Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2020 - Episode 18 Discussion (15 July)

Who do you WANT to win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How is that challenge in any way "Olympic Sized"?

Maybe the ‘Olympic sized’ challenges are a series of games they all compete in, maybe win medals (gold, silver, bronze) and at the end of the Olympic Games the 3 with the highest medal tallies go through? Or the highest gold medal winner gets to do noms?

Honestly, it is way too late in the game to have such a debilitating twist as that was. Would have been better earlier on in the show.

Otherwise the producers are basically selecting the final 3 themselves. Why don’t they make a twist where this lot aren’t the real final 5 and bring back Talia, Angela & Subong? That’s equally valid from a production standpoint.

Maybe the ‘Olympic sized’ challenges are a series of games they all compete in, maybe win medals (gold, silver, bronze) and at the end of the Olympic Games the 3 with the highest medal tallies go through? Or the highest gold medal winner gets to do noms?
I like that idea lol, & matches with an olympics year (or did).

...and just like that - Kieran is a winner. Congrats you klutz!

It worked out in the end. Kieran ended up getting a bit of cash which was about all he could have hoped for, leaving all the others still penniless. Sophie got what she wanted too. She's back in the house, out for revenge and happy to be reunited with her walking picture book.

...and just like that - the two cackling hyenas Mat and Dan find themselves in a rather precarious situation hehe... 😋

What a simple twist of fortunes can do to a person. From 'Kings of the Hill' they were turned into pariahs in the blink of an eye. We didn't expect a happy reaction from those two obviously... but the way those two grown up men threw their toys out of the pram was just ugly.

...and just like that - the show has become interesting again. :roflmao:

Was anyone else a bit taken aback by the fact that there were seemingly no adults in the vote for XYZ segment they showed at the end? I've not seen that footage before. It made me feel that all the childish elements of the game have been because they were pandering to.... not just the dumb dumbs they think watch such shows, but actual small children, and/or the dreaded family viewing audience, which in that timeslot I suppose of course they were. It makes me think there is a snowball's chance in hell of anyone I want to win, getting the win (in other words I can see Dan or Mat being heroes to an immature crowd, as well as all the bogans, soz), if predominantly children are going to be voting, especially after one of the least nuanced edits of a show of all time. Apologies to all children, all children-loving people, and all posters on this format who watch happily with their children - it is just something I had not even thought about, or factored in, that a large proportion of the voting public will be actual children.

...and just like that - Kieran is a winner. Congrats you klutz!

It worked out in the end. Kieran ended up getting a bit of cash which was about all he could have hoped for, leaving all the others still penniless. Sophie got what she wanted too. She's back in the house, out for revenge and happy to be reunited with her walking picture book.

...and just like that - the two cackling hyenas Mat and Dan find themselves in a rather precarious situation hehe... 😋

What a simple twist of fortunes can do to a person. From 'Kings of the Hill' they were turned into pariahs in the blink of an eye. We didn't expect a happy reaction from those two obviously... but the way those two grown up men threw their toys out of the pram was just ugly.

...and just like that - the show has become interesting again. :roflmao:
I didn't believe the tantrum from Matt and Dan (nobody can be that idiotic) , nor I believed that Kieran and Sophie were going mad in the white room, they were there for a short time, and they had each other. If they didn't want to see white they could have closed there eyes and wait. To me the 4 of them acted from a script.
Happy that Kieran got a little money, he at least did something for his money.
Happy that Sophie is back just to see Matt and Dan's faces :)

The alpha alliance and their passion for the game of big brother is great to see imo. I just hope they can win the next challenge!

The alpha alliance and their passion for the game of big brother is great to see imo. I just hope they can win the next challenge!
I am supporting the underdogs (yes, Dan and Mat are now the underdogs!!), as much as I've hated their game, I feel it was unfair to have such a strategy busting twist so close to the end of the game. Nobody is commenting on all of that because they dislike the personalities... Funny that if you look past the personalities, if the same thing happened to a favorite, like if it happend to Sophie and Chad, people would be hopping mad about that unfair, late twist.

I hated that Chad let the Alpha alliance get so far, and Sophie is complicit in that; and for that reason they don't deserve to win.

I am supporting the underdogs (yes, Dan and Mat are now the underdogs!!), as much as I've hated their game, I feel it was unfair to have such a strategy busting twist so close to the end of the game. Nobody is commenting on all of that because they dislike the personalities... Funny that if you look past the personalities, if the same thing happened to a favorite, like if it happend to Sophie and Chad, people would be hopping mad about that unfair, late twist.

I hated that Chad let the Alpha alliance get so far, and Sophie is complicit in that; and for that reason they don't deserve to win.

I think the white room concept works better at the start of the game.

I think the white room concept works better at the start of the game.
Yes, that and an audience vote who to send to the white room, perhaps, rather than the housemates thinking that they are evicting a housemate. I don't think that concept should be overdone as it tends to randomize things too much!! Especially so late in the game when you're in the final 8 or less.

I've seen this a fair bit as well and do somewhat agree with it. Seems like there's an obvious divide between fans of the bromance & fans of romance, then everyone just loves sarah.

Yeah and it’s in Channel Seven’s best interest if producers manufacture two warring sides.

If you have to pay to vote I’m unsure if I will.

1995? Man I was just learning my way around Bulletin Boards in 1995. And had a huge house brick phone in a carry bag in my car! I was clearly behind the times!!
I guess you were. 😋 I'm guessing you lived in the wrong town, wrong state, wrong country 🤔

The trouble with unconditional positivity is it really does the show no good.

We might be getting into cultural differences now. Australia is the land of "she'll be right mate". Our humour is self-deprecating but that is really a mask for us disliking true criticism or going against the status quo.

The UK is different, in that it's more acceptable to criticise things openly (from my experience at least). If you compare the Big Brother "talk shows" from early days of BBAU and BBUK, the UK versions were more analytical and discussion based, where as AU was more just rehashing what happened in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back