Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2020 - Episode 17 Discussion (14 July)

Are you happy that Kieran has just been saved to the white room?

• Yes, He is awesome.

Votes: 18 26.9%
  • No, He was evicted.

Votes: 33 49.3%
  • Hmm, I'm rather unsure.

Votes: 16 23.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck, that first half of the show was actually worse than Surly.

I'm a bit excited Sophie is in the White Room... and looking forward to her revenge, and/or Chad's.

The Boyzzz sure got a repellant edit tonight.

So you’re with the theory that the finale may already be pre-recorded via zoom? Also staged winner’s reactions perhaps? If the finale vote is live it may be a bit odd to see them fabricate the winner’s reactions. But not surprising, they’ve apparently done the same with other reality show finals.

It would not surprise me in the slightest if Seven repeat all of the mistakes of AGT's 2019 final (and how disappointing that would be... much like this whole BBAU series :( ). According to TV Tonight (ref), an 'Eastern states' vote was conducted through 7plus. With four pre-recorded endings, the voting was the only 'live' part of the final. To make matters worse, the voting period was so short, that it excluded anyone residing in delayed timezone states from voting.

A selection of tweets:

Prove me wrong, Channel 7...

1. Sydney goes into lockdown
  2. Producers try to cobble together a zoom show
  3. Everyone's NBN keeps crapping out so zoom calls are dumped
  4. Sonia is rolled out to dance for 90 minutes
  5. Sonia falls over after 3 minutes with a sprained ankle
  6. Channel 7 freaks and just plays all the Eye Spy episodes back to back
  7. With 85 minutes still to fill, Channel 7 presses play on the backup tape of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

Another ad break, ffs... hurry up already.
I just can’t deal with it, that’s why I’m always a laggard and time shifted. That & kiddos bed time routine. Reading back through the forums is good fun though, tragically sometimes far superior to the episode.
Sophie and Chad literally has not had Dan and Mat's back the whole time, they got rid of Xav and Casey from their team!!
I don’t know if I would go so far as saying that having their back extends to everybody in their outer circle alliance. I do feel however that we are missing footage of this final 4 alliance agreement though. Or did I miss something?

Speaking of which, it is quite a surprise that Sophie was pleading this case about loyalty, yet in yesterday’s episode she was doing her best to get Sarah to vote out Mat? Did she forget that or is that all production requesting that they play up for the cameras for an alternative vote? It would make sense because Sarah could have tried to save her own butt by outting Sophie and telling everyone that just yesterday (or whenever) Sophie was trying to take out Mat. But also it wouldn’t be beyond Sarah to take a total backseat & avoid confrontation.

I know I’m in a minority (in many ways) but I loved that episode!! So good!

Cut the first half of the episode and put that part on at 5pm and I’ll take it.

First half I felt like I was in that freaking white room stuck with Kieran. The TORMENT. And don’t get me started on the robbery SHIT! Whoever writes the reward/ extra entertainment ideas must be a clown or kids entertainer.
Anna? Right, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again - I don’t for a second believe they ever broke up. I think it was all a hook to gain sympathy/advantage on the show.

Would like to see what would happen if Talia had stuck in the house. She has stated she was falling for him, would Daniel have been able to keep her at bay? Hmmmm..

I can't believe that I'm actually rooting for Dan and Matt at this point. At least they have the balls to make the hard decisions. Dumb and Dumber have fumbled their way to this point. They're so predictably stupid that it's not even entertaining.
Yep I must say I have had a turnaround after this episode and now backing the wolves because Chad is so dumb!! I still don’t quite understand where Sophie has really been at and what part of the episode before is producer-inspired filler. Because she wanted Mat out, but that seems like we were misled now????

Big Brother steals the furniture and forces the housemates to pretend to accuse each other.
Contender for the most boring and padded-out episode ever?
Still, at least it made Kieran in the White Room look interesting in comparison.

Daniel and Matt's victory dance after Sophie was evicted. Matt :"One for the good guys". Seriously?!? You think that's the impression you're giving?
(Anticipates reepbot replying yes, YAY the Alphas).

Big Brother steals the furniture and forces the housemates to pretend to accuse each other.
Contender for the most boring and padded-out episode ever?
Still, at least it made Kieran in the White Room look interesting in comparison.

Daniel and Matt's victory dance after Sophie was evicted. Matt :"One for the good guys". Seriously?!? You think that's the impression you're giving?
(Anticipates reepbot replying yes, YAY the Alphas).

We're all the heroes of our own story

I'm starting to think that they just should've kept the format how it was, but make voting free like BB Brazil.

Increased viewer engagement would result in more advertising spend and may ultimately be more profitable.
Well of course Brazil took the US format but reworked it to keep the public vote, and has been one of the most successful versions in the world as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back