Votes: 20 60.6%
  • Better competition

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • The competitive format

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Pre-recorded months ago

Votes: 21 63.6%

• Total voters
That’s a massive lift. Surely they’re gonna be happy with that!

Not sure how happy they would be when when Home And Away which would be much less expensive to make is getting similar streaming numbers and rating higher overall than BB.

BB slumped to a new series low of 363k and was once again 4th in its timeslot
Its really only of interest if you know the housemates. Half them I have never heard of. Catering to all demographic risks catering to few.

That’s a massive lift. Surely they’re gonna be happy with that!
How does it compare to other shows though. It's easier to double your numbers in the uplift when your original numbers are so low anyway.

It also highlights how stupid this format is in the context of a market where it's increasingly difficult to get people to watch content live on FTA channels. A live launch would have been signifcantly higher.

How does it compare to other shows though. It's easier to double your numbers in the uplift when your original numbers are so low anyway.
The going line from tvtonight in regards to the Bachelorette and Love Island (more specifically from the execs talking about LI) is how disappointing the FTA audience is but it’s baked in for significant uplifts once streaming is factored in.

That said, about ~400k does seem like an alright rise? iirc Home and Away and The Block had significantly higher streaming numbers (500-700k, I think) but the ballpark numbers are still higher than most of the pack.

In any case, I don’t see the execs being happy with the overall numbers, since suddenly factoring in streaming seems like a go to excuse at the moment when FTA is abysmal

I do agree the whole concept is way too contrived. Just get celebs you can trust to make decent drama in the house, without paying for headlines so to speak.

BB keeps on falling, down to 337k last night, beaten by both Dog House Australia (won the timeslot, beating BB by 238k) and Cheap Seats over on 10 as well as Parental Guidance on 9. The Greek Islands with Julia Bradbury on the ABC also almost matched BB's ratings, being only 29k behind.

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see if all the Danny fans abandon ship tonight as threatened. Could it dip below 300k?

Don't think so because it is facing pretty weak opposition tonight in the Bachelorette on 10 and Parental Guidance which hasn't stopped falling since its premiere.

Meanwhile I wonder what the demos are for it. I just peeked at the official FB page and it seems like it's almost entirely women posting.

Meanwhile I wonder what the demos are for it. I just peeked at the official FB page and it seems like it's almost entirely women posting.

Not very good, in 7s target demographic of 25-54s it only managed to get 12th for the night.

If you look at the streaming demographics breakdown its mainly women aged between 25-54 (44% of the total streaming audience) watching, with women making up 69% of the overall audience.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211110-151243_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211110-151243_Samsung Internet.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 10
The 7 day figure also fell by 50k so they can't gloat about that as much as they might have felt they could yesterday.

Now down to 310k, with last Wednesdays 7-day figure down to 720k (from over 800k on day 1). Basically they've lost around 20% of viewers in the overnights over two weeks and 10% in the Total TV figures over the first three episodes.

Back