CBBUK4 Day 17 (Just finished final nominations? on the home stretch now)
- Where I left off in my update George and Preston had been called in to nominate 3 up for eviction as punishment for noms talk. It affects the three in some interesting ways.
- Maggot surmises that they nominated him because of the way putting Chantelle up to the game of ‘name the capital cities’ looked like he was doing it intentionally to make her look stupid or something, when that wasn’t the case. He follows up with George about it.
- Rula thinks she was the obvious third based on who was left to nominate (Preston wouldn’t agree to putting up Chantelle). She too gets over it a bit but discusses it with George, this conversation is important for later.
- Traci appears to be putting up a front that shes fine with it, but cracks are starting to show. Later on she isnt letting Pete get to her after a conversation about seeming ‘happier’ now to stay in the house devolves into Pete giving her a rather bitchy dressing down that she isnt his therapist. At first Traci seems like she’s not fazed, but when Pete leaves the lounge (this is in front of Preston who leaves the room cause its getting awkward) Traci has a bit of a teary moment.
- Also later on Traci has some solo teary moments in the submarine, which iirc is the first time I’ve seen anybody actually go in there in the edit the whole series.
- Apparently Traci was a little bit tipsy that night, cause in the early hours of the morning, shes lying in bed cant sleep and loudly saying things like ‘Did ya know? I’m NOMINATED’ in that saccharine kinda accent she has, which annoys the shit out of Pete. lol.
- Theres still a bit of discussion around Preston and Chantelle, Maggot says Preston will be dumped and his bandmates will disown him (as a joke) but its playing with Preston’s mind in the diary room.
- The morning of the eviction Pete and Michael are doing impressions again - this time it’s Rula. Later She is the one that ends up being evicted. However Pete has refused to attend the eviction announcement in the lounge and is locked in the bedroom - we find out that its to do with an argument about the ‘Gorilla’ Coat again, from Rula (plus they show her the headlines about the Pussycat acting thing with George). How does that suddenly come up again I think. Pete’s also lately gone to a Black hair wig - earlier he went from Blonde to Red, to Blonde and now Black.
- Then we see the full context on the daily show - It turns out that Pete discovers its missing when he is going through his stuff and Dennis comments on it - It was confiscated by BB and given to the Police! as BB relays to Pete in the Diary room. Because of complaints and that Pete has said its ‘Gorilla’ fur, It needs to be investigated. ‘My Coat has been arrested!’ He says.
- Threatening to leave again, BB explains to Pete and George in the DR that the coat is found not to be Gorilla (which would be in ‘Annex A’ and more serious) but of ‘Columbus Monkey’ which is on ‘Annex B’ which is less serious, but still needs to be investigated for any offences and how it came to pass through into the country - George suggests some confidential monetary compensation to sweeten the deal for Pete to stay if the coat isnt getting returned anytime soon.
- It brings up some interesting discussion on Big Mouth, whether its. simply recycling and vintage if it was made way back, vs fake furs which can also have some detriment environmentally when manufactured apparently. Anyway after sleeping on it Pete decides to stay after having a rough day with this coat business.
- On Big Mouth, theres been another recurring gag this season, as well as some of the other regular BB Obsessives getting their own VT package now and then aside from Jon Connell, like ‘Monica of the Men’, Russell has this bit with a redheaded puppet doll ‘Little Paul Scholls(?)’ who in a recent episode he replaced the legs of with rubber snakes, and can sometimes be seen flirting with the female evictees in a highly edited bit of the post eviction press conference.
- Jenni Trent Hughes was back on BBLB. Ahmed (BB5) also called in to Big Mouth. On Big Mouth they were also discussing some of Michaels behaviour lately - he was pointed out by Preston that he had everything tidy - maybe some things are getting to him a little and some OCD is coming out - there was also a weird scene of him folding a towel to put in his bed for some reason.
- There was also a bit of a ruckus night before the nominations where Dennis had been given/told by BB there was some extra cigs and alcohol being provided to the housemates, but Michael accused Dennis of hoarding it/being the gatekeeper of them since he put them in his drawer instead of in a communal area for self serve. Dennis protests that he gave Michael some already or he can certainly come and put them on the table or something, then starts getting loud and baiting Michael a bit getting up in his face that he’s not fazing him. Michael backs off and the others think its Dennis just getting bored and wanting to stir stuff for the hell of it.
- Nominations; George gets called out again by BB getting Preston to read out a transcript of his conversation with Rula, which discusses not only his nominations that they knew about anyway, but I guess where he went wrong was it veers into speculation/influence because he starts saying who he ‘Could’ve/Would’ve’ nominated (and this wording is a sticking point for George who wants to clarify that in the DR after as if that really changes the context of the discussion but anyways). Anyhow, the others have to one by one go to the polling booth to cast vote if George is allowed to nominate or not.
- Before he votes, George also calls out Preston for not letting him know (before the last rule break) that he had confessed his noms discussion to BB. Preston says that wasn’t malicious on his part, it was just as part of his diary room thoughts ‘oh btw…’ George then rebuts Prestons claim that hes being a bit ridiculous by calling him ridiculous for getting so worked up about this. It is a bit ridiculous … lol. Preston then promptly goes and votes no to George nominating, and nominates him as has lost a bit of respect for him with the way he’s just carried on - kinda typical sly politician like.
- It’s going to be a Double Eviction - with the rule of at least 3 nominees - which is the way it goes down, George, Dennis and Chantelle. I’m guessing this leaves a final 6 for the Finale. Only Preston and Michael have not been up for eviction all series.
- They have a bit of a dancing task in lycra - earlier in the week there was also a self painting portrait task.
Onto next few eps!