Votes: 20 60.6%
  • Better competition

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • The competitive format

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Pre-recorded months ago

Votes: 21 63.6%

• Total voters
Ratings are going how I thought they would.

Personally, I'm finding it hard to tune in and find myself streaming the show so I can fast forward most of it. The episodes are already far too long and the dud cast only seems to make the show drag on. This may be the first season I don't finish.

Seven will be learning the pitfalls of pretaping the show now. They can't undo what they have in the can, and can't react in realtime to the terrible ratings, which they might have been able to do if it was live. Which of course would have been some nek level stunts to try and get people to tune back in. At least for All Stars the audience will want to see the old favourites so it should fare better.

Survivor US also suffering from their change of format and their next season is in the can too. CBS can kiss those ratings goodbye.

so who thought it was a good idea to sack katie hopkins?!?!
Might have been out of their hands. We don't know what came first - Seven's decision or the visa getting cancelled, we only have when the details leaked to the media.

BB VIP set to finish Tuesday November 23rd, so only 5 eps to go

Reactions: kxk
BB VIP set to finish Tuesday November 23rd, so only 5 eps to go

That will come as a relief to them - and us.

That's a couple of minutes more than me. Although I'm sure I could get the episodes in the usual places what is absolutely telling is I've not seen a second of video footage going viral and the only footage I've seen on Twitter is the trailers, and that's via here rather than Twitter thinking I'd be interested in them. The show hasn't even had a GIF worthy moment.

If the show were live I'd be more inclined to tune in. There are serious issues with the formula too. Without audience participation, big brother is a very shallow reality show. The best parts are absent: people watching (attachment to the cast), audience feedback (evictions), and suspense (waiting for eviction nights/ nominations). Still, I maintain the real nail in the coffin is that it's pre-recorded.

If the show were live I'd be more inclined to tune in. There are serious issues with the formula too. Without audience participation, big brother is a very shallow reality show. The best parts are absent: people watching (attachment to the cast), audience feedback (evictions), and suspense (waiting for eviction nights/ nominations). Still, I maintain the real nail in the coffin is that it's pre-recorded.
Completely agree! Although I take many issues with the format and structure of the episodes, this iteration of BB being pre-recorded completely undermines the best aspects of the show. I'd really like them to take a stab with broadcasting the show in 'real time'. If Canada and USA can execute this (relatively well) for both its civilian and celebrity seasons, there is no reason we cannot follow suit.

Realistically this won't happen though as we all know how much pre-recording lends assistance to the producers to craft their own narrative. Wishful thinking tho...

Casting is not enough to keep me overall interested, but in saying that I blame that more on editing as I can't really base justified opinions on housemates if I don't see enough meaningful footage of each of them. The competitive format isn't as well done as BBUS/CAN, I am not relatively interested in their games nor do I really understand many of their games. Theres no hype for the eviction and its all done so quickly in an episode its easy to forget things that happened. Too much time is spent on the eviction room and vote. If theres 30 episodes for 3 days a week for normal series I don't understand why we can't have a smaller cast and play it out exactly like the US version? The prerecorded nature of the series is what really puts me off, I miss watching and thinking wow I wonder what they're up to right now. I miss checking the website for updates and feeds. And just overall you can tell who is going to be evicted based on editing and pure logic. All of the evictees have been pretty blatant with the use of survivor style editing. I can't find myself enjoying it but I will watch because I can't help myself but watch. If BB2022 doesn't rate well then I can't see this staying beyond next year. But like I said earlier I think once we see promos for housemates like Sara-Marie, Reggie, Tim and even Tully, theres going to be intrigue with the series and people will watch. How long that lasts is up for debate, but overall this version of Big Brother is failing to really intrigue me and VIP is getting the numbers it deserves. I guess you get what you work for in the end and if you don't put hard effort into doing a show properly then viewers will see it.

Not sure if it’s a matter of laziness but more of an issue with someone’s poor uncompromising vision for the show. IIRC it’s the same executive that oversaw the 2012 revival that is responsible for this mess.

I think it's topped out now - can't see why it would lift again.
Topped out? Or bottomed out? Last night's show was quite good. We got a five page thread out of it. Meanwhile over on Whirlpool there were just two posts, both of them about whether Katie Hopkins would have improved the show. So interest really has taken a massive dive.

Topped out. I think it can still go sub 300k.

I don't think it'll lift for the final as there is just no reason for people to suddenly care. In it's original guise people might have been interested enough to find out who wins even if they didn't watch the show night in, night out, but I just don't think it gets that kind of traction now, especially in it's pre-recorded nightly elimination guise.

Topped out? Or bottomed out? Last night's show was quite good. We got a five page thread out of it. Meanwhile over on Whirlpool there were just two posts, both of them about whether Katie Hopkins would have improved the show. So interest really has taken a massive dive.

When Celebrity Masterchef rates over 200k higher than your show, you know you have a problem.

Back