Skip to main content

BB/CBB UK - Rewatch discussions

BBUK7 Week 4
  • BBLB Julia Morris was on this week (Day 27) and also Jerry Springer! (Day 28)! this was even before she was on It Takes Two (the singing version of DWTS) in 2008. They also had another Boyzone member on Stephen Gately (the only ones they havent had on yet are Ronan and Mikey), and CBB Alumni Faria (CBB4) and Melinda Messenger (CBB2).
  • Ricardo was on Big Mouth, and they had Sam on too (talking about her use of the word ‘Eclectic’ haha).
  • This week got dramatic! ok so first of all Susie gets to invite 4 others to a dinner in the garden. She picks Glyn, Richard, Lea and Aisleyne.
  • They had a mini task to wait in a queue on podiums. last one standing winning a prize. They start to speculate its immunity from eviction. It gets down to Grace and Lisa, who draw straws, and it ends up going to Lisa, which Grace gets pretty upset about and has to take a bit to get over it.
  • Mikey doesn’t really get it though and isnt very tactful in trying to get her to get over it and just deal with the nomination as it comes.
  • Nominations come around and Suzie is up first, surprise surprise its Nikki and Grace. The nominations are announced straight after so they can all reveal the secret of whats gone on. Grace and Nikki are both pretty pissed off. They raid Susie’s champagne bottle and drink it in the toilets, later theyre wearing gold and flaunting it in the garden.
  • WHO IS SHE??????? ah that classic moment. LOL.
  • To rub it in further, the weekly task is ‘State of Susie’ where Susie is the leader, Her face is plastered everywhere and theres a gigantic bust of her in the house. And they housemates must run when called to deliver the pledge of allegiance which Nikki throws a bit of a fit about as they do it multiple times at some points, must only eat bread or the favorite foods, and the one they struggle with and fail pretty much straightway is singing no other songs than the 3 named ‘Livin on a Prayer’, ‘Body rockers’ ‘I Like The Way’ and another were it.
  • Even though they are already pretty sure they’ve failed already by singing other songs, they still all do the pledge when called and participate in writing poems and doing portraits of Susie and the like. Although If it was that easy to fail and they all just gave up on the other hand, maybe they could’ve still tried to twist it someway like the boot camp task perhaps? like when Susie named Glyn as her special servant or whatever, maybe to pass he had to get them all to keep doing the allegiance when called to pass the task or something, I dunno.
  • anyways they fail the task with a new record for most fails: 33.

• Theres a bit of a blow up between Nikki and Mikey, Mikey took a beer bottle Nikki was hiding under her pillow and it all kicked off with an audience in the lounge. I thought maybe leave it a bit for later till Nikki calms down Mikey you're shining the spotlight on yourself a bit here, but later they calm down and apologise to each other.
  • On multiple nights Aisleyne, Lea and Pete catch some Duvet bouncing action going on between Grace and Mikey. Bit of flashbacks to last season eh. lol. Meanwhile Lea is talking to Aisleyne in the lounge about liking Pete without realising Petes in the lounge toilet, and Aisleyne revealed she kinda liked Mikey/thought he was fit, but nothing would happen cause he's with Grace, thinking if he might go back to chasing Imogen if Grace goes.
  • Eviction night. Oh boy this was a bit hard to watch. The crowd is singing songs along with the roar of boos for Grace from point dot of Davina opening the show (also btw the baby must be almost about to be born, Dermot came to visit Davina before the show on BBLB and she was in a gown having a lie down on the couch, very pregnant).

• And it’s not surprisingly Grace who goes. Before she leaves though, she whispers to Lisa and Imogen whether she should throw water at Susie. She then does so on her way out, and Aisleyne goes completely off at her. Her eviction interview was good, at least she acknoledged that she just bitched as groups of younger girls sometimes do without being aware of how it came across and stuff, but yeah, what a Cow she came off as there.
  • I must say it would’ve been TV GOLD if Aisleyne or someone had promptly marched over with that large bottle, grabbed Grace by the arm and tipped it over her head and gone. ‘You Bovvered now?’ and watched her have to walk out makeup/mascara running like a drowned rat, but then again they might have got in mega trouble for that off BB, so it wouldve been the part of the movie where thats the fantasy sequence then it snaps back to what really happened, at least they took the high ground and didn’t retaliate. As Susie said it’s only a bit of water and makes her look childish and a sore loser.
  • Then we have Lisa kicking off because she thinks Aisleyne and Richard are insinuating her and Imogen told Grace to do it. Richard ends up just getting tired of it and resorts to imitating Lisa carrying on to demonstrate how ridiculous she looks not letting Aisleyne get a word in, before Lisa is called to the Diary room by BB to cool down. Richard later is called in and gets a warning that antagonising behaviour isnt acceptable, I’m sorry I can kinda see where they don’t want that to escalate to Fight Night II or something but otoh its a slight bit what kindof bullcrap is that BB come on at the same time IMO. I find myself empathising with the older crew a bit here haha. Imogen was being a bit melodramatic too in the diary room I thought towards Richard and Lea and they seem to be taking it as them all being ass lickers or playing a game to set people off against each other, when IMO they moreso seem to be just not getting into this mean girls level carry on half the time, but anyways, Its reminding me a lot of the way the others viewed Derek last season.
  • A bunch of them started speccing about noms again this week and Davina said they might have some consequences this week. Nevertheless, Imogen I think kept right out of that for once so will finally get to nom next week.

Onto the next few eps!

Last edited:
Great write up of that week - takes me right back to the moment. And the good thing is I know there is much more fun to come that series too.

BBUK7 Week 5
  • BBLB: They had a contestant from UK The Apprentice on, a Kangaroo Court type thing for Grace, and Grace also did the Lie detector on Big Brain (Plus it was an episode all about Bitching with Judy James back on).
  • Big Mouth Russell’s intro’s are also becoming constants it usually some variation of ‘(GuestA)’s views are so… / I Went to (blah) pulled down my pants, (did something with his dinkle) and they had at it! LOL. He also destroyed another of Jon Connell’s diorama’s but at least Jon got the presentation just out of the way first this week. John from Blackpool is back appearing in the Mouthpiece, and Aisleyne’s friend has an unusual name too phone in of Big Mouth - ‘Tissam’
  • Mini tasks were a ‘smell-O-meter’ where they had to guess what was on everyones breath, and a Fashion runway show.
  • They had Jilly Goolden on BBLB to taste the house water - Dermot then tosses it at Grace to end the show lol.
  • They split up Day 34’s show for some reason, returning at 9:30pm with the other half of the day’s events.

• Nominations with a twist, the 5 rule breakers (and Imogen AGAIN! what was her noms discussion? maybe the one with Lisa from just before) had to vote in front of the others for one of them to go up. Lisa says she just wasn’t thinking, couldve voted Glyn so thered be a forced Tie, but no.votes Nikki so she has 2 votes and is the first up. Nikki is especially blindsided as Lisa just before nominations came and consoled her being upset about possibly being up in the noms again.
  • The other 5 nominate and Its 4 up as Lisa tops the vote plus Mikey and Imogen tie. I thought It mightve just been the top vote joining Nikki for a head to head, but no its nominations as normal. This though confused some people thinking Lea’s vote from the rule breakers counted to her normal tally, meaning she would be up too but it didn’t, they are separate, null and void once we got to the regular noms.
  • Nominations announcement… Lisa is humming that song that J Lo’s On The Floor samples 5 years later. lol. They are all ‘What?’ at Mikey being up.
  • The Shopping task is a ‘Majorettes’ task, Glyn came to the Diary room first so he’s the leader, they have to come and march when the sound alarms as well as perform a routine set to a Girls Aloud song at the end of the task. They end up passing for once, good effort.

