Skip to main content

Australian Survivor Ratings

On a happy note, apparently Survivor rates better than the Block in Perth. Just from last night's figures, considerably better!

They're a strange lot in Perth - I mean, good for them! They know what's good!

OK here we go, results are in for last night (Mon):

THE BLOCK -MON Nine 1,027,000
THE X FACTOR – MON Seven 798,000
AUSTRALIAN SURVIVOR MON TEN 760,000
7.30-EV ABC 756,000

Penultimate pretty graph time:

I6nceke.gif

Survivor has never hit 800,000, but I'm going to predict it will do so comfortably - maybe not on Sunday but definitely on Monday and for Tuesday's finale.

They're a strange lot in Perth - I mean, good for them! They know what's good!

OK here we go, results are in for last night (Mon):

THE BLOCK -MON Nine 1,027,000
THE X FACTOR – MON Seven 798,000
AUSTRALIAN SURVIVOR MON TEN 760,000
7.30-EV ABC 756,000

Penultimate pretty graph time:

I6nceke.gif

Survivor has never hit 800,000, but I'm going to predict it will do so comfortably - maybe not on Sunday but definitely on Monday and for Tuesday's finale.

I don't think it will do too much above 800,000 if Lee and El are the final two. I hope somehow they get Lee and El out next and that Flick and Kirstie make the final two. That would be the best scenario for both the viewers and producers.

I'm going out on a limb to pick Survivor having a gangbuster final week and hitting 720,000 tonight; 800,000 tomorrow; and 860,000 for the finale.

714,000 last night. Close!
Haha, yes, just having my coffee and was about to post on this (that's my four hour time zone disadvantage at work).

714,000 was Survivor's best Sunday result since the launch - and it comfortably beat Grand Designs on ABC too. The Block, however, topped the slot with its third best Sunday of the season.

THE BLOCK -SUN Nine 1,190,000
THE X FACTOR – SUN Seven Network 752,000
AUSTRALIAN SURVIVOR SUN Network Ten 714,000
GRAND DESIGNS: HOUSE OF THE YEAR-EV ABC 674,000

So, what did I predict? 800k tonight and 860k tomorrow? It's a big ask! :)

750,000 last night. The little engine that could...

That's not that great for the second last episode. Shows that people are not hyped at all and why would they be, this season has turned out to be such a fizzer after having a great start.

That's not that great for the second last episode. Shows that people are not hyped at all and why would they be, this season has turned out to be such a fizzer after having a great start.

Disappointing as the way the show panned out was, it had an audience that has stuck by it all the way through. I'll post the final graph tomorrow and you will see its audience ended up pretty much where it started.

Like you, I would have expected it to have peaked this week, but for some reason, last night's was lower than the previous two Mondays... but having said that, it was still the fourth highest rating episode of the entire season.

THE BLOCK -MON Nine 946,000
THE X FACTOR – MON Seven Network 756,000
AUSTRALIAN SURVIVOR MON Network Ten 750,000
7.30-EV ABC 723,000

HOORAY!

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2016/10/australian-survivor-surges-with-emotional-finale.html

Australian Survivor enjoyed a big surge for its grand final, with 1.08m viewers watching as Kristie Bennett was announced as winner, realising a childhood dream over Lee Carseldine.

The bulk of the episode, with its emotional and spectacular final challenge, averaged 859,000 viewers. The show topped the demos and trended at #2 worldwide last night, capping off a critically acclaimed series for TEN.

I'm going out on a limb to pick Survivor having a gangbuster final week and hitting 720,000 tonight; 800,000 tomorrow; and 860,000 for the finale.
OMG I was almost exactly spot on for the finale's figure of 859,000! But I would never have picked the Winner's Announcement peak of 1,082,000! Although way back at the start I predicted/hoped it could build its audience over the season to hit 1m by the finale so I was kind of right :D

AUSTRALIAN SURVIVOR GRAND FINALE – THE WINNER ANNOUNCED Network Ten 1,082,000
THE BLOCK -TUE Nine 911,000
AUSTRALIAN SURVIVOR GRAND FINALE Network Ten 859,000
7.30-EV ABC 608,000

For the graph I've used the average audience rather than the winner's peak:

OVFMDY5.gif

Well done Ten!

Amazing that we finally beat The Block, who are also nearing their finale (I presume, the last episode I watched allowed them to think they were going home, then revealed there's a whole secret level, so it could drag on for months yet)...

Amazing that we finally beat The Block, who are also nearing their finale (I presume, the last episode I watched allowed them to think they were going home, then revealed there's a whole secret level, so it could drag on for months yet)...
Well, it didn't beat The Block, it peaked during whatever was on after The Block.
Edit: I like how you say "we" beat the Block though, it does feel like a personal victory lol.

...I think that 'The Block' having been an established blockbusting ratings winner for so many years now was always going to beat our Survivor in it's debut series... the fact that Channel 10 were brave enough and ballsy enough to pit it up against 'The Block' regardless is such a big credit to Channel 10... for that I'd like to personally thank them for that... I'm more interested in how Survivor with rate up against 'The Block' next year the second time around... especially when we've had so many curious onlookers sit down and watch the grand final without having watched the series at all... that last challenge was epic... Kristie winning it was epic... there will probably shitloads of new viewers next year that will definitely bump up the ratings in my opinion...

...and one final thing to mention... as well as running that sweepstakes thread Timmydownawell... again thankyou for all of the statistics and graphs on this one too my friend... you must have spent a lot of time preparing all of this for us... for that... I thank you too!... cheers.

Ch 10 are ignoring ratings because if they listened we wouldn't have the Batchelor or Batchelorette still on TV.

This is also a good indication that Ch10 might be winning to jump in the water again in 2018.

Back