Skip to main content

BB/CBB UK - Rewatch discussions

CBB4 Housemates Part 2:

Pete Burns:
He was very witty, and also very direct; but also at times this came off as extremely harsh. It also wasnt helped by some of the others for the most part just allowing him to go unhindered and not pull him up, as if like many posited they were afraid of taking him on. It strikes me as somewhat similar to BB6 with Science's tirades, maybe they found it easier to just let him have his say and tire out than to prolong it by antagonising him. Nonetheless, he was oone of if not the most integral housemate to several storylines this season.

Who'da thunk when I first noted they were already having a Fur/Animal rights discussion not far into the end of the Launch show that it would be such a recurring topic, and lead to 'My coat's been arrested!'. He also brought up issues around transvestism, gender bending due to his attire and plastic surgery and looking transgender but not identifying or labeling himself as such and stilll being a man. It also seemed that he was still married to a woman at this time (they divorced that year) whilst being with his partner Michael who appeared on the show (his wife knew about it) and they later had a civil union the next year but only lasted a year or so afterwards.

It seems like he will also pop back up on the show in some form later on. Also a funny moment on the BBLB reunion was that they showed him the lookalike makeover on a night out and he wasnt impressed that thought it was shit. LOL.

(Samuel) Preston: Interesting he went by his last name. Anyways He was a bookies' favourite apart from Chantelle in the final part of the show, He was a self professed BB fan, and he played a good game apart from one little thing: He fell for Chantelle despite his protesting it (as we know know reading the aftermath) but did his utmost to stay on the right side of the line when it came to his gf on the outside, downplaying it as just good frirends and the both of them 'no comment' if they would if they were single. According to the readings, After the show, Preston propsed to his gf, then called it off and broke up with her in about a month, and THEN, announced an Engagement to Chantelle in April, and got MARRIED in August 2006, (Some magazine deal was involved(?)) and didn't even last a full year before divorcing in 2007. The two of them will apparently be reappearing on UBB in 2010 so that will be interesting to catch up on.

That aside, he did come across well otherwise on the show, and I think I pinned down where I might've heard 'Boys Will Be Boys' before: used in Harry Potter 5. I was also a bit surprised to learn he has a string of songwriting credits during the 2010's including Olly Murs 'Heart Skips A Beat' (2011) and Kylie MInogue/Enrique Iglesias 'Beautiful' (2014).

Maggot: Was very background for a lot of the show, I think his two biggest moments apart from coming third and his Interview wouldve been when he got nominated and raged a bit about George, and then at Dennis taking his cigs. He had a bit of a cry on Rula's shoulder, but otherwise seemed pretty level headed and would often be seen in the diary room talking things out and situations in the house or as part of conversations.

Michael Barrymore: He was interesting to watch as a journey too. At first I didn't know his backstory and why he was so emotionally fragile. but after tidbits came up during the show and Brekkie shone some light on it here, reading up more about it Michael definitely came across like he was emotionally damaged as many pointed out and not only from that but from his history with rehab.There were many questions whether this was the right forum for him to work through his issues.

Although at first he came across on the bad side of taunting Jodie, I think later on he kindof had somewhat of a redeeming moment in the eyes of the public with the way he reacted to the big fight night, and came into the Preston/Chantelle camp a little more. Reading up on the aftermath, He did have a one off presenting a show not long after, but since hasnt to date done TV in a presenting role since. He's had a few projects announced as in thre works but never came to fruition.

Also that Pool incident has still never really gone away, it looked like it kept getting reopened in various forms every few years even after the show right up though as recent as this decade after a recent documentary about it. I'd be interested to check out some of his earlier work maybe, as well as that Senate speech of George's they were talking about. It was also funny how twhen they were talking about them both George Michael's name would inadvertently sometimes come up in that order haha.

Anyhow I think he ended being a fitting runner up for the themes this season brought up and his own kindof journey/backstory. Like He said even though he didn't 'win' he got some sort of personal closure by doing the show with the public response to him.

Chantelle Houghton: Who'da thought that she would actually take it out, being a non celebrity on a celebrity season twist. Even not getting enough evict votes in a double eviction out of 3, to getting the most win votes out of 6. A pretty big feat. She did come across as a bit of a ditzy blonde from Essex (whats a gynacologist? and she was apparently a Paris Hilton lookalike? and a promo model, it was shown when Tim from SoccerAM came on BBLB that she had appeared as a 'soccerette' on an ep) but she also had a few moments she wasn't afraid to hold her own with the others (like sticking up for Jodi, or Herself and Preston in the Banking task).

Afterwards there was the short marriage with Preston, and Shes done several TV appearances since and modelling.

Well that's about it for now on CBB4! I've Started BBUK7 (watched Launch Show so far) so I'll be back soon with a bit of an update.

BB7 was my first BBUK season. I’ve watched the early weeks 3 or 4 times. People at my school all knew who Nikki was as well. I’m so excited to rewatch it, since I’m due for a rewatch of it anyway.