• Pete in the Diary Room talking about talking about himself or finding it hard to talk about stuff and wonders if He dosent ask many questions of others sometimes. I can relate to that, it can be a bit of an introvert kinda thing too.
  • That being said, I’m finding some of this Love Square thing with Pete, Lea, Aisleyne and Nikki storyline lately to be a little tedious in parts. Lea confessed she really likes Pete who was kinda oblivious still, Meanwhile Lea and Nikki are gossiping whether He really likes Aisleyne, Aisleyne thinks Nikki is using pete or cracking on to try and stay in the house (word let slip to Glyn that they mighta snogged the other night in the bathroom, when it was more a peck, or was Nikki trying to kiss him?).
  • Oy yoye…For Pete’s sake leave Pete alone for a bit, He dosent seem at all keen on starting a showmance and just wants to do his thing in the house.
  • Glyn tries to get everyone playing spin the bottle again then gets stroppy in the Diary room when no ones really that keen. He also was a bit annoyed when they were playing impressions and he thought Aisleyne's of him made him look like a perv... well, tbf some of the way you carry on in the Diary room as the 18 year old getting attention from these ladies, may perhaps come across otherwise to some Glyn?, but ok then. And also getting frustrated at Richard a bit when he was trying to lead the Majorettes task.
  • Lisa is evicted (there was a slight tech hiccup where the house couldnt hear Davina so she had to do the drum roll bit about 2 times more then announce the evictee. Nikki gets a bit too far into the stairwell seeing her off and Richard has to come and get her.
  • It was an interesting one because do the public give Lisa a bit of a chance at redemption? (She kinda made amends with Richard during the week and also Nikki after the noms debacle) Split up anything happening between Mikey and Imogen? (Apparently goss on the outside is Grace has snogged George). But in the end it seems the general consensus was on Lisa out. She swore a lot in that Package they showed her, keeping good for the interview then Davina ends with ‘You were a fucking great housemate - here are your best bits’ LOL.

• Oooh! House Next Door! I remember vaguely reading about this somewhere, but atm cant recall the finer details of who it was that’s gonna go over. I was also doing the math in my mind watching this week and thinking they cant possibly stretch this out to 13 weeks by who’s left unless they skip like 3 weeks of no evictions, there’s gotta be some more intruders, bingo. FIVE? I wonder how many are coming back over? Hopefully theres some more MEN preferably 28/30 ish + and we have a week to wait to get a glimpse Haha.
  • I’m also intrigued to see how the logistics of the move over is gonna work the way the housemates have access to that stairwell on eviction night the way they do. After thinking about it, I’m gonna guess they will do next weeks show kinda like the Golden Housemate, have the 5 enter the next door house during the show whilst crowd noise is played, then have someone come and usher the ‘evictee’ in the stairwell like they did the BB5 bedsit twist. or maybe do a diary room ‘eviction’ and take them through that way? but that might be a little suss to the others. hmm anyways we shall see.

Onto the nest few eps!

Last edited:
BBUK7 Week 6
  • BBLB: Maggot (CBB4) was back and reporting from the camera run. They had Lisa do some various ‘How to be a lady’ VT’s, including a day lunch with James Hewitt and I think one of those ladies that maybe? was a judge on that Australian Princess show we had (that had 2 seasons iirc in 2005-06 and Jackie O hosted back in the day).
  • Big Mouth; They had the Armstrongs back on (they were on BBLB during the temp agency task) and Lisa on the Friday episode. On Big Brain, they had the guy from the first episode come back to talk about memes this time, Interesting that Aisleyne and not Imogen took 'Babes' to the next level, and f-bombs became a kindof meme in the House haha.
  • The mini task on Saturday was teams of 3 washing down a housemate with a large soap to get a token out of it, Both Richard and Aisleyne’s teams finish first but are disqualified for moving the brush against the soap during it which is against the rules. Nikki at first throwing a fit as she lost the rock off to be the one getting scrubbed. The faces she makes were funny, as later when they had a go getting spun around the floor on the metal plate thing or whatever.
  • Glyn, Imogen and Susie therefore win the special pamper night in the bathroom. Glyn overindulges on the Cider and Champagne, which leads to a wild episode.
  • Glyn starts throwing up, at first the rest of them have it under control, giving him a bucket next to his bed (Mikey taking charge looking after him). Problem is when they are cleaning it out, Glyn needs to go again, and theres a mad rush so Mikey drags him off to the bathroom toilet just in time.
  • Later Glyn needs to spew again, but ends up not having the bucket and running out… to the Kitchen Sink, then later again on the lawn… next to the bucket. Susie isnt that impressed/saying she doesn’t usually see people do that - which annoys Mikey in the diary room, ‘Everyones done that’ well speak for yourself lol, later on he says most young guys and I’m like thats better. Haha.
  • Anyways morning after and he’s had some water throughout the night and Glyn does a somewhat PSA about binge drinking in the Diary room.

• Nominations are as usual, Imogen finally gets to vote. Aisleyne and Susie are up, Aisleyne doesn’t take it well, somewhat calms down after a chat with Susie, but resolves in the Diary room to just speak her mind.
  • The Shopping Task was plugging holes in a vat of Milk in the garden for 48 hours, keeping it above a red line. However, Imogen is given a secret mission to fail the task to win the real task. Half of them just want to throw it in anyway (like Richard, Nikki etc), so its an easy job and she sabotages it successfully, although some of them who actually still wanted to give it a go (Aisleyne etc) aren’t that happy about it.
  • Aisleyne and Lea have a falling out when Aisleyne calls her out for being ‘emotionally manipulative’. earlier in the week Pete also gets fed up and at the end of his rope with Lea insinuating He likes Aisleyne and tells her to cut it out. Aisleyne iirc initially pegs Lea as the task saboteur before BB reveals to the house it was Imogen, and Lea is just over it and walks inside to bitch about Aisleyne in the Diary room.
  • Later they are given another mini task of a ‘suggestion box’. Lea is still in a mopey mood sitting with Glyn when Aisleyne is trying to do the task and gets fed up with her moping and calls out her leaning on Glyn. This sets Lea off on a bit of a cry in the bathroom, Pete and Glyn try and come to her but she throws a cup and just wants to be left alone for a bit.
  • Aisleyne and Lea finally have a sit down and come to a sort of truce again, although Aisleyne is talking with Imogen later and is still unsure about Lea still being paranoid and telling people different things or something. It’s like she’s regressed a little lately around this whole drama with Pete.
  • Aisleyne also gets on Nikki’s bad side when she yawns during Nikki telling another sex/ex bf story. Nikki calls out Bitch as she goes to the Diary room to vent. Later she is moaning in there while Pete and Lea are outside and Pete is having a down day, made worse by the result of the suggestion box someone wrote he had BO. The housemates get given some things to do/wear to get a karaoke party later that night (such as a coat for Nikki as she was complaining about the air con a few weeks back). Lea and the others wax Pete, and later theres some kissing between Nikki and Pete (I think again initiated by Nikki) that causes a bit of friction the next day.

• The Move episode. Davina went in and did a mini tour of the other side, They can only go in the small garden when the others are locked down inside hmm. Its Aisleyne got got ‘evicted’, I thought maybe they mightve brought her into the diary room in the 30 minutes downtime to give her the heads up but that mightve been suss or dulled the shock factor. so hey just had a runner usher her back in from the entry corridor. Then bring in the 5 neighbours.
  • Interesting batch, Aisleyne is told by BB that she will be returning to the house at some point but will be evicting 4 of the others. But in a twist, Davina tells us that unbeknownst to Aisleyne the 4 she evicts are actually going next door to the main house, so it will be the last one left that actually goes home. Aisleyne must keep this secret from the others regardless though.
  • I can see her perhaps wanting to think selfishly and keeping Jonathan (or Spiral) until last, for the girls. I’d say Spiral has been put in to play off Pete’s eccenticity, Jennie is like a mix of Bonnie/Lisa (that accent kinda giving me that tik tok ‘m to tha B’ or whatever rap girl haha);
  • Michael is obviously so Richard isnt the only gay, although he isnt that overtly obvious or flamboyant about it bar a few slight mannerisms so far, and he got a bit annoyed at first when one of the first conversations with Spiral was Spiral just being curiously questioning him about his sexuality (after he got it out of the way by settling who was going to share the double bed with Aisleyne) So he might want to be seen as more than than just that. And Jayne is loud, and maybe might annoy Lea and/or the rest of the house. She’s already jumped on the bed and perhaps cracked it, and Aisleyne had to tell her after coming back from the diary room she was the loudest and to try and keep quiet.
  • It’ll be an interesting week, they’ll probably do another round of noms for next week which Aisleyne will be exempt from until this twist finishes.
Onto the next few eps!

