Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2020 - Episode 9 Discussion (23 June)

Was Garths eviction last night a result of homophobia?

• Yes, Of course it was in a house full of straight people.

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • No, Everyone had an equal chance including Garth.

Votes: 75 87.2%
  • Hmm, It was a mix of homophobia and other things.

Votes: 4 4.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fine with Zoe going, but from the housemates perspective, they did exactly what they didn't want to do - shoot and miss their target.

Interesting that tonight was the first we've really seen of Sophie and Chad, and they chose to show her as a bit of a brat, while he came out of it looking like a friendly doofus. Could they be separated soon?

Eh? So an underpowered non afl group becomes dominant thru their strategy are they not alpha group then ?
Labels. And some players and viewers being committed to such limit their bigger picture view.

I understand why Kieran, Ange and Marissa voted Zoe. She been very vocal against the three of them, and she's proven a challenge threat. She was the short term threat.

Mat is an end-game threat, and at least the seed has been planted. The opportunity might prove rare to nominate him, but at least it's something that they can circle back to.

giphy.gif

It would have been very interesting had Kieran ended up voting Mat, resulting in a tie.
It wouldn’t tie though, Mat would have had 6 & Zoey 5. Kieran was the decider. If little miss sunshine hadn’t been traipsing off in the garden while everyone was talking strategy, then perhaps there could have been a tie which would have been fun.

Garth leaves and exclaims "I was in the bunker!" and we see not one housemate deduce anything from that? Surely there would have been discussions about Angela working with Garth in the bunker to get Ian out. They showed Garth saying it at the beginning of this episode, and that was that. How is there not a target on Angela's back now, from Dan at a minimum? No discussion, no mention? What the? Nah, I don't believe that. It was not shown. Selective editing. Ummm.
Exactly. They even left it in the "Previously" bit but not a single mention of it. It's as if producers forgot to remind the housemates of it when they came back to the set to film the next episode.

Shane's getting a lot of airtime this week...
Pretty sure this years housemates are being paid on a per-episode basis - and only if they get a speaking part.

Chad and Sophie are a love story like no other.
Except every series of Big Brother ever.

Im genuinely at a loss. How did Kieran get casted let alone highlighted?
It must be an in-joke. Or a plant. Or has incriminating photos of the producers taken on his mobile phone whilst driving badly.
One of the great mysteries of our time. He just doesn't interact with the house at all - we see two seconds of him reacting to another housemate saying something and then just see him speaking in the diary room.

And then in the eviction tribal it's:
"Marissa won the challenge today - Kieran, what do you think about that?"
"Mat is nominated for the first time - how do you think he feels Kieran?"
"Shane tried to flip the vote. Whats your thoughts Kieran?"

Did we even here Xavier speak during that section? And given how the vote went a question of Sarah might have been revealing.

But if it were a tied 6 to 6 vote, she'll get the final say, right?
They've never confirmed what happens in a tie breaker. It is the logical tie breaker and how it is done in the US, but with these producers I suspect they have scenarios in order to save their favourites. Kieran probably gets the casting vote.

I had an absurd dream last night that my Mickey undies avatar was DELETED and replaced with an image filled with fire.

Why?
I'm sure us mods used to be able to change members avatars. ;)

Anyhow, the week in summary and I'm happy the strategy talk has now become more central to the episodes, but finding the manipulation and editing around basically three housemates (Kieran, Dan and Angela) very tiresome. Challenges on the whole have been good, but on the whole it's more of a chore than a pleasure. If it wasn't for still being stuck at home most of the time I think I'd have given up.

Last edited:
If Marissa had put up Mat, the alphas would have had no choice but to vote for each other to save their own game and one would have been eliminated. Eliminating Zoe was stupid.
It might have been necessary in that they may have murdered Zoe so as not to have had to hear her speak ever again. Maybe the producers stepped in to prevent a crime of passion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back