Started BBUK7 (2006)!
Launch, 1st Big Mouth and 1st BBLB watched:
  • Logo is the Black and Yellow stripes. The House tour was very familiar I think I have seen this house intro a while back (I thought the 'Inside Out' decor was another later C4 season though unless they do something similar again) and again I do know a few limited points about this season, Ive watched a random bit of one of Nikki's scenes before So I remembered vaguely the general lounge and Diary room arrangements but also got an update to the rest of the house in relation.
  • One thing that stood out to me was the inside Kitchen appears to be a little bit of a step/slope down from the central area. Theres an outdoor chandelier, The pool appears to have been moved a little closer to the house (with underwater cameras!) Theres a 'bridge' to a little alcove with a hedge statue.
  • The lounge indoors has a bit of mood lighting, they have 2 urinals in the bathroom, and one of the beds is a water bed. Theres also a BBQ outdoor area and some outdoor furniture. The Diary room door is kinda hidden to the right of the far wall and is padded with a Gold chair and the Entry stairwell has a bit of an extension at the bottom then the entry door is off to the right instead of straight ahead.
  • Housemates; Theres some characters this time, Pete with Tourettes (and took a while to get in the house), Shahbaz is a bit OTT, Lisa reminds me a little of Federico from BB4, physically looking of different cultural heritage and not expecting them to have that accent.
  • Richards Intro kinda reminded me of perhaps a slightly more forward version of Daniel's from BB5? and he's Canadian. 'Sexual Terrorist' well thats certainly a statement lol. I liked Dawn's intro she seems to be pretty say it how it is and pointed, then she comes in a maroon bob wig.
  • Theres a pretty good age spread/mix and I like how theres not so much of a gap between mid 20's - one or 2 30's - 1 40+, theres a handful in their 30's, 2 or so in 26-29, then the rest under 25. Glyn is kinda adorable and a bit quirky, coming in with his lifeguard getup. I was his age (18) when this aired. I did hear a bit of Jenkin/Chanelle in that accent though, gotten good at identifying Welsh haha. Bonnie's is a little tougher to pick, I think her friend on BBLB said it was from Leicestershire?
  • Lea reminds me a little of Lesley from BB6 in terms of the Boobs, I do think though in some angles and way she dresses (or the work she's had done to her face did she say?) it makes her seem skewed a little older looking for her age, but in other shots you can kinda see it. Bit too early to gauge her personality perhaps, like Bonnie compared to some of the others she may come off a bit quiet and background. Similarly I thought Grace seems like there could be a bit of a party animal or something there potentially, just mighnt come to the forefront straightaway. Imogen seems pretty easygoing.
  • Its interesting the slight contrasts between first impressions from their Intro packages of George, Mikey and Sezer as well, you've got this posh young guy who apparently has ties to royalty, and 2 vain guys, one of which professing to be anti feminist, and thinks women are beneath him, the other thinks highly of himself as a hotshot entrepreneur who has the means to treat women like princesses. And didn't all 3 of them put down for their phobia something along the lines of transvestites and ott gay men? It'll be interesting to see how much of this is buffed up intro package talk and whether it develops in the house. Saw a little bit Shahbaz and Sezer appear to be having some sort of difficulty already.
  • Davina had some sort of gag about flicking a bean off her palm. LOL.
  • Golden Ticket competition advert at the end of the show!
  • Big Mouth Set given a makeover into the Black/Yellow Spiral/construction tape kinda stylings of this season's Logo. Still only 2 chair guests on slightly raised platforms. Russell looks a bit more tsujed up in the hair and makeup dept - is that eyeliner. Mouthpiece has been given a lava lamp background for mood.
  • BBLB: Set has a row of lit up columns to the far side, Couch is a bit of an aqua colour and seems to have moved across a little to in front of the control room panels a bit more, or its just the angle has rotated and the video screen backdrops have changed position maybe. hmm. The Housemates wall is also full length columns with their pics for the moment. For the opening episode, Dermot had a whole desk setup and sleeves for BBLB News.
  • There'll be another add on show Big Brain coming up.
  • It looks like they've also got a new task already - Big Brotherhood club, also has some added benefit of nominations immunity for the next nominations. Lisa and Shahbaz have come to the Diary Room as the groups leaders. This'll be interesting.

onto the next set of eps!

Suspect this is when the rewatch becomes trickier with 13 weeks of episodes and all the full hour long too, then double that if you're doing the spin-offs too. Think this is the year they add an extra 30 minutes on eviction night too.

Very roughly speaking ignoring the spin-offs (and the ads) BB1-4 would take around 30 hours to watch a series, BB5-6 around 45-55 hours and BB7+ over 75 hours.

CBB4 was my introduction to BBUK, and I really enjoyed that season. And both versions from the UK after that. And I think I may have got into it at its absolute peak, but I guess you guys can confirm or deny that.

That was probably it's peak - if anything it was slightly downhill from there as for me BB5/6 top BB7, but I think every BBUK fan orders those three seasons differently and BB7 is absolutely a top tier season whereever you place it.

Suspect this is when the rewatch becomes trickier with 13 weeks of episodes and all the full hour long too, then double that if you're doing the spin-offs too. Think this is the year they add an extra 30 minutes on eviction night too.
I'm up to Day 6 and already so much has happened (Mainly The Shahbaz Show) so I'll put this here to trim down my update a bit more.

I've watched the first Big Brain episode - it was fine, although Im not sure it really needs it's own 22 minute spin off, although it is only once a week. It's basically an extended Psych segment (hosted by Dermot) like the would slot into some Sunday night daily shows, or some of these guests could have just as easily been spaced out as interviews on BBLB depending on whats been happening Psych wise as it relates to this season.