Last edited:
BBUK7 Week 7
  • BBLB: They had the first other house ‘eviction’ live on the Sunday show. Jayne went into the main house. ‘Bunny cam’ over there was a dog cam. They also had Michelle (BB5 and is now blonde!) and Kinga (BB6) on to talk about the other house.
  • Big Brain they had a brief look at the next door housemates and a section on Paranoia. Nancy Lam and Maggot were on Big Mouth.
  • Nominations this week: Pete is banned this week for telling Aiusleyne he nominated her. I thought Lea did too but perhaps not as she gets to vote. Richard’s noms were pretty funny he nominates the two Welshies Imogen and Glyn, and goes ’Sorry Wales, I still love Shirley Bassey, Charlotte Church, …and Charlotte Church’s Boyfriend’. lol. It’s Richard and Lea up, so a repeat of Week 2, only this time without Sezer.
  • Jonathan, Spiral and Jennie in the next door house having a very circular discussion about maturing as you get older/learning a lot more about yourself vs 18 year olds can still be more mature than older people and everyones different. They were also playing some acting game. Some of Aisleyne’s family are Irish so she has a bit of a connection with Spiral. Also Interesting her mentioning Mikey has some Iranian background, oh yeah I can see that now, also with his brother presenting this weeks ‘through the cat flap’ segment on BBLB.

• The main housemates had an inkling something mighta been going on because they could kinda hear construction and mic tests and maybe some voices next to the Diary room. Aisleyne and crew also cottoned onto Jayne going over to the main house fairly quickly (thinking they could hear her or the housemates reacting loudly to something), and Michael was second guessing whether it wasn’t meant to be a secret and BB was relying on them working it out as obvious that’s what was going on.
  • The next door housemates could only be let out into their yard whilst the others were corralled inside at certain times, BB held a silent disco with mp3 player dancing last one standing task early in the week (which Glyn won) to help stifle the other side noise perhaps too.
  • Although in the end (after Michael & Jennie were the next two going in during the housemates Imaginary friends party in the garden or whatever, Aisleyne basing it on they both happy to take the risk). They flat out told Aisleyne the final vote between Spiral and Jonathan was a definite vote to evict.
  • I suppose it mighta had the same effect (although may have been a bit more cruel considering Aisleyne’s response to being put through that process straight out) if they kept her guessing whether the final one would be a proper eviction (and therefore would she even have been able to try and hedge bets keep 2 till the end she cared the least for getting in the house or not.
  • Although she did like qualities in each of them she said so that was a bit brutal for her regardless. She also didn’t know up till the end what would happen with her and the remaining housemate and otoh probably a gentle bit of gaming by BB to help her make a more informed choice about who was actually going for real, ymmv.

• She ends up being broadcast from the Diary room to the main house in a live special with Davina, looking very deer in the headlights to make the final cut. At least Jayne, Michael and Jennie can drop the pretense of not knowing each other now. BB has to really push Aisleyne to make a choice and she evicts Jonathan. The others are shown the other side and Jonathan is evicted. He gets a few further appearances after the Eviction interview such as on BBLB and interacting with the crowd before the eviction etc.
  • Aisleyne returns to the house with Spiral, but she is quite distraught over the whole thing for some time and heads straight to the bathroom in tears. later she retreats to the Diary room to clam down and let Spiral have his moment of coming in the house.

• The Shopping task this week is to untangle a big knot of ropes that they are all attached to as the shopping timer runs down their budget every 3 minutes for 3 hours. Glyn keeps falling over, but they manage to get a respectable amount.
  • Lea and Richard have a moment hugging and crying in the lounge after when they say well only one of them will be here next week to enjoy it. BB later throws a dinner party for them and they toast to the others and also past housemates.
  • This is after Lea has another momentary lapse of Paranoia about the crowds outside booing her and is thinking of walking to avoid it. It’s a bit like she’s come full circle in a way since the first time she was up. Soon she gets over it though after a pep talk from the others. Glyn also gets a bit emotional as he nominated Lea this week.
  • Aisleyne and Nikki kinda make amends for now. Another interesting point was Glyn telling Spiral about the ‘Oggie Oggie Oggie’ thing. It was cleared up by a letter sent in on Sunday’s BBLB (week 8) that it actually has origins as Cornish not Welsh, and yeah I looked it up it seems to predate the Aussie use of it we’ve come to know Aussie Oi Oi Oi. LOL. Also Dermot mentioned Sally’s Imaginary friend Milco from Home & Away. Its funny that plot would be returned to about a year and a half after this Season.

• It’s Lea that goes, but its a close result around 53%. She gets a bit more cheers than boos and drops a c-bomb did I hear at the top of the stairs lol.
  • Jayne has already made a few waves, having words with Spiral in the bedroom keeping her awake, and also an argument with Jennie with an audience around making dinner for Lea. She had a bit of a Kath and Kim esque ‘Look at me’ moment when Nikki was having another strop around the kitchen. She appears to be getting along with Susie though, whom Lea is thinking is being a bit of a game player.
  • It’ll be interesting to see if Pete gets a bit more bounce kinda thing back again now Lea’s out in the next week.

Onto the next few eps!

Last edited:
BBUK7 Week 8 (Quite a big update for this week!)
  • Ok so the week starts with some makeovers, It’s about that time for the trope of the Boy’s doing something with their hair mid-season, This time Its Pete and Glyn using the Bleach Lea ordered last week for this on the shopping list. Michael also initially does a stripe on the side, then shaves that, then shaves his whole head during the week. They Joke its Billy Idol (Pete), Eminem (Glyn) and Vernon Kay (Mikey) in the diary room.
  • Also very of it’s time, Pete and Glyn do Blackface! (and body in Glyn’s case) Michael and Jayne present the chimney sweep ‘Gertrude’ (Glyn) who has wandered into the house apparently. LOL.
  • Lea Finally gets to meet Russell Brand after talking about it in the house. Also a bit eyebow raising for its time, We have Russell Stripping down to his undies for a semi lap dance on Her, (after Davina basically motorboated her on last week’s eviction show as well) hmm lol.
  • Paranoia is still rife in the house, particularly towards Aisleyne. Nikki has a bit of a meltdown over it and wants to leave because she feels like Aisleyne is imposing on her or something along those lines. They end up semi sorting it out again the next day (as a few interactions go this week). Later even Jennie has a moment about Aisleyne but her and Spiral talk it out.

• Big storyline this week was Jayne’s Rule breaks. Talking about the outside world gets nominations canned and result in the entire house up - except Jayne. 11 Housemates.
  • This is hotly debated on the spin off shows all week whether thats actually a punishment and whether maybe she should have been up with one other. and also a lot of speculation whether since theres a few newbies, there mightn’t be enough motivation to evict them (or the under the radar’s like Imogen for example) and a big character could go. The bookies and Jon Connell on Big Mouth say the tides appear to have shifted from Aisleyne to Nikki during the week. Susies name was also thrown in there as someone people would like to see the public take the opportunity to boot.
  • Jayne cant keep her mouth shut though, talking about the public perception of Aisleyne with Nikki gets the Shopping task cancelled, and then not wearing her mic correctly and appearing to actively sabotage by telling Michael to drop his mic then hug her so she could say something to him got their Hot Water restricted to an hour at BB’s discretion.
  • Jayne comes right out and says she slagged off Aisleyne but it wasn’t anything major. Which sets off Aisleyne’s paranoia. When Aisleyne and Michael are waiting for the Diary room, Jayne offers to come in with her so she can actually be upfront with her and not ‘bullshit, like you’. It might’ve come out wrong or been a freudian slip, but then She thinks Michael and Aisleyne are gaslighting her that she said that.

• The mini tasks go ahead though: Theres a Tennis duo’s task to hit balls from a machine back to ‘beat’ BB at a game of tennis, which they win a party for. The other is a ‘burping task’ where all the housemates drink soda and have to burp into the mic at least once. Michael loses the game of Jenga at that party and agrees to wash up all day.
  • Spin the bottle/Truth/Dare is played . Aisleyne and Pete snog and so does Aisleyne and Nikki. Spiral gets pissed off that Aisleyne turned him down twice, and has a go at Nikki for making a face at him. I think he has a bit of hurt pride, disrespectful might not be the best word to use there, I think Aisleyne had a right to not want to kiss him, but OTOH like some were saying even if its just a peck in good fun its only a game. hmm bit of a grey one YMMV.
  • Pete later chats with Aisleyne and mentions He was sober as dosen’t drink, so maybe could be misreading Aisleyne’s behaviour and intention as she was a bit pissed too (they did mention on Big Brain his perception scores werent the highest) So could be a bit of that too perhaps. AnywayThis carries on later.
  • Some of the Spin off show guests think Jayne might be a plant like she’s stirring all this up on purpose. Inside the house, Jayne has a moment where she thinks Spiral is a mole because look! theres Spiral motifs all over the House (and logo this season) and he seems to be kicking off with people one at a time.

