much. So much respect.

Was this the same viewing party that Benjamin was at, too? I’m suspecting you might’ve strategically omitted him from your post for a reason…
Yes it was. He was actually very nice. He sat with me and talked about how he remembered the fundraiser he hosted for my family. Our conversation consisted mainly of me asking questions, such as the rumour of him being axed in favour of Helen Wood for BBUK16 Timewarp. He was relatively busy for a lot of the night so I didn't get to chat for long. I was happy he remembered the fundraiser he did, and he told me my grandmother is one of the best people he's ever met so that was nice.

I also met Tahan (again). She was fucking amazing. We were talking for a short while about her seasons and how I am a super fan and she was so interested to hear my thoughts about everything. When she said goodbye to me she said she wanted to speak to me more. I have never felt so happy in all of my life.

Didn't get to watch live as I went to a viewing party in Melbourne tonight and spent most of my time speaking to some past housemates. To sum up my night, Anna from BB06 sat to pose for a photo and accidentally put her hand in my meat pie that I was eating. I laughed when she apologised. Farmer Dave also picked her up for a photo and her heel came off and flew past me. Farmer Dave was also mesmerised by my knowledge of Big Brother. I also met Mel from this year. She is, something else. Crazy is the first word I think of but it's not even one to describe it.

One thing that made me cringe was Johnson saying he's a super fan. I have never been so offended in my life before. I am not going to be categorised with someone who said "Estelle is OG" when Reggie was fucking sitting there. @Estelle.Landy no disrespect of course. I am so sick of hearing "I am a super fan of Big Brother". Please. Come back to me when you watch the entire series in five months.

Love this so much.

Wouldn't be surprised if the next series is due to be filmed sooner rather than later. Suspect like at North Head they've probably got a one year lease so need to get the next one filmed even if it is almost a year before it'll air.

Wouldn't be surprised if the next series is due to be filmed sooner rather than later. Suspect like at North Head they've probably got a one year lease so need to get the next one filmed even if it is almost a year before it'll air.
We are due for another season in late 2022, aren’t we? It may be only a few months away.

Have you / would you apply?

…you guys are typing so fast that by the time I read all of your posts I have missed most of the show lol!… my two finger typing can’t keep up lol!… I’ll have to rewatch the show to see what I’ve missed lol!… cheers.
Yup, I gave up!
I'll need to rewatch today. I abandoned watching last night, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back