For example in the first interview, they brought out the 'Norming, Storming, Performing' discussion again as it relates to the first week in the house. And then the obvious big topic this season - Pete's Tourettes - which they had already had an expert in on BBLB to discuss what Tourette's is in basic terms. However the difference here and I did find interesting, was along with yet another expert they had on a comedian with him who has Tourette's giving some of his experience, and commenting on the scene where Pete goes outside to have a 'letting it out session' screaming into a pillow. Also whether it was ethical or exploitative having Pete on the show vs if its good for awareness/destigmatization of Tourette's.

It will be interesting to see it go along and if they start having to scrape the barrel for Psych content though dependant on whats going on in the house, as in surely they will have exhausted talking about angles on Pete's Tourette's soon unless something else comes up, and I can anticipate there'll be a topic on Bitching, and the Love triangles that seem to be forming at some point.

I was able to find out though avoiding spoliers though that Big Brain continues through CBB5, then gets rebranded as a Davina show for BB8 titled 'On The Couch'. Hmm.

Diary Room Uncut is also sometimes a bit skimmable in the sections where it does rehash footage shown on the main show, only an extended version of it. I did however find entertaining (and This is something I thought about no longer being a source of conflict except for the initial discussion phase in current day BB) the extended bit of Shahbaz giving some sass back to BB telling him to hurry up and read out the Shopping List.

Nowadays its done on Ipads all set out for them and adding it up etc isnt it? This week they had like 3 attempts to redo it and get it under budget, Shahbaz even 'amending' Lisa's list on the chalkboard to add what he wanted, and they still couldn't do it, so BB removed the last 14 items read out which they couldn't remember what they were until the shopping came.

Shahbaz then after yet another argument with the rest of the house moves some of the food hiding it, which the others discover, and later on has a moment where he tries to tell them he f'ed up doing that out of spite because BB may have used Lisa's original list and not his 'amended one' so he was telling them not to 'bite the hand that feeds you'. Drama tied to doing the Shopping List. LOL.

I'll be back soon with a bit of an update post. ;)

BBUK7 Week 1 Part 1 (Day 6)
  • I’m up to The Big Mouth ep on Day 6, where its been announced Shahbaz has finally walked after threatening to go several times the past few days. A LOT has happened already, and seems like a good spot to do some thoughts before the conclusion of the Big Brotherhood task and exactly how this eviction is gonna work.
  • So before I get to Shahbaz, cause he’s far and away dominating the show the past few episodes; some other points, Big Mouth Lil Paul Scholls is back, there was a Plasma ball in the background mood of Mouthpiece, and Anthony (BB6) phoned in.
  • They had both Anthony and Nadia (BB5) on BBLB too. They have a new call in game where you have to guess whether the housemate spun up answered their 5 trivia questions wrong or right, and Song for BB is variations on the BB theme song. This time it was done by a mini orchestra. There’s a bit of an Aqua/Purple colour scheme going on (that’s also in the house bedroom kinda) complimenting the Black and yellow in parts too.
  • House tour with the interior designer - She said what would have been good would be the frosted/unfrosted glass and explained it to Dermot. Um Hello! you had that back in BB5. It;’s interesting though last season’s outside showers/bathroom didn’t relocate back outside after CBB4, cause it would have fit right in with this yards ‘Inside/out’ aesthetic. I havent seen them use the outside table or the 2 Grassy Knoll seats by the pool yet I don't think.
  • ‘Gnome/Queen Cam’ this season is ‘Rabbit Cam’ hidden inside the topiary Rabbit statue outside. Its even remote controlled. however its already been discovered by the Housemates.
  • I recognised paparazzo Darren Lyons (who is Australian) not sure if he’s been on BBLB already or I recall him from some other more recent appearance perhaps. He was talking about how some of these housemates if they play it right could team up with the paps and organise with them to get a cut/sell their pics and could make up to a million or some big money