• A limping rat is found in the house, which BB later ‘humanely removes’ with a catch/release trap. a bit of an argument between Mikey and Richard breaks out though over Glyn and some of the other boys joking about hitting it with a hammer, which Susie also objects to. Mikey takes it as Richard bullshitting and moralising to suck up to Susie when he tells Glyn that doing that might hurt his image and chances in the game with the public (and the RSPCA). Tbf I think IMO they weren’t being entirely serious and just saying, just as Mikey is defending Glyn ‘just joking’ but again YMMV.
  • Mikey is already a bit sour on Susie from her reaction to Glyn’s drunkeness, and more recently Imogen finding someones used gum near the cushions, which prompts Susie to tell them all she’s been finding gum with teeth marks around that ought be sent to the Diary room for dental forensics and a gum ban from the shopping list next week if people cant bin it, which Richard agrees with. Anyway Leaving the rat alone makes Pete happy, he gets a bit emotional about it later in the Diary room. Later BB rewards them with an Exercise bike (and some pretty ‘Light’ weights) for a clean up of the house, and Mikey comes up to Richard and they make up about it too.

• Day of the eviction, Aisleyne complains to BB about Spiral flashing her and coming up to her naked after getting out of the shower as a joke the night before. BB talks to Spiral and suggests he talk it out/apologise to her, which at first he isnt happy about becuase he feels like Aisleyne is making him out to be the bad guy when it wasnt like that, and he blows her off till hes ready to talk, then gives her a one sided apology and walks off. Timeline wise this is around the time of the Turkey slap over in BBAU, maybe the producers looked at that and thought hmm we’d better look at how we handle this kinda similar thing delicately perhaps.
  • Aisleyne counsels with BB if she should try again from her side and they eventually seem to settle it, although Spiral I think was on thin ice when he tried giving her ‘advice’ about having more respect for herself the way she has things flaunting around. Aisleyne then checks with Susie whether she thinks she’s done anything ‘wrong’ Susie says she hasn’t, if they put cameras in any young girls house thered be times they would be in bra and panties at some point not being aware of it kinda thing.

• There were a few familiar faces and entertaining guests on BBLB and Big Mouth this week including Shahbaz, Lea and her son ‘H’, Vanessa Feltz (first half with Lea and Dermot from the outside studio jacuzzi), Charles Ingram (the Who Wants To Be A Milllionaire coughing scandal guy), Grace phoned in Big Mouth, Emma Griffiths (Willis), and Junior Simpson was funny analyzing Aisleyne’s ‘Urban Speak’ on BBLB. Big Brain this week was about Stress, and Addictions.
  • The eviction is a bit of a shock for the housemates, It’s Nikki. She thinks moaning a lot again about wanting to go this week may have had the public had enough of her. She has a funny interview with Davina (after Davina has to go right up the door to collect her as Nikki just stands there trying to fix her earrings and stuff for a bit).
  • Jayne is a bit emotional that Nikki’s gone. I laughed when Aisleyne said before Nikki left (they thought it might be another twist) ‘you might be going to Australia Babes’ haha can you imagine. Pete’s a bit shell shocked too for a bit after. It’ll be an interesting next week.

Onto the next few eps!

Last edited:
BBUK7 Week 9
  • The week began with Nikki soundbites as the alarm. Also Jayne’s rule breaking continues, the Pool has now been roped off and made off limits. BB makes them all do a classroom style test after revision of the rulebook. Some of them dont get all the questions right and some of them think maybe Jayne might be a mole doing this on purpose.
  • The rations arrive and Susie starts adding to her secret stash, the main thing being hiding sugar. She tells them all how the teabags should be used to make multiple teas at once to get the most out of it.
  • Glyn has a real hard time with the lack of food, devising several ways to try and get through the day and telling BB about it in the diary room, like intermittent fasting and such. Later BB gives them all a pedometer task to win a ‘meal of their choice’. Both Glyn and Spiral are cometetive and keep walking and pacing the diary room when BB calls them in to check they arent pushing too much. Glyn also has quite a few scenes this week with Spiral and in the diary room, including a funny one where BB speaks back to Glyn in Welsh. Pete on the other hand is still in a bit of a funk since Nikki’s left, however towards the end of the week he starts to get a bit of a rebound happening.
  • Glyn wins the Pedometer task, but the meal turns out to be a pureed milkshake. Spiral is offended on his behalf for all that effort thinking its kinda cruel of BB to do for the show (Glyn isnt that bothered though) and ends up snapping at Jennie who is trying to reason with him, BB calling him to the diary room to cool off.

• Later Spiral gets huffy with Michael over bringing back up the kicking the melon thing in the next door house as Richard appears to be having a bit of a joke tossing some pasta off a ladle outside. It goes on a bit, and later Jennie and Spiral have a one on one about the way he arcs up. They both appear to sort it out eventually (after going in circles a little bit and Aisleyne even comes in as a bit of a mediator for Jennie and Michael) but I think it may also be a bit of things can sometimes seem to build up into bigger than what they actually are inside the confines of the house kinda thing. Jennie again has a bit of a paranoid moment later asking Aisleyne if things are good between them randomly, and Aisleyne wants to clear up if she might be putting off the wrong vibe to Jennie sometimes thinking she’s excluding her or something like that.
  • Also early in the week, after just having that whole insecurity about herself brought up by that thing with Spiral, Mikey randomly comes up and bites Aisleyne on the ass as a joke. Later discussing it with Pete, he agrees that they should really have some control of their actions, even if it wasnt meant anything by it kinda thing. Mikey later apologises to Aisleyne. Maybe BB could randomly introduce a discussion topic ala the meaning of life like their thoughts about the burqa or something, maybe too controversial? hmmm ymmv.

• Nominations: The chewing gum bandit strikes again - suddenly some stashed away on the couch finds its way stuck to Aisleyne’s jeans during noms. Richard gets the most noms (5) followed by Jayne.
  • Glyn wants to make the bread. Susie initially leaves him to it, but then the others say maybe She should show him first, so he dosent f it up and they already have little supply. Later Glyn tries cooking porridge, however leaves it a bit long and ends up burning it.

• Another big storyline beat was Michael and Richard, trying to keep it brief but I really got Michael’s frustrations and where he was coming from and I think its one of the only times so far up to now I thought Richard didn’t exactly handle his side of it very well by failing to realise (as Mikey I thought was rightly trying to explain to him) that Michael clearly told him the day before he didnt appreciate being called she even as a joke or whatever, It dosent mean he has a problem with accepting his sexuality, or is repressing some kind of super campness than where he already sits on that grey kinda spectrum iykwim, He just is not the type to make their sexuality the focal point of their entire personality and all they can seem to talk about.
  • And it is possible for them to connect on topics beyond that - the discussion about Michael’s spirituality between them earlier showed that - which also tbf perhaps might be a product of the confines of the house on Richard’s side a little too - he told Spiral about how on the outside he spends a lot of his time around other gay men, whereas in the house he’s like the only one (for a long stint between Shahbaz/Sam until Michael walked in). There were some mixed opinions about it on Big Mouth and also interesting to see was they brought up differences between Knowledge boasting Narcissism vs Body flaunting narcissism on Big Brain as it related to some of them including Richard and Michael this week.
  • Anyway, they patched it up the next day (Michael thought he went a bit far telling Richard he’d blown his chance to get to know him properly, acknowledging its ok for 2 people to not get on and just be civil) although he’s still a bit wary of him. Its brought Imogen a bit more into the edit as well in that way, as Michael had a few scenes talking to her about Richard. It’ll be interesting to see if that develops any further while they’re both in the house, I’d like to see the percentages for this week actually, as I had a thought maybe if Richard was up against someone else, if it might've been a little bit of a vote swinger having that ‘argument’ during the week even though it wasn’t all that explosive compared to some.

• Back to the other action in the house, They have a few ‘training sessions’ group tasks to get ready for the weekly task. completing these helps unlock the pool again iirc.
  • The Weekly task is a funhouse themed obstacle course with some gunky pools and stuff. They end up passing under the required time limit and also given an 80’s themed party. Theres a fun dance bit to ‘The Only Way Is Up’.

