Skip to main content

Australian Survivor Ratings

While good to see, these ratings mean the Champions vs Contenders theme will almost certainly continue next season. Not sure how I feel about that.

While good to see, these ratings mean the Champions vs Contenders theme will almost certainly continue next season. Not sure how I feel about that.

I really hope not. 2 years in a row is enough (1 was more than enough for me). Channel 10 already have I’m a celebrity, dancing with the stars and the masked singer, so do we really need celebrities as well for survivor. I’d much rather a basic format with maybe a small twist such as male vs female or rural vs city or west coast vs east cost. Something interesting that yet doesn’t include celebrities, especially those from sporting backgrounds.

I really hope not. 2 years in a row is enough (1 was more than enough for me). Channel 10 already have I’m a celebrity, dancing with the stars and the masked singer, so do we really need celebrities as well for survivor. I’d much rather a basic format with maybe a small twist such as male vs female or rural vs city or west coast vs east cost. Something interesting that yet doesn’t include celebrities, especially those from sporting backgrounds.
They may try to "refresh" it a little and try to get more previous US castaways back. But I'm convinced we won't be getting 24 unknown Aussies next season.

The celebrity Champions casting really needs to stop, otherwise we're only one step away from a season featuring Rebel Wilson, Nick Kyrgios (until he quits), Scott Cain from Popstars, and Tommy Little.

The celebrity Champions casting really needs to stop, otherwise we're only one step away from a season featuring Rebel Wilson, Nick Kyrgios (until he quits), Scott Cain from Popstars, and Tommy Little.

They can't cast Tommy Little. He'll be so popular with the other tribe members they'll write him the cheque on the first day.

Unless Queen Ali is on his season.....

Sunday: 650,000

Bit of a dip there. For some reason, The Block and AGT had big nights (1.12m and 865,000 respectively).

Sunday: 650,000

Bit of a dip there. For some reason, The Block and AGT had big nights (1.12m and 865,000 respectively).

TEN never really does well on a Sunday anyway, it will catch up with timeshifted viewers! It's good to see it was still 2nd in all demos just behind the block. Channel 10 however need to pull it from Sunday's now.

TEN never really does well on a Sunday anyway, it will catch up with timeshifted viewers! It's good to see it was still 2nd in all demos just behind the block. Channel 10 however need to pull it from Sunday's now.

I doubt they will pull it considering whatever they replace it with will rate much worse than Survivor.

Great news. Tuesday's episode was only 59k away from matching The Block in total viewers and beat it in all three demos.

Tuesday: 793,000.

Best overnight figure since launch.

https://tvtonight.com.au/2019/08/australian-survivor-tops-the-block-in-demos-seven-wins-tuesday.html

Not to mention also tied with Shonee’s elimination last year for highest rating non finale non launch Episode yet! And also 1,000 off being top rating program in Melbourne just behind today tonight/seven news.

Great news. Tuesday's episode was only 59k away from matching The Block in total viewers and beat it in all three demos.

Tuesday: 793,000.

Looks great on the graph, too. I can definitely see the finale rating over 900k if it holds this momentum.

Untitled-1.jpg

Back