• Anyways back to the main action in the house. Bit of showmance going on. According to Nikki theres the obvious something something forming between Sezer and Imogen, at first she was a bit standoffish, but they just kissed in the ep just gone. She also gets on with Mikey, whom also has kinda a thing going with Grace.
  • Nikki’s already had her first meltdown, over being dehydrated and not impressed she doesn’t have access to bottled water at the moment. Dawn takes her into the diary room saying ‘this isn’t enjoyable’ kinda in a ‘you seeing this carry on were dealing with Big Brother’ vibe It looked like it could be to me lol.
  • Sezer and Pete have each had a go of Dawn’s wig she came in with. The clothes and sharing situation has its difficulties, as Nikki has a real issue with Dawn’s BO (to be fair the woman hasn’t been able to comfortably shower for days until she can get her swimsuit) it happens once, then later apparently she’s lent on the shoulder of one of Grace’s hoodies Nikki’s wearing and Nikki’s beside herself in the bathroom trying to figure out how to bring up the issue to Dawn in a not awful way. So dramatic.
  • Lea tells a bit more about herself part of her surgery was she lost a lot of weight and was dealing with the excess skin, but average joe mightn’t know that and look at her funny cause she’s had this massive boob job and judge her or something along those lines. Sezer was perhaps kinda tactless in asking her if she’s done any adult movies in a random unrelated convo.
  • Ok so Shahbaz Started being really dramatic when doing some bit from a movie and dragging Grace around a bit. This put him offside with a few of the others, particularly Sezer, and later Lisa gets fed up with his antics as the co-leader of the Brotherhood, and he calls her an Imbecile. Although he goes back and forth on wanting to walk, or making up with the others then mere scenes later reverting to his defensive behaviour, Some of the others Like Dawn, Richard, Lea, even Sezer have tried to reason with him. Pete seems to be the only one who has had one on ones with him where he’s there mostly to just support and lend a sympathetic ear to Shahbaz.
  • Although some of it could stem from his background, being unemployed for a long period and also his story he told about doing a month in jail and being homeless/being a rent boy for cash which was pretty dark, and also giving this sense of weathering some racism/homophobia but then acting in an overly defensive way when he perceives others are attacking him in that way. More to analyse perhaps in his write up at the end of the season.
  • Just on that though another interesting scene was ‘wrong things to say for $500’ with Glyn. Glyn was trying to articulate that he doesn’t like getting touched by Shahbaz, but Shahbaz was kinda overriding him saying oh well its no different to your mates putting their hands on you, how do you know some of them aren’t gay? and I’m going to keep on doing it sorry I’m just a touchy/feely person’. Like Dawn overheard and discussed with the others later, if that were a guy on a younger girl it’d be looked at with some outrage.
  • I mean, I get where Shahbaz is coming from, that Glyn may have the wrong idea about the intent even if it’s just ‘innocent’ seeming touching like putting a hand on the shoulder or whatever, and he understands he’s not going to ‘catch the gay’, but still, if someone tells you they’d rather not be touched/asked for permission to hug/whatever, the better thing to say would be thanks for bringing that up that its makes you feel uncomfortable, thats not my intent at all but ill respect that’ or something along those lines. Made me think of we had similar in BB5 and that was just comments from Ahmed towards Shell about her looking beautiful that came off to her a bit creepy iirc.
  • I thought George might’ve had a similar reaction for a moment there in the pool with Richard picking him up and throwing him around (shouting something like ‘I’m Straight!’) but that could be different context as in mucking around. hmm. Also in the Pool, Pete flashed his junk, and they didn’t even need the underwater camera for that! haha.
  • So It’ll be interesting to see what happens with this eviction. They might choose another co-leader (or will they this close to the task finish) and will it be down to 2 nominees, or will they nominate out of the 5-6 housemates left not in the brotherhood? also will they replace Shahbaz straightway or just wait until the Golden Ticket winner comes in in a few weeks maybe.
That’ll do for the moment, Onto the next few eps!

Last edited:
I've always said BB always suffers when episodes are built around one person. In hindsight though Shahbaz dominating the early episodes probably did Nikki a huge favour as she wasn't pushed front and centre right from the start.

There was quite a bit of bullying in that season though wasn't there? Dawn also copped it. Shahbaz made it worse for himself the way he reacted. It was hard to watch.

The bullying word was thrown around at the time but at the time I saw it as an awful individual being held accountable for their awful behaviour. Whether I'd view it differently I'd I rewatched now I don't know but I couldn't bear the thought of watching a week of Shahbaz again.

Have rewatched some episodes from later in the series though - it does have some of the best tasks and twist although I did think the launch week Big Brotherhood twist fell a bit flat.

Last edited:
The bullying word was thrown around at the time but at the time I saw it as an awful individual being held accountable for their awful behaviour. Whether I'd view it differently I'd I rewatched now I don't know but I couldn't bear the thought of watching a week of Shahbaz again.
Yeah having watched his final day, things were getting to a really untenable situation that was a little hard to watch at times. He was out of line for going at Sezer in the morning calling him Chauvinistic etc when all he asked was to turn his volume down as the others were trying to sleep, but later on when Bonnie finally piped up again, starting and argument with Shahbaz about him opening up the kitchen doors for some air and why doesn't he just go and sit outside then, I thought it was a bit over the top/harsh the others saw that as him looking for any opportunity to jump on and attack her/start crap.

The problem was by that point he's so far into this hole he created for himself it would be a massive undertaking to try and turn that tide around, and it was probably best he left at that point than risk having an absolutely awful week/things escalating any further the way it was going, just for the offchance of getting by with the small support from people like Pete moving forward, or amending things with the others.

Lisa and Lea both had to be called into the diary room to calm down after they got heated Lea at Shahbaz for 'attacking' Bonnie, and Lisa about that mornings fight when Sezer kept throwing Shahbaz' cereal out (although first time he left it unattended, 2nd time Shahbaz dared him to do it again) and wasting the milk by promptly making it again to prove a point; and everyone bar George cleared the loungeroom when he walked in; later Sezer ties a belt around the Kitchen doors and locks him outside, and they later take his clothes whilst he's in the pool. Imogen feels sorry for him, Although Sezer says its only for a short time just to teach him a lesson, and Pete later has a bit of a diary room cry about feeling like he didnt know how to stand up for him/help shahbaz, although he was shooting himself in the foot.

I can only think I hope he really did as he claimed (in the somewhat still awkward interview with Dermot on BBLB, he was a little bit more composed on Big Mouth later) have a bit of an epiphany moment in there/in that pool that he didnt expect being in the house to make him confront himself and his history like that and dealing with better now on the outside of that environment. It'll be interesting to look up the after story when I've finished the Season.