• Nikki had 2 appearances on Big Mouth this week, one along with John McCririck, who was really rowdy lol. and met Michael Barrymore, who had returned to be on BBLB this week. The outside jacuzzi on BBLB was also temporarily put off limits to Dermot’s dismay for a gag. Russell also trashed another of Jon Connell’s dioramas. LOL. Caprice (CBB3) and Michelle Ryan (Eastenders and shortly after this on Bionic Woman, a show affected by the 2007 writers strike) popped up in the 'keep watching BBBM' bits too.
  • Eviction. It’s Jayne who goes, She had a fun interview with Davina, letting out a belch.
  • Its a Double Eviction Next week! that’ll be interesting.

Onto the next few eps!

Last edited:
BBUK7 Week 10
  • Week 10: This was a really entertaining week I thought, one of the best of the season so far IMO (like Week 7 of BB5, etc).
  • Jayne was entertaining on BBLB, with her Daughter on and getting stuck into the curry on the family dinner segment. They also had Jade (BB3) in the camera runs reporting.
  • Spiral gets a bit huffy again as someone apparently missed one of his ‘fruit and nut’ chocolates on the list.
  • The task is to buddy up in pairs for a ‘Best Friends’ task. They had to write a song about each other, a fairytale, and whenever a ‘friendship song’ (including Pretenders Ill stand by you, Lean on me, the Friends theme song etc.) they gotta hug it out.
  • They also had to buy their buddy gifts adding up 10 pound budget. Spiral got Michael’s stuffed cat some tuna and a two sided keyring, Mikey got Glyn an England shirt, and Pete got Richard a Heart photoframe with a picture of Spiral LOL.
  • They think they have it worked out, but yeah its an interesting way to the Double Eviction, the pairs will nominate each other (only one other housemate) then be evicted as one unit on Friday.
  • ah its a vote to SAVE a pair - interesting. Michael gets 2 while Susie, Spiral, and Richard get one so it drags up Imogen and Pete too.
  • Mikey and Spiral dress up as toilet paper ghost thingys to scare the others in the bedroom.

• Judi James back on Big Brain to do an update on the ‘simian’ politics of the house. Glyn drew a picture (before entering the house) of winning Wimbledon whilst getting a bj from a farting woman lol. Also discussing reactive vs proactive rebellion.
  • Jayne doing aerobics with the girls from Liberty X on BBLB. Alesha Dixon was also on (as married name Harvey at that time). Jayne also made an appearance on Big Mouth. There were some interesting Celebrities doing the ‘Youre Watching BBBM throws this week including Lily Allen and Colin Farrell.
  • Also Rosebud the guy wearing the horsehead was one of the Mouthpiece visuals this week, swatting a pinata whilst Russel circled around on a mini bike. LOL. I also had the thought (I Doubt it is) but it would be funny if at the end of the season they ‘unmasked both him and Whale suit guy Masked singer style, and Rosebud was Eugene or someone (kinda sounds like him).

• Its a Prison and wardens task! great re-use of the next door house, and also continuing the pair ups task, with an extra twist - the inmates have a secret luxury beach/roman spa room they must keep secret to win letters from home.
  • Susie is fed up with the sleep schedules for the Officer shifts, whilst Michael has another frustration with Richard whilst taking the inmates out on a shackle walk, but also gets into character giving them the daily tasks (like Sorting Padlocks).
  • Pete & Glyn really shine with this task and become quite the comedic duo bumbling about the prison and their excitement after BB delivers the cake containing the instructions on discovering the secret room.
  • Pete later feels a bit guilty the officers arent enjoying their side of things so much so when the opportunity comes up to do a parole, His plea watched by the officers was funny, but Swapping for Richard to join the others meant he effectively gave up his shot at a letter from home at the same time.
  • The letters from home was a bit emotional with someone else reading it out to them. The Officers discovered what was going on by watching the ending of the task on the TV screen, and Richards letter maybe humanised him a bit more with Michael, although Michael (and some of the others) were teary for pretty much all of them haha.
  • Pete has organised with BB a surprise Madonna themed birthday party for Richard upon return to the main house. They all dress up and Vogue again. Pete and Glyn come to the Diary room in cone bras and wigs. Lol.

• Eviction was a bit of a surprise, Thought it could be a toss up between Imogen/Susie and Michael/Spiral, but it’s the boys that go - walking out together. They had a good interview with Davina - Spiral had another disagreement with Aisleyne over him thinking she gave him a look of disapproval after joking he’d lick curry off her when BB gave them a special meal in the prison and he was a bit annoyed Jennie and her agreed to nominate him.
  • They didn’t exactly have another big talk it out session, but they left it with some sort of mutual civility for the moment I guess. Similar with Michael and Richard that kinda left things on an okay note. As Davina said, Michael and Spiral had a kindof uneasy start in next door, but look at them now walking out together.
  • It was funny the day of Eviction there was an ongoing (uncut level) storyline of Glyn ‘relieving himself’ one by one they all come into the bathroom whilst he is in the shower. Later theyre all having a bit of a graphic chat about it while Susie kindof checks herself out of the convo then comes back and goes ‘oh youre still on this topic?, well carry on but ill keep mine to myself’ kinda thing lol. Later Glyn is a bit tipsy again but not so much like before he was reallly drunk.
  • It’s at least back to even Boys and Girls split than it would have been if Susie and Imogen both left, and theres a bit of a marked feeling of the numbers getting more tight in that jump from 10 to 8 and we move into the last 3 weeks of the season.

Onto the next few eps!

Side note it looks like we're probably not gonna get a random Dermot filling in for Davina moment either this season (at least due to the baby coming at due date), She announced on BBLB theres still like 8 weeks till she is due (I avoided looking it up until now just for the bit of extra tension haha). In the article from around mid-2010's or so I was able to find Davina apparently planned each of her pregnancies so they wouldn't clash with hosting duties for BB at all. Each of her 3 kids were born in September. This week the 'Big Mumma' outfit made a comeback, this time with 'The Trilogy' written on the back. Haha.

Last edited:
Didn't help they extended this series to 13 weeks either, though IIRC it started a week or two earlier than what had become it's traditional start date of the last weekend in May.

Up until Big Brother 16, Big Brother 7 was the series that started the earliest in the year. After this, it went back to the end of May, and then first week of June despite still running for 13 weeks. But BB7 was the last series that Davina would present whilst pregnant anyway.

BBUK7 Week 11
  • They used the Big Brain assessments (Most intelligent, Most Machiavellian, etc) for the housemates to guess a self ranking order in a mini task this week. Being in the top tier of Machiavellian rattles both Aisleyne & Glyn in particular for a bit until it was explained by Susie and BB and they understood its not saying its a bad thing necessarily and that you are shrewd vs naive (not like you are being calculated all the time either kinda thing) and also its just in the sample size of the house itself not the entire world helped put it into perspective.
  • It’s the ‘Big Brother goes on holiday’ task also this week (Has gone to ‘Margate’), theres a message service in the diary room from ‘Automated Big Brother’ with a big keypad. This is amusing for a lot of them particularly Pete and Glyn, who start pressing ’69’ and all the keys. Aisleyne does this too but they discover that She will randomly spit out ‘You have been evicted’ sometimes when they do that and they start getting paranoid about if theres a twist this week to do with it. I would’ve been interested to see if they did a BTS on BBLB about exactly how that worked from the control room side of things, whether the keypad was actually on or the BB operator just put that in as a ‘jokes over, thats enough, stop messing around with the keypad now’ thing haha.
  • Nominations with the Automated system are funny, as the last one to nominate, They put Susie on hold for a bit.
  • Later the Automated system starts playing up, it gets through announcing Imogen as a nominee then winds down and stops. A Portaloo also arrives in the Backyard as the water system starts having ‘issues’. BB returns soon enough and announces the nominees, Imogen, Jennie, Mikey and Susie.

