Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2020 - Episode 17 Discussion (14 July)

Are you happy that Kieran has just been saved to the white room?

• Yes, He is awesome.

Votes: 18 26.9%
  • No, He was evicted.

Votes: 33 49.3%
  • Hmm, I'm rather unsure.

Votes: 16 23.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think it’s reasonable to expect the agreement they made during the musical chairs challenge to extend to all of their allies to. That would be pretty arrogant to expect Chad and Sophie to play Dan and Mat’s game for them.
Getting rid of Xavier and Casey was surely part of Dan and Mat's game anyway. Cross house alliances like this are usually all about getting others to get rid of members of your own alliance so you don't have too, with the bonus of protecting yourself at the same time. Casey was probably just collateral damage but Dan and Mat needed someone to get Xavier out for them before Xavier worked to get them out.

Exactly. It was a F4 alliance that Casey and Xavier were not part of so it’s silly for the Alpha fans to try to use that as an excuse to root against Chad and Sophie.

Reactions: kxk
Exactly. It was a F4 alliance that Casey and Xavier were not part of so it’s silly for the Alpha fans to try to use that as an excuse to root against Chad and Sophie.
Honestly, I think this final 4 agreement was a vague safety net for Dan & Mat but a lifesaver to Soph & Chad. From the edit it looks like they would 💯 have separated Chad & Sophie at least 3 or 4 episodes ago.

I will have to go back to the agreement though because I don’t really remember seeing handshakes etc

I still don’t quite understand where Sophie has really been at and what part of the episode before is producer-inspired filler. Because she wanted Mat out, but that seems like we were misled now????
Still nobody has responded about this, but I’m keen to hear views as it’s bugging me.. Getn OCD about where my thoughts are at for Soph!

This episode Sophie was droning on about loyalty, and the last episode she was all about not trusting Dan & Mat and wanted to take out Mat but was unable to convince Sarah?? How did Soph know Sarah would not vote Mat? That shit me that vote, so stooooopid voting out Kieran.

In this episode Sarah was unwilling to save her own game by throwing Sophie under the bus, by raising Sophie’s fake loyalty argument? Why wouldn’t she? In hindsight Sarah didn’t need to, but she was obviously listening to Sophie play her “loyalty” card. Wouldn’t you at least, like clear your throat in an attempt to speak in that position?

Last edited:
We're seriously about to get those 4 boring fucks as the final 4. Chad's the lesser of the four evils so I hope he wins it. Dan and Mat are boring and Sophie is the biggest fucking whiner I've ever seen.

Dan's going to win unfortunately, too big of a cult following before the show and people will vote him for the sake of it being Daniel Gorringe
If the opportunity arose, I’d like to think they’d oust him. I don’t like how Daniel uses his ‘size’ to intimidate... and even if Sophie doesn’t win the game, I still think she is a winner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Episode 17

Sarah (1)

Chad (Can't vote out Sophie, as she's his partner)

Sophie (1) +1 from Dan (Too good at challenges, doesn't want to be beaten in the next one)
Mat (A bigger challenge threat for the next nomination challenge, has a better chance against Sarah)

Honestly, I think this final 4 agreement was a vague safety net for Dan & Mat but a lifesaver to Soph & Chad. From the edit it looks like they would 💯 have separated Chad & Sophie at least 3 or 4 episodes ago.

I will have to go back to the agreement though because I don’t really remember seeing handshakes etc
I don't think there ever was a proper conversation. I recall during one of the challenges Dan whispered to them "top 4?" and the rest just all agreed.

I don't think there ever was a proper conversation. I recall during one of the challenges Dan whispered to them "top 4?" and the rest just all agreed.
Ya, I think it was underwhelming at best. I'd like to take another look at it, if anyone has the episode and time.
Unless we missed some footage where they did a shake on it (which is also likely).

I hope they didnt waste all the water from the pool. Although it probably contained more than its fair share of Xavier's smeg.

Dan's going to win unfortunately, too big of a cult following before the show and people will vote him for the sake of it being Daniel Gorringe
cult following? I bet at least 96% of the population had no idea who he was before BB.
I disagree that people are going to vote for him for the sake of it being Daniel Gorringe. That's not a thing.

cult following? I bet at least 96% of the population had no idea who he was before BB.
I disagree that people are going to vote for him for the sake of it being Daniel Gorringe. That's not a thing.
You’re probably right that practically no one knew how he was... and they may not vote for him for the sake of it being him. BUT... I think his ‘type’ is probably pretty loved in Australia. So I think people are going to vote for him for the sake of him being the classic Aussie larrikin bloke footy player mate.

I thought there was a lot of exaggeration about this being the worst episode EVER because a lot of y'all can be very dramatic sometimes. I just watched it and I don't really have an extensive BBAU history buuuuuut this was pretty bad and easily the worst episode of the season. The furniture removal didn't even go anywhere and was a complete dud. I was hoping it could turn into some murder mystery task or something but it just resulted in everyone lying on the floor bitching about how they're bored and ready to go home.

I thought there was a lot of exaggeration about this being the worst episode EVER because a lot of y'all can be very dramatic sometimes. I just watched it and I don't really have an extensive BBAU history buuuuuut this was pretty bad and easily the worst episode of the season. The furniture removal didn't even go anywhere and was a complete dud. I was hoping it could turn into some murder mystery task or something but it just resulted in everyone lying on the floor bitching about how they're bored and ready to go home.
A comment for the ages.

You’re probably right that practically no one knew how he was... and they may not vote for him for the sake of it being him. BUT... I think his ‘type’ is probably pretty loved in Australia. So I think people are going to vote for him for the sake of him being the classic Aussie larrikin bloke footy player mate.
Mat falls into this category too, hence his "bloke from Broken Hill" schtick.

I think it's an appropriate time to bring back this conversation, regardless of the circumstantial differences between the two seasons (15:36mins - 16:26mins):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back