Anyway, Ive now finished the Eviction/Big Mouth Day 9, be back in a bit whilst I kick off Week 2. :)

BBUK7 Week 1 Part 2 (Day 9 Eviction/Big Mouth)

• Ok, so what a week! After Shahbaz departure, which I just posted about, Another random event for the next Brotherhood member sees Mikey come to the diary room first when called and become Shahbaz’ replacement leader, picking George to join.
  • The Final Brotherhood decision is the next day, and it’s down to Five. They do a vote/show of hands without reason, under the impression they’ll leave two up for the final vote. Nikki threatens to walk now to save herself the dignity, but Richard calms her down that she just needs to wait it out first. Lea feels bad about not being able to tell Bonnie that she is one of the ones that wont be picked.

• Next day comes and They pick Nikki and Imogen, leaving Bonnie, Dawn and Glyn up for eviction. Dawn now threatens to leave, the others talk her down but she still comes in to tell BB she wants to leave (she was already telling Richard earlier that she wanted to go). In the process she gets a message from the outside that her sister is Ill. This turns out to be a code from the outside that things aren’t being perceived well on the outside perhaps for Dawn, her career, or in general.
  • She promptly then goes and half/code speaks/half tells the others she has a code, and that she needs to go. This upsets Lea thinking that she might want to leave too, but eventually settles down. BB calls Dawn in to question her about the code, which is the next day deemed to be in clear breach of he rules and Dawn is ejected.
  • This was discussed on Big Mouth, but I think some of them were missing the point in why Dawn just went and blabbed about it instead of keeping it to herself- She was already resolute on her leaving anyway (and that type of code seems like would be designed as an exit trigger point than extra info to stay perhaps?), she didn’t give a F at that point is my guess and just wanted to warn the others on her way out. She also wasn’t ‘upset’ about her clothes seemingly in the same way Bonnie was - she just thought the game was turning into a farce and that some of the Brotherhood picks were by Chance, the rest picked by the others so she refused to surmise why she wasn’t picked.
  • Anyway Davina wasn’t impressed with her by her thoughts about it on BBLB/the eviction, but thats another one out the door with still an eviction to go! Bonnie Vs Glyn.
  • Ironically if Dawn had waited a little more, Bonnie’s whinging turns into a bit of a compromise for herself and Glyn to win back some of the ‘contents’ of their suitcases - by describing the items they could remember in 3 minutes - Bonnie however wastes a bit of time going into a bit too much detail on her pink hoodie and ends up getting less back than Glyn, but its sufficient and she’s happy.
  • Later BB supplies them with some drinks and music - Glyn gets a bit of a lap dance from Lea and later Lisa gets one from Pete. Side note it also made me re look up the release date of Gnarls Barkley’s ‘Crazy’ I recall it starting to gain some traction/enter at least my personal awareness around that time May-June here - But it was leaked in late 2005, released in March 2006 and spent many weeks at #1 at that point in the UK becoming one of the most popular songs of the year - so it tracks that they were singing it and knew it really well at that stage. Rihanna’s SOS was similar, with a single release date of Feb 2006 and the album in April.

• The Couples situation is getting a bit more complicated. Lisa and Pete seem to be getting on, but Pete reckons it might take some time to get comfortable if its gonna go there or not and just enjoy the friendship. Some people think Lea might be trying to crack onto Pete.
  • General in house consensus seems to be Nikki and George maybe becoming a thing as some leftovers, although neither seem particularly into one another. We then have a bit of a Love Pentagon/Hexagon going on now with Imogen/Sezer, Mikey/Grace/George. Some people think Sezer might be into Imogen slightly more than she is into him or vice versa, and George had a bit of a sulk in bed the other night for some reason and Grace said something along the lines of she can tone it down with whatever’s going on with Mikey. Some others saying its early days they’re just having a bit of casualness and if Grace did play the field, maybe its giving Mikey a taste of his own medicine with the way he presented as a player in his intro video. We’ll see what happens. Some of the others are starting to speculate about potential intruders coming in to break up the relationships.
  • Bonnie goes in the eviction, The eviction set is the same as Big Brain’s, the audience is back behind the camera, and theres some yellow square platforms and a backdrop. Were also back to the housemates milling around the exit door (after the glass doors of the lounge open) and BB having to make sure its closed before opening the main doors. At least this season the exit door is right angle to the stairwell.
  • Bonnie had an alright interview, she did start to lighten up a bit more towards the end - Gina Yashere on BBLB was funny with her impression of Bonnie’s dumbfounded look. Davina reunited her with the empty suitcase and also said there’ll be a live show on Monday to do something about Shahbaz/Dawn leaving. Replacements sounds like it!

Onto the next few eps!

BBUK7 Week 2 Part 1 (Day 12 Daily/Big Mouth)

Again this week has had a lot happen already, so I’ll do another half week update before noms;

• Shopping list 500 pound have to win later in the week, can only spend 10% on alcohol.
  • Glyn’s already had a bit of a buzz cut. Giving his hair to be sold off to bb fans lol.
  • Just on codes earlier Glyn and Imogen were speaking welsh to each other. I suppose that’s less hard to translate.
  • BBLB - next we’ll be showing Bonnie my meat and two veg - lol come again Dermot - it’s a lunch in the studio with the friends and family haha.
  • Some of the BBLB segments are getting a bit OTT lol on the Sunday episode (although some bits are still entertaining like employee of the week or what guests they have, I did skim a bit).
  • They also had Dermot reading out news you’ve missed while ‘since u been gone’ plays in the background, a part 2 of Bonnie’s interview that kinda rehashed some stuff whilst on a little ‘lunch break’ with her family; Dermot in bunny ears and a short intro song for rabbit cam; and that ‘pash phone’ in BBLB news that is just a tease to watch tonight to see who kissed who is starting to get a bit stale, maybe use it for something else or more sporadic. Lol it’s a bit naff/ hilarious at the same time. Although they didn’t do it for once this time! Haha. Anyways.
  • Keith Chegwin was entertaining on BBLB, him Dermot and Bonnie all dancing to the BB theme on keyboard as outro.
  • They have to play ‘meal or no meal’ a series of game show things for the task. Imogen narrowly avoids a sliming from above on the toilet seat after getting her question wrong in the Bathroom.