• The Shopping task is ‘BB University’. Each of them select an envelope with a degree to study in the diary room, the Pairs are Aisleyne and Glyn (Sign Language), Mikey/Imogen (Bones and Muscles Anatomy), Susie /Richard (learning Welsh) and Pete/Jennie (learn and perform a Shakespeare scene perfectly). The task gets to Pete a bit, setting off his Tourettes big time as he attempts to learn the scene.
  • Glyn and Imogen also help Susie and Richard. Glyn reckons he might want to be a Welsh language teacher when he comes out of the house. Funnily, Susie does better than Richard in the actual test, although he seemed to be really trying to study for it more, and Pete fails his part by flubbing a few lines, but its still 6/8 pass so they pass the task and get another party (an earlier University party, ‘I Predict A Riot’ by Kaiser Chiefs was played into the house whilst Susie and Richard still studying), this time a Graduation. Mikey does a bit of dancing.
  • There was also a Slumber party thrown for the housemates whilst BB was away. Mikey starts cracking big time this week, Having some arguments with Jennie (over the drunk wine), Imogen (defending Glyn ‘having his own opinion’) and Glyn (rules of the Pool Table for the University task). Last week he pulled Susie up after the prison task thinking she was trying to make him out to be a ’slave driver’ in getting everyone to do the task properly, despite Susie saying she didn’t have a problem and was just joking ‘you best not tell Mikey i left the post’ or something. Also earlier when He and Spiral played a prank swapping her drawers and then apologising even though Susie said it wasnt an issue at all she just wondered who and why cause it seemed bizarre for a prank.Anyways they get back to being on good terms by the conclusion of the task.

• Big Brain had some interesting topics this week on Deprivation and Cognitive Dissonance. on BBLB, Lucy Benjamin was on (not sure If iI knew X Factor had an All stars edition back in 2006, but there you go, also ‘Chico’ from 2005 was on Big Mouth), also Kim Woodburn and Aggie from How Clean Is Your House were in the camera run, Lisa Ianson was back (CBB3) and they sent out Spiral to make a music video. Big Mouth had a few references, VT’s and bits about Blackpool during Mouthpiece this week. The Friday ep after the eviction was fun too with the ex-HM’s coming back for the twist next week.
  • It was announced on BBLB midway through the week that it was going to be another Double eviction (but the Housemates didn’t know until the night). Mikey went first, then Susie. Aisleyne and Imogen talk about the fear of the boos and getting tongue tied during the interview, Aisleyne wonders if she should change her dress in case she has a wardrobe moment. I guess you can understand it from their perspective, might be an interesting topic for Big Brain next week.

• Davina asks Mikey and Susie if they would like to go back in, after some coaxing from the crowd, they are part of the 10 ex-hms that will have a vote (for Charity!) to put 4 of them back in (to the next door house) on Tuesday and Dermot announced on Sundays BBLB that the housemates will decide which of them will reenter on the eviction night for the final week. Another twist, unlike BB4, the one going back in will be eligible to win! The candidates are Sam, Grace, Lisa, Lea, Nikki, Jayne, Michael, Spiral, Mikey & Susie.
  • Davina explained why some of the ex-hm’s didn’t return, what will be interesting to look up after is I wonder what the ‘legal issues’ with Sezer and Bonnie were. And did Jonathan decline? (Perhaps he still wasn’t completely eligible in some way like Shahbaz, George and Dawn or something, or he might’ve been asked but maybe thought he didn’t have a chance against the others of getting back in to put himself through that again so declined). Hmm We’ll see.
  • Anyways gonna be an interesting week we’re getting to the home stretch of the Season.

Onto the next few eps!

Last edited:
BBUK7 Week 12
  • The 10 ex-hm’s up for the re-entry vote were all on BBLB in the lead up to Tuesday if they would go back in; Gok Wan was on critiquing their fashion. Marion Keys was entertaining with some pretty insightful updates from the camera run.
  • There’s a Board game task where they were dressed up in cones rolling a big dice and moving along all the way up to day 80 in the Diary room. along the way Someone pulls a card that wins a letter from from home, they give it to Pete who Richard reads it out for later. Jennie wins the game which is Immunity from the final noms - which will make things interesting.
  • Pete and Jennie the other night were a bit tipsy and it looked like Jennie might’ve been alluding to some sort of a ’secret’ (that she like likes Pete perhaps?) (they just had her Boyfriend on BBLB and Big Mouth last week, that he wasn’t threatened by Pete Like how Mikey and Imogen were getting along) but it doesn’t really go anywhere.
  • They do another mini task cleaning the house while BB plays them music. Big Brain this week had a section on types of friendships in the house, (Proximity, strategic, etc).
  • The Special on Tuesday of the ex-hms sees Grace, Lea, Nikki and Mikey go back in - to the house next door. The other Housemates are shown them entering but the next door returnees don’t cotton on that they know until a little later.

• Noms - It’s Imogen and Richard up. Pete changes his vote which would’ve had Aisleyne up as well IIRC (might’ve been hard for her since some public sentiment has been a bit harsh on her lately), and for a moment I thought Richard was going to vote strategically and NOT Imogen for once which maybe could've potentially screwed him over if he ended up putting himself up against Pete or Glyn perhaps? He said this was really hard since they’d finally been getting along a bit better lately - but it was Imogen.
  • Glyn trims off the bleached hair after the final noms. They also start the ‘BB Radio task’ which sees them make up jingles and host radio segments (feat. one of few entertaining Imogen moments the whole season - ‘Hot Topics ! Hot Topics! with Imogen! with Imogen!’ LOL and the podcasts go on the website for viewers to vote if they should pass the task - they do.
  • Little Brother has Susie doing some weather presenting alongside BBLB News, and an infomercial - some TV presenter experience for her. She also comes on Big Mouth. Shahbaz also made a return appearance on BBLB.
  • Big Mouth had some interesting Guests, Michael came on and also popped up in one of the roving about VT’s, Jon Connell was back, and also they had Phil Oakley from Human League and Mutya Buena from Sugababes on and Dermot was on towards the end of the week.

• The housemates discuss the others in the next door house, and who they would like back in. Glyn starts defending Grace as Aisleyne and Richard keep going on about the cup of water incident and re-enacting it as a joke in the backyard. It sets a bit of a trigger point for Glyn as he starts speaking his mind about Susie but they end up talking out the misunderstanding of sorts.
  • Nikki keeps trying to pull a fast one on BB by heading straight for the main house door nearly every time she comes to the Diary Room. Its also discussed on BBLB/Big Mouth if she might be also putting it on a bit sometimes now because she knows what made her popular on the outside.
  • Glyn gets fed up with not being allowed to see the next door house and attempts to walk over the roof and bang on the wall. He gets told off by BB and that a punishment is awaiting when he climbs back down. This plays on him a bit all week, but also he comes to understand the gravity of his actions.

• Nominations are announced in yet another twist - Richard and Imogen move into the other house where they’ll stay until the eviction. It’s funny Nikki blurts out something about the ‘Plastics’ in front of Richard and Imogen. This also causes a momentary spat between Aisleyne and Jennie as Aisleyne gets a little overjoyed about making the final week but also dismayed at the same time that they wont get to proper send off the evictee even though it’ll only be one more week till they’re all out anyway.
  • Grace gets a special gift for her 21st Birthday - 21 minutes to head over the other side. Glyn is mainly the only one super excited to see her - Aisleyne debates whether to defend Susie over the water thing and just clear it up a bit, or to just leave it back weeks ago and not sully Grace’s little celebatory moment, they have a brief back and forth about it but ultimately Grace pushes it off onto the press rumours about Susie’s past kinda thing and they leave it at that for now. They got at least some slight drama out of it that some were wanting to see I guess, since Aisleyne wasn’t up to go over that side. I also thought they could’ve also Included this as part of Glyn’s punishment by locking him in the bathroom or something to miss her visit but that might’ve been a bit harsh YMMV. lol. Maybe if Grace hadn’t gone in, they mighta just done it with someone else to give them a short surprise stint over there. Anyways.

• Glyn gets the words Ejected and Ejaculated confused in the Diary room talking to BB. LOL. Eviction night, they all watch as Imogen is the one evicted. Aisleyne has a bit of a Cry. Later, Glyn’s punishment is revealed to be locked in the bedroom and not allowed to be part of the selection when Richard comes back and they unanimously choose Nikki to come back in. Mikey, Grace and Lea walk out together to have a short chat with Davina.
  • Nikki also blurts out when she was chosen that she felt like she was having an Orgasm! lol. BB has to hurry her along to get in the Diary room to come back over. She spends the rest of the night very cuddled up with Pete lots of kissing (Davina is glued to the outside screen initially and has to turn around to camera to finish the show lol). Glyn has a bit of tears in the diary room that he’s scared of the final week ending cause he feels safe in the house and is fearful of returning to the outside.
  • It’s now vote to win, for the finale night.
Onto the next few eps!

