• Better competition

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • The competitive format

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Pre-recorded months ago

Votes: 21 63.6%

• Total voters
increase from 377,000 to 380,000 for Tuesday's episode
That's way better than I expected, judging purely from the level of interest shown on here, WP and Twitter. On Twitter the official posts are barely getting any likes.

Seven leased the Olympic Park site for four seasons, but as Bleachy says (and I noted last night) if the ratings don't pick up for the next season they may just call it a day. In fact at this rate they may not even wait for All Stars to air, if they can pull out of their lease early. If the current season's numbers don't improve just keep an eye on the compound over the next two months and see if they dismantle it.

I read that VIP is already confirmed for 2022, prior to this one airing. I wonder if they'll give that idea the boot after seeing the ratings.

I’m afraid this will be the end of BB in Australia forever :-(
I’m a little more optimistic tbh… We thought the same thing after the show was put on hiatus the last time and here we are with a third revival. Also the fact that this version follows a modified format leaves room in the future to return to something that more closely resembles the original.

Farrout. Stupid decision to launch on a long weekend. But that really only affects Melbourne…?
Maybe people don’t like the celebs. I haven’t seen last nights yet. And I watched catch up on Monday too

It should have pretty decent lifts I reckon.

Maybe people don’t like the celebs
It's probably more of the problem being that people don't know who these people are to care enough to tune in to even be able to decide if they like them or not.

I’m a little more optimistic tbh… We thought the same thing after the show was put on hiatus the last time and here we are with a third revival. Also the fact that this version follows a modified format leaves room in the future to return to something that more closely resembles the original.
I certainly HOPE it’s not the end. But realistically I’d be super surprised if any network tried to or even wanted to bring back anything close to the original format.

Stupid decision to launch on a long weekend.
Melbourne was (as usual) still ahead of Sydney on both nights, but only by a smidge for the launch, which indicates they probably lost a bit of the Melbourne audience due to the holidays. No more than 20-30k though. Holidays or not, this has tanked. That dick Danny has lots of moronic fans so maybe it'll pick up after tonight?

Im loving that it is bombing, they have tried to do a cheap version of Celeb Big Brorher and majority of the main people are American. Massive fail.

I If All stars v contenders doesn’t do better I’m afraid this will be the end of BB in Australia forever :-(
Eh, it appears seven were happy with this year’s numbers. The VIP season is airing at the end of lockdown, long weekend in Melbourne and going into decent weather people want to go out and about and enjoy ending of restrictions. Especially young people like myself, we’re not really focused specifically on Television atm. The 2022 season will rate fine if anything. People are probably over watching celebrity shows. I can’t see a regular season on big brother doing worse, I think BB is here to stay on seven for a decent time. And even if it does end on seven, I can easily see this show being thrown around again and again sometime.

Eh, it appears seven were happy with this year’s numbers. The VIP season is airing at the end of lockdown, long weekend in Melbourne and going into decent weather people want to go out and about and enjoy ending of restrictions. Especially young people like myself, we’re not really focused specifically on Television atm. The 2022 season will rate fine if anything. People are probably over watching celebrity shows. I can’t see a regular season on big brother doing worse, I think BB is here to stay on seven for a decent time. And even if it does end on seven, I can easily see this show being thrown around again and again sometime.
I’ll remain positive haha.

True about the end of lockdown thing too. Maybe lots of tv ratings will go down. I suspect covid prolonged the inevitable with some ratings.

Even though the ratings aren’t good, I’m enjoying it!!

It’ll have a decent rise in online / catch up viewers.

I read that VIP is already confirmed for 2022, prior to this one airing. I wonder if they'll give that idea the boot after seeing the ratings.

I suspect they'll still be a second Big Brother series of some sort. If the Half Stars version goes well they'll probably just do what they did with Dancing with the Stars and do another All Stars with the people who didn't make the cut last time - and Danny yet again. Failing that they'll come up with some bullshit variant that no other country has done for good reason and pass it off as a "world first".

Agree. Australian TV and originality don't go together at the moment so any show that is axed is effectively just waiting in the wings to be picked up again - and Seven have done so much wrong with it and so far removed it from being the Big Brother that was on Ten and even Nine that there is still much potential in a further revival either going back to the shows origins or taking yet another spin on it.

375K for last night (I wasn't one of them. Will probably catch up over the weekend.

Interesting comments from EP:

So far the show is yet to fire in the ratings. Executive producer Amelia Fisk from Endemol Shine Australia told Mediaweek the show had been cast for celebrity revelations that would make global news headlines.

“The goal was to cast noisy and big household names that Australian audiences could relate to like Caitlyn Jenner, Thomas Markle Jr and Omarosa. We wanted to capture those types of people that we knew would tell stories in that house. The stories that they do tell are mind-blowing,” she said.

Do any of you relate to Caitlin Jenner, Thomas Markle or Omarosa?

I wouldn’t be surprised if ratings improved after all Americans piss off, unlikeable and irrelevant
We do not give a F about trump and we’re just relieved to not see or hear of or from him ever again
Markle?, again who cares

Back