• Lol I had to readjust my mind around another royal family discussion - Glyn goes ‘which one is prince charles?’ After he’s just finished talking about rather having somebody welsh as the prince of wakes who actually goes there to represent it. Haha.
  • Pete and Lisa seem to have sorted out where they’re at because the others have cottoned on to that Pete doesn’t want it to go any further at this point and Lisa might get her heart broken, It seems to be still lighthearted Lisa joking around though maybe.
  • The glamour model discussion leading to friction between Grace and Nikki over if Grace did/didn’t say ‘she wouldn’t lower herself’. Jodie Marsh’s name was thrown in there.
  • Lea gets upset over the little girl in the video on the task describing her as self absorbed or something.
  • Glyn flinches and tries to mouth the answer to Grace in the fruit and veg task losing them a point. Grace didn’t even see him but at least Glyn owned straight up to it.
  • Grace vs Nikki at dinner. Salmon is dry and Grace has enough and has some words with her causing a big kerfuffle. They later talk it out.
  • They had to win the very easy questions (apart from the speedboat) of the wrong answers from the task Pete in the Diary Room and Glyn opening the boxes in the yard - 2 new housemates Aisleyne and Sam come in. There was also an 1h 30 minute live stream episode of them coming in that I took a skim through.

• Theres some analysis of them and also the relationships in the house on Big Brain. Interesting topic with Sam - they’ve already pegged and She seems open to discussion about it getting out of the way that She’s what was termed at the time a ‘pre-op transexual, although She says she may not even get the transition, just enjoys presenting as a woman. And she comes from a small town in Scotland. I had heard Aisleyne’s name associated with this season before so Like Kinga last season I was waiting for her to come in when she wasn’t one of the OG’s on Launch night.
  • George arguing with Grace about wanting to leave in the bathroom (He has had major cold feet about not wanting any more fame by him leaving at this point in the game and returning to relative obscurity) whilst everyone is locked in the bedroom waiting on the task to be set up, they keep getting walked in on by the others then Nikki thinks she overhears George (He starts saying to grace near the door ‘dont make me get all gay about this’ (talking out my feelings) or something) nek minnut Nikki comes out with ‘I think he saying he’s gay’ and Richard’s facial reaction is priceless - LOL
  • They were interviewing one of the golden ticket potentials on BBLB. And the background to Big Mouth’s Mouthpiece changes too - theyve had a fishbowl, a stage smoke machine, and a model train set doing loops etc in the past few eps.
  • ummm what happened to the outdoor table, they must have temporarily moved it for the boxes and speedboat in that task.
  • George has made good on his intention to walk - another one gawwwn already! will they bother to chuck in another replacement so soon?
  • Sezer is verrrry skeptical of the newbies and wants to gameplay them/put pressure on them (It hasnt been established whether they were indeed held over in extra lockdown for the first week or they’re bullshitting about not having seen the show). Sezer also thinks Richard was trying to ditch the him and Lea group but now these new HMs have come in Sezer thinks Richards’ on them 'like ants to a crumb'. Nominations are just about to happen so this will be interesting.

Onto the next few eps!

BBUK7 Week 2 Part 2 (Now up to Day 18 BBLB)
  • Nominations were interesting. You had Lea ultra paranoid about getting pounced on because of her chat with Lisa about Pete or whatever earlier. Sezer and Imogen also get slap on the wrist and barred from nominating due to being vague but still too specific in noms chat the night before. This turns out to be quite the game changer as Sezer is stuck tied with Lea behind Richard to have 3 up, and a few others on 2 points.
  • Nikki's nominations were off the wall and a bit funny. A bit like watching Kemal's from last season.
  • New task for the second half of the week - Trainspotting a model train set that cuts into the garden with the destination written on, time, and the model type of the train (which they had to memorize from a sheet before).
  • The second part of the ‘Geek’ task is dressing the part in costumes, and each group having a task to do, (‘Maths’ learning their Times tables of a number (some of them being random above 12; ‘Science’ doing presentations on topics with diagrams, and the others (Richard, Nikki, Sam etc.) learning Klingon phrases. They end up passing it later.