Finished BB7! Some BBUK7 Finale Week points:

• There were a couple of funny little tasks, a slow bike race, Pete won and he got the prize of a disco in the diary room, which at first he wasnt into at all being tired then got more into it as the free drinks kept coming from BB the DJ (LOL at ‘Its White Wine actually’ during UB40’s Red Red Wine).
  • They had to choreograph a dance to ‘Gotta Party’ (Richard is the head choreographer) and labeled themselves the ‘anti Plastics’. I loled at the quiz of the Audition tapes too - Aisleyne’s really plays on her mind how much attitude she had before going into the house.
  • There was also a future Autobiography task, and campaign speeches for another housemate, his caused a little bit of momentary tension when Aisleyne got a bit of stage nerves and it came off as her not putting in effort for Pete. They ended up talking it out.
  • There was the usual ‘BB Musical’ type task with them playing another set of housemates. Nikki Had a bit of a strop about most of these.Also on the penultimate night with only winning joint awards when she wanted to win something individual, meanwhile Jennie is like well I was only nominated for one, you dont see me kicking off. lol.
  • Nikki also gets pulled up several times about talking about how others are doing/being perceived on the outside since she left. Later in the week there is a ‘Welsh BB’ for a day and Nikki starts going around with Richard tampering with the fixtures in an attempt to see if they can trigger Welsh BB to tell them off. Glyn has to translate for them.
  • Jennie has a bit of a momentary thing with Aisleyne about what her and Imogen were talking about what her and Pete look like and whether her Bf will show up to finale (he does, all is fine). Aisleyne on finale day has a bit of a panic attack and the others calm her from leaving out the back door and sticking it out.
  • Glyn colours his hair a kindof strawberry ginger for a few days then he and Pete bleach again.
  • On BBLB, Charlotte Hudson and Katherine Jakeways each go to home towns of the 6 finalists. Marcus Bentley was the last Employee of the Week. Theres a few more opening intro spoofs featuring Dermot and the prison guard again. Anthony (BB6) was on the phone in.
  • Over on Big Mouth, a few guests outside of the finale which had nearly every major player during the season, blow up sex dolls with rosebud the horse during mouthpiece (in a best of mouthpiece the ‘I’d Do Eeevryting to you’ mimicker won).They had Chantelle (CBB4), Mikey, Imogen, etc.
  • The Finale and BBLB reunion (which was at night this season) Everybody returned (except Sezer) they even got George back and filmed a bit for the Winners week catch up on what everyone was going to get up to with agents and appearances/photoshoots and such etc.
  • Aisleyne’s facials to still being there were funny as Jennie and Nikki are evicted before her. Nikki gets a bit shell shocked coming out the second time. Richard is next, Then Aisleyne gets a 30 min breather. Pete and Glyn overturn the furniture a bit as the final 2, with Pete going a bit ott coming out of the house as winner.

Up Next: some overall season thoughts and Housemate wrap ups (maybe post later/tomorrow, get a start on CBB5 as well) ;)

BB7 overall season points:
  • The season flowed pretty well I thought, a bit like some previous ones, when you thought there might be a bit of a lull, something else happened to spin it back up a little again. Major Phase points I’d say would maybe be Launch to Grace’s Eviction, then Nikki’s shock exit, and then The reveal of the ex-housemates vote to HND to the Finale.
  • They also continued on from CBB4 having a six way finale. Also juggling the housemate count from the get go with so many unexpected walk outs/ejections in the first two weeks, and multiple waves of intruders. I thought the 6 part finale was metered pretty well and a bit of a goldlocks zone, both for dynamics in the final week its not too little for it to become a bit nothing much happening nor just enough that the house doesn’t feel too crowded still in the final week. They still each got decent airtime in the interview for what it was anddidnt require padding out with questions that were irrelevant now the seasons at a close IYKWIM.
  • BBLB and Big Brain did ok, I wasn’t too sure about the BBLB News desk gimmick at first but they did some different things with it throughout the season. The Sunday song play out (this time being different renditions of the BB Theme) wasn’t as dynamic as the random songs from BB6 but there was a few interesting ones. Big Brain ended up having some insightful and interesting segments.
  • Big Mouth introduced some more random characters like Rosebud the horse and ‘That Whale suit guy’ which were a bit whatever sometimes but we’re also entertaining when included in things like the mouthpiece segment. OTOH a lot of Russell’s monologues became very cut and paste/adapt template like, some were funny others I did skim through to get to the actual VT/next bit.
  • The twists were spaced out well I thought (even at the beginning due to the exodus of housemates in the first 2 weeks). The HND was reused really well for the Prison task and then the ex-hms return, although both the Golden ticket and that vote were a little controversial.
  • I’d also not really seen a double eviction done that way before, even when BBAU did ‘playing in pairs’ style twists. I did think the Week 5 eviction could’ve been turned into a double perhaps on the fly straight after they knew 4 would be up as well, but then they might have been tentative if doing that potentially meant evicting Nikki earlier if she’d been 2nd behind Lisa ahead of Mikey and Imogen, having closely survived against Sam two weeks before. But It did ok having two weeks of Doubles in a row in Wk 10/11 to give that real step down feel to the numbers in the house too.
  • The House itself, I noticed again the grass got pretty dry and manky in a lot of areas over the summer, there was a flashback to like week 1 of pete outside on finale and I was like its so green lol. They did end up using the inside outside table and stuff. The one thing they could’ve kept from BB6 perhaps that would’ve fitted the theme would’ve been outdoor showers, but we still got a hint of that with the Golden shower that one week. The mood lighting in the lounge was only really used sparingly for Eviction night mostly, but was purple on that awards night.
  • Again lots of Catchphrases from this season. Imogen’s ‘Babes’ a little like Michelle (BB5) calling everyone Chicken, ‘I’m Cooking an egg for the very first time awoo’, ‘You better know yourself!’ ‘Who IS SHE? Where did you FIND Her???’ ‘I’m so Cooooooold!’, ‘I’d do Eeeeeeeeryting to you’, ‘Sorry Son’, ‘Gracieee’, ‘Plastics’, to Pete’s touretteisms ‘ease a munna’, ‘wankers’ etc etc.

Up Next: Some Housemate wrap ups

BBUK7 Housemates Pt 1:
  • Shahbaz: what a handful, I did enjoy the chaos but otoh there were definitely some moments where it was hard to watch, even though some of it was brought on himself (and called into question how he got on the show in the first place as apparently he was on suicide watch?) He did much better outside though in his various appearances. There was the 8 out of 10 cats special at the end included (also featured Lea, Grace, Mikey, Jayne, Jade (BB3), Eugene (BB6) and Nadia (BB5)) he was on. My fave moment maybe would be the bit with him in the shopping list in the diary room.
  • Dawn: As I said at the start, I liked her Opening package in a bit of a matter of fact way and I think she showed potential in the house, but she did herself in by not sticking out the brother-ship task (she mightve gone anyway and Bonnie may have lasted longer but yeah) and a bit concerned about her appearance damaging her career on the outside (which may have been a reason for the code to be in place). Memorable for sitting through Nikki’s bottled watURRR’ tantrum and her dramatic ejection (Oh Shut Up!)
  • Bonnie: She was ok, but unknown whether she’d have come out of her shell a bit more/ not been as overshadowed by the other big personalities in the house had she not been evicted. She was starting to after the whole suitcase thing and getting at least some of her clothes back (that pink hoodie, you know its pink, and fluffeh and its a hoodie. yep that one lol). She might’ve continued being under Lea’s wing and maybe a bit like Jennie was. Apparently there was rumours of an unpaid pizza debt that prevented her coming back for the ex-hms vote. Another one that seems to have gone back to the regular out of the spotlight after the show ended.
  • George: When he was bought up in the latter weeks again Pete suggested a big reason for leaving was he couldn’t stand to continue being there with Grace while she was getting together with Mikey. I think as he said when he popped up in the winners week special, he just got a bit of cold feet about the potential after fame the further and further he got into the show, although was happy to have done the experience, and at least made very brief appearances in the reunion/finale shows. Apparently he was looking at doing the Uni thing.
  • Sezer: It would’ve been interesting to see if the Richard rivalry mightve continued a little longer, also his cockiness and nominations talk really did him in that week. Such a massive percentage. Although like a few other big evictions this season, whos to say they would have only lasted maybe a week or two more anyway, or perhaps with the twists avoided noms and got quite far. His early developing showmance with Imogen became such a non entity by seasons end, apparently the legal issue preventing his return for the HND vote and finale was a SA accusation he had to contend with that he later beat iirc reading. The one where are they now article I saw he apparently continued doing his thing in the business/entrepreneurial world.
  • Sam: A pretty interesting housemate, it was very close between her and Nikki that week, and of course the whole drama about the asslicking argument I guess taught her to be a little bit more assertive. Of this first batch Sam I think is the one that’s done quite a bit particularly in the public eye in Indonesia, acting and stuff. Sam also apparently went back to living/presenting as a man, even getting a wife and kids, and writing a book.