• Big blow up that I guess we could call ‘Hoochgate’? between Richard and Sezer/Imogen in particular. BB confiscates their homemade alcohol in exchange for real booze, which then the tipsy group go and hide from the rest who are going to sleep in the bedroom, Some of the others come out though and take a bit of offense to them keeping it from them. Starting an argument between Sezer and Richard.
  • Mikey then jumps in and throws Glyn under the bus saying he heard Richard call Lea or Imogen a fake bitch (Richard and Imogen already had a sit down in Nowhere with Sezer about Richard overhearing Imogen bitching about him mucking around with Sezer).
  • The others cant seem to get a word in to defend Richard or help him explain himself, soo he feels a bit attacked and goes a bit far tellling imogen he thinks she's a bit plastic and boring and they just stay out of each others way (Imogen comes clean about not being allowed to nominate in the process, but then comes unstuck saying she wouldn’t have nominated Richard anyway and gets banned from next weeks nominations later in the diary room).
  • Sezer gets called to the diary room to calm down and Richard comes in crying a bit later and calms down. I guess in the scheme of things in some grey area It’s not really that awful what he said compared to some things he could have really called her that are blatantly degrading, and he had a point that the others were being a little hypocritical; but OTOH its still not that nice to say like that upfront in the heat of things I suppose as well.
  • The next day is still a bit moody in the house and Nikki gets a little paranoid with Lea and Pete after Lea thinks shes worked out Nikki’s nominated her, and overhears Pete talking about it being a game and who can you trust thats what happens, thinking its directed at her. But Richard and Sezer later call a bit of a truce and he’s made up with some of the others, and Nikki calms down and it simmers down again.

• BBLB still covering the Golden Ticket winners as the competition draws to a close. Ray from BB4 called into BBLB and apparently had some type of operation going importing KitKats to Ireland and actually found a winning ticket - Dermot asked him if he wanted to go back in - no thanks, Haha. They had Anouska call in last week too, And Maggot (CBB4) was a phone in on Big Mouth.
  • They’ve replaced Shahbaz’ and Dawn’s light up statues on BBLB with Aisleybe and Sam (who Dermot cant get over looking like a giant compared to the others); George’s has a disguise.
  • What a turnaround for the Eviction! Sezer starts to get a little cocky thinking hes got the girls vote, UK having none of it though. I thought it was going to be Lea early on then maybe Sezer, to definitely Sezer - and what a percentage NINETY ONE . SIX%. Kinda mixed on it, It is a tad early for such a character, but then again it will definitely shift dynamics in a big way and gave a shock to the house. It’ll also be interesting to see if now Lea can shake this insecurity thing she had going on which was leading me to think we’d seen enough of her if she was going to keep this unsuredness up much longer. Glyn is happy shes still there as is Pete.

• Grace has started to lose the plot too on this bit of a posse she’s forming - but instead of thinking maybe she should lay low or at least attempt to bridge the gap with the others, she seems to have gone into a bit of a Queen Bee mode, and started to be a bit catty especially towards Aisleyne and Sam. I also thought she seemed a little older like 24ish but shes only 20. She’s telling the girls they need to drag the next male replacement for George over to their side and hoping hes ‘not a freak’, Considering how they think the public have just ‘not gotten’ Sezer - not sure how She thinks this makes her look, but we shall see.
  • The interesting other thing is Mikey gets on well with Aisleyne and I think has shown some resistance to the way Grace has been carrying on a little harsh about Sam (always seeming to be in 'you're amazing!' mode and wanting to have girly chats at random hours with Grace) and stuff as being a bit Ott. I wonder if he’ll ‘switch sides’ while Grace is still there maybe start hanging with Aisleyne and Pete and the others more that could cause some fireworks.
  • Davina mentioned the Golden Ticket winner will be going in next Friday - possibly after the eviction? That leaves where Georges replacement is going to come from, will they pre empt the next big twist this week or keep it in the pocket for a little longer?
Onto the next few eps!

Last edited:
Based on the cast George doesn't have a replacement.

You mention Grace's age which got me thinking... She's only just a bit over a year younger than me, I'd love to see another Ultimate series just to see how just to see how some of these HM's in my age bracket have matured.

Last edited:
I think Grace and Mikey might be the longest running relationship to come out of BBUK and she does come across well when she crops up from time to time now.

I liked Grace at the time though - she was mainly hated because she was a strong confident woman who unashamedly was in it to win it and only really crossed the line when Susie arrived. As always the chants reflected a section of the audience, not the entire audience - although I will concede she was more hated than liked. I think she's someone who was always going to be evicted if up but had she made the final she'd be top 3. I see some similarities between her and Olivia last series.

I think Grace and Mikey might be the longest running relationship to come out of BBUK and she does come across well when she crops up from time to time now.

I liked Grace at the time though - she was mainly hated because she was a strong confident woman who unashamedly was in it to win it and only really crossed the line when Susie arrived. As always the chants reflected a section of the audience, not the entire audience - although I will concede she was more hated than liked. I think she's someone who was always going to be evicted if up but had she made the final she'd be top 3. I see some similarities between her and Olivia last series.

I have the same opinion on grace based on my previous 2 watches of the series.

It didn’t surprise me either when she was amongst the top 4 to return into the house next door. Albeit with a small percentage of votes but the top vote getter was so obvious

I see her as similar to Emma from 2007. A bitchy yet strong woman who was the supposed leader of one side of the house. And like Emma, whilst Grace would get 60%+ to evict every time she’s up, she’d very likely attract a lot of save votes as well. Her net result would still always probably be evict, but I do agree that if shes there at finale she makes top 3. Just like Olivia.

I’ve been so behind on my binge, BB3 really uninspired me to keep going. And I’ve also been on a road trip across the east coast of Australia over the holiday period. Hopefully now I can resume it.

BBUK7 Week 3
  • BBLB they had the Sezer family lunch outside this week, in front of a jacuzzi with two Synchonised swimmer ladies from the Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games there. Later in the week they had Shane Lynch from Boyzone in it. Dermot also gets super annoyed by the ‘win the housemates stuff’ segment music playing every time he mentions it, yet gets right into character for the Rabbit Cam intro with the audience waving lighters. go figure lol.
  • The BB theme song segment this week was funny with violins and cello then one of them goes off to get one of those stomp cymbal things and shouting hey! lol. They also had a ‘new’ segment this week visiting the housemates house called ‘through the cat flap’.
  • They had Sezer do a polygraph on Big Brain - maybe BBAU got some inspiration for all those ‘secrets and lies’ type specials that year from them lol. Also I saw it coming when he mentioned he liked Vanessa Feltz in the press conference, but BBLB set up a ‘date’ segment with her and Sezer.
  • Big Mouth, Jeremy Edwards (CBB3) came back as a guest, Nancy Lam was a bit bizarre with her tangents. Some of Russell’s bits are getting a little samey, Like the throw to the ‘keep watching BBBM’ celebrity mid show its a different joke to do with Russells ‘Ball Bags’ and ends with ‘The SWINE!!!’ also the random bit when the whale dsuit guy or horse head appears in the audience and has a quick chat with Russell. Anyways, There was a bit of an OTT moment when Jon Connell tries to get through presenting ‘Arm of Geddon’ short about the support flucuations of the nominees during the week with a diagram he spent some time putting together and Russell gets fed up with it and ends up ripping it apart and kicking it across the studio. He does the same with a bubble machine after it was the background to Mouthpiece. Blimey. lol.

• Lisa Started to lose the plot a bit and it was blamed on her PMS, mistaking Richard telling her dinner would be soon as she cant have anything until then.
  • Sam also appeared to switch allegiances by speaking to Lisa and Imogen one night. However this backfires when Lisa and Imogen tell Grace, who then gets back to Lea that Sam was saying to them that Lea was slagging them off or something. Sam tries to defend herself saying that Lisa said Lea called Sam an A-licker (and I had to go back and rewatch but it was later shown as well) and Lisa kindof denies it at first sending Sam into a bit of a meltdown. Richard defending her and saying pretty much look girls cut it out with the bitchfest now. They all appear to make up later although Lea now has some issues with Richard.
  • There was a shouting mini task to start the week, Of course Glyn’s word to describe himself would be WELSH lol. Richard won being the loudest and took Imogen to a special dinner in the lounge. After ward Imogen still dosen’t fully trust him she says.
  • Nominations are Sam and Nikki. Another interesting one because Lisa and Imogen not being able to vote for discussing noms - there were a few tied on like 2 or 3 votes to Nikki’s 4 under Sam’s 5, so there could’ve been potential for someone to come up to match or overtake Nikki perhaps.

• The Shopping task was a ‘temp agency’ with the housemates doing different jobs and shift times. Glyn as the Cook furthering his ‘life skills’ he’s been picking up was funny, as was Nikki as the PA. They failed though because Mikey was ‘petting’ Grace as the lifeguard, and Lea and Sam failed to do a walk around as Sec guards within a 30 minute time. They don’t really care though that they failed.
  • Theres a party to end the task with a bit of spin the bottle action. Lea and Glyn kiss, Pete and Nikki, two of the girls, (‘Pash phone’ on LB Big News ringing off the hook this week). Later Pete and Nikki also jump into bed together and spoon - leading some to think maybe this is a Nikki ploy to stay in the house last minute. Pete also reconnects a little with Lisa, sorting out their differences over the bee and the pool thing and Lisa sitting with him looking at some other sort of insect.
  • Eviction was pretty predictable with Sam going. Funny moment before she left earlier in the day Aisleyne asked why she brought tampons with her and Sam pranked her and Nikki for a moment saying she was always a girl. Nikki then goes ‘oh so do you have a willy or not’ and the look on Aisleyne’s face I thought was a bit Gretchen from Mean Girls ‘OMG Nikki you cant just ask someone if they have a willy!’ lol.
    giphy.gif
  • Its a little bit emotional for Sam for a moment and later it sets of Glyn and Aisleyne a little bit if she got booed or not.
  • The Golden Housemate goes in as well from 34 finalists, they all were selected a golden ball in a lottery ball machine that was placed in the house. They also got to see video footage of the outside of the panel of potentials sitting there only. Aisleyne catches ball #14 - which is Susie, who’s husband bought like 60 boxes of Kit Kat then ended up paying 4 grand for the ticket - she also applied for like the last 3 BB series - some of the Housemates also seem to know her briefly from Auditions.
  • Grace however is freaking out a bit - because she could hear the chanting outside “GET GRACE OUT” and Mikey and Lisa trying to tell her it was “GET A BALL OUT”.
  • The last part of the twist for tonight is Susie is told in the Diary Room to change into a golden outfit she has to wear, as well as she will be sleeping in the ‘Golden Bedroom’ (outside next to the outside toilet room (Ithink thats also where the ’Staff room’ was for this week’s task). a ‘Golden Bathroom’ and a ‘Golden Shower’ (outdoors). Whilst she’s doing this its revealed via video text to the others Susie will be the only one nominating next week, although if anyone tells her they will also be put up.
  • I wonder if BB will tell her before she nominates or what (they had a similar week in BB4). It might be the same two she’ll pick either way, but if she knows she might have short time to do some type of strategy maybe - like Pete and Grace or something. Grace and Richard would be a clash match up, as discussed on Big Brain about the house being like Simian politics - Grace challenging Richard for the ‘Alpha’ position. Or she could just vote to try and keep the peace in the house and so she doesn’t piss anyone off - we’ll see.
Onto the next few eps!

Back