BBUK7 Housemates Pt 2:
  • Grace: To me I felt a little bit like I did towards Saskia last season - bit of a mixed bag at first I thought she came across fairly mature for her age (the Nikki arguments) but then as the ‘Plastics’ mobilised a bit more, things started to go a bit south and I think she maybe had a few questionable moments that seemed immature (the big one of course being the water and Susie, and then the wishy washy way she kinda handled it afterwards in some ways) Although I can see where she was coming from to some extent when it became such a heat of the moment thing that people would constantly keep bringing up IYKWIM. Hopefully she learnt somewhat from that and continued to grow. Of course it was interesting to see how long Her and Mikey have stayed together (and 4 kids later!). Nevertheless her exit was another big tentpole of the series a very polarising character.
  • Jonathan: at first I thought he would’ve been one with a high chance of going in from HND, depending on how much Aisleyne cottoned on/was told about the way BB was playing this twist. Unknown if he might’ve succeeded where Spiral spectacularly bombed and maybe gotten together with Aisleyne perhaps? or one of the other girls? but He also had a good rapport with the other HND’s as well in his short stint there.
  • Lea: At the beginning she was overly concerned with proving a point after getting booed on her walk in and getting increasingly paranoid about how she was being perceived on the outside. It was good for her to get past that first nomination, but then she started smothering Pete and then getting a little bit full circle back to a bit of paranoia again with the added drama of all the girls after Pete’s attention kinda thing, although she did grow whilst being in the house those extra few weeks as well and her friendship with Richard was fun to watch. Also the object of Glyn’s admiration even if at times it was a bit weird.

I did find her appearance on Richard & Judy in a playlist when I was looking for an extra Big Brain episode, She came across well in that in why she went to extremes with the work she’s had done and stuff, and also on her return to HND later in the season, kindof as support for Nikki (the meltdown about the towels). Apparently as that erm ‘film’ experience was done when she was in a bit of a rough place, these days apparently she is working OF and also does some opinion type things on Tik Tok and such.
  • Nikki: what a character, Her tantrums were entertaining to a degree, lots of debate whether on her return some of them were being slightly exaggerated, or whether the epiphany she and Pete had about how they really felt about each other became a big bookend moment to the season depending on how you view it. It would’ve been interesting to see how she would’ve handled things in the interim such as the prison task, or Automated big brother, but alas. So many funny moments when she was in there. Sadly no longer with us but we shall see more of her yet to come on this watchthrough.
  • Jayne: Kindof like the Orlaith of this season in terms of inadvertently shifting a lot of stuff in the game when you think about it. Her whole 2 week storyline around consequences of rule breaking led to Nikki’s eviction, and also several other friction points due to the rationing. She was a fun housemate nonetheless and apparently was 5th in line for the HND vote. In the Winner’s week episode it looked like she was continuing her fitness journey and perhaps wanting to get into comedy.
  • Spiral: Continuing the fiery Irishman trope that reminded me a little of Ray, His storylines mainly revolved around Aisleyne hurting his pride, and getting very frustrated in voicing himself about things like Glyn’s non-prize. Although he developed a bit of a friendship with his HND mates as well, being evicted in that joint double with Michael. We got some fun rapping out of him, He got a bit flash mobbed by some teen girls doing his CD signing in Ireland in the Winners week episode, hasn’t done much in the public eye after according to my readings, although apparently he had a bit of a karens and masks moment during the pandemic in a supermarket in 2020 popping up in the news again.
  • Michael: I really enjoyed his arc, and found him relatable in terms of the the being more than my sexuality kinda angle he had his clashes with Richard on. At times he was a bit full on, but I think he might’ve made good entertainment if he’d been there from closer to the start perhaps as well. He wasn’t particularly into wanting anything out of it after the show, but was shown in the winner’s week episode donating one of the scruples the cat plushes, a signed shirt and stuff to a gay magazine and doing a photoshoot around body image or something. Apparently he appeared alongside Aisleyne in an episode of Judge Rinder in the 2010’s that maybe I can try and track down later as well.

BBUK7 Housemates Pt 3:
  • Mikey: I feel like he was one of the intro packages that overembellished a little to give the impression he was going to be really sexist or something (and it was brought up on BBLB when they did the Audition footage quiz, although he still maintained he didn’t get full on feminists). He kindof got overshadowed by Grace in both of her stints in the house (almost like he was primarily put back in HND to prop up her potential in a way), but in-between when she wasn’t there, he was like a big brother figure for Glyn, and his argumentative side did come out with Nikki, Richard, and Susie, then it all came to a head during Wk 11 with Jennie, Imogen and Glyn which led to his eviction. Similar to Grace’s aftermath of the show, they’ve both come a long way together. The kids look a lot like them both in the interview I saw.
  • Lisa (skipped from last part haha): She was fairly entertaining and easygoing, except when she had a bit of a temper when frustrated as well (I saw that you can even see the throwing of the minibike in the bedroom moment behind Grace’s eviction interview real time lol). Which of course led to the learning how to be more of a ‘lady’ and less potty mouth VT’s from her BBLB appearances afterward. Early on she had a bit of a thing of the is it a crush or just friends with Pete seemingly first. I also saw she got into some hot water over social media trolling in the 2010’s and got let off, It seemed that in the winners week episode she was trying to get into plumbing interesting post BB career move.
  • Susie: I thought she did ok, even though she wasn’t outrageous or anything it was interesting to have a different kindof dynamic in there with her posh kindof mannerisms and takes. The timing of getting some of that material for the State Of Susie task all ready with the task department (like the bust statue) may have further stoked the questionability over whether the Golden Ticket comp could have been rigged. as well as it coming out that Susie mainly tried so many times to get on the show moreso for her aspirations as a TV presenter.
    But at the same time She was realistic about just giving it a go and just going back to normality whenever. And she still had some entertaining moments such as the Automated Nominations on hold, and stockpiling things during the rationing week. Unknown whether she may have benefited from Week 6’s eviction being the HND twist and pushed along that way, or if It had been real the public gunning for Aisleyne anyway. Susie also had the ongoing friendship with Richard, and later Imogen when they were paired together.
  • Imogen: She did pretty well for herself making it that far otherwise being a bit of an unremarkable housemate and usually in the peripheral of other’s storylines. She had the ongoing simmering tension with Richard (although they ended up getting along more by the very end when they were up for eviction in the HND).

A prolific user of ‘Babes’. and friendship with Glyn with the Welsh connection. Which was interesting in itself, apparently it was initially viewed as potential speaking in code but got complaints or something that its an english language when they were pulled up on it and then since they were allowed to (and the show did subtitles). I guess also it’s an english adjacent language so it might have been easier to get a particular translator in perhaps. That being said there was a moment where they are discussing Michael oblivious behind them and Glyn comments that they are using Welsh to bitch about others, but at least it’s still above board not talking about nominations wise.

Dermot I think may have had a soft spot for her raising on Big Mouth that you sometimes need housemates like Imogen to last right through for light and shade from the more in your face contestants and again brought her up on Glyn’s 2022 interview (maybe though as the Welsh connection again but yeah). Well yes, and no I think that can be subjective, but Imogen was a bit of a stagnant hm, although there were a few moments she had like the No nomming until week 6, The Milk task sabotage, fight with Richard and Mikey, Radio BB jingle. Apparently she’s done quite well for herself after too, apart from a cheating scandal with a footballer (?) in 2011, she has kids and a property portfolio and appears at events and premieres and stuff these days.

Back