Skip to main content

Australian Survivor Ratings

Last night was Survivor's worst night this season, just 574,000, vs Block on 1,197,000 and Little Big Shots on 1,305,000. Survivor only only rated lower than 574k for two episodes last year. :(

The final third of the season did trend upwards last year and I think the live finale will give it a boost this time around.

Sunday: The Block drew an inexplicable 1,701,000 viewers based on some concocted drama (I dunno), while Survivor attracted just 603,000. *sigh*

MONDAY:
The Block: 1,316,000
Survivor: 595,000

5HIMiTN.jpg

I actually like this graph here because it shows that AUS Survivor has a loyal fanbase that are watching week to week (seen by the fact the trend hasn't fluctuated at all really in the entire run. This is probably really good news for 10 who can make this show, counting on the fact they're going to get a constant viewerbase if they make a good product

I actually like this graph here because it shows that AUS Survivor has a loyal fanbase that are watching week to week (seen by the fact the trend hasn't fluctuated at all really in the entire run.
Well yes that's true, except it's averaging 80k less per episode less than last year, while The Block has increased its ratings significantly more than that.

I hope Ten sticks with it next year, but that will be up to its new owners (and hopefully that'll be CBS).

But yes it hasn't exactly fallen off a cliff. So that is definitely good.

Reactions: kxk
Well regrettably my ratings spreadsheet has gone bye-byes with my trashed hard drive so I won't be able to do the graph any more.

Considering we have reached the merge, you would expect Survivor to start growing but for now it's heading in the wrong direction. If you look at the graph above you can see it didn't start to lift until next week though so maybe there's some hope.

Sunday:
The Block: 1,545,000
Little Big Shots: 1,154,000
Survivor: 567,000 (ouch)

Monday:
The Block: 1,326,000
Survivor: 559,000 (ouch again)

So even without Little Big Shits, the viewers aren't switching over to Survivor. Their loss!

Well regrettably my ratings spreadsheet has gone bye-byes with my trashed hard drive so I won't be able to do the graph any more.

Considering we have reached the merge, you would expect Survivor to start growing but for now it's heading in the wrong direction. If you look at the graph above you can see it didn't start to lift until next week though so maybe there's some hope.

Sunday:
The Block: 1,545,000
Little Big Shots: 1,154,000
Survivor: 567,000 (ouch)

Monday:
The Block: 1,326,000
Survivor: 559,000 (ouch again)

...I'm in the last couple of weeks of completely renovating the outside of my house/landscaping the front and back yards and repainting every single room and fixing up the last few jobs inside the house... it has taken me a total of 6 years to do it (in between two strokes) so fuck renovating... fuck The Block... and fuck the precocious little brats in that other shit show... ('Little Big Shits'... I like that Meglos)... lol!... how anybody watches The Block I just don't know... second to Karl Stiffynodick... Snott Cam's ego is the next biggest... I'd like to get a claw hammer and... cheers.

I'll hand you the hammer and other required implements.

...haha!... so you don't like him either then Khun Khun?... I just cannot fathom as to why anyone would watch any show that Snott Cam would host?... he is just downright bloody awful!... I don't mind Shane Jacobson at all but just cannot watch those kids being so bloody precocious and obnoxious at all... it sort of reminds me of those US kids Pageant shows where the parents are in the wings living their dull lives through their kids natural talents that's all...

...maybe I'm just a cranky old fart because I can't even stand Ads where kids or animals talk as adults... jeez!... just let kids be kids eh?... cheers.

Reactions: kxk
Cannot abide SC. I've been told that he's not a nice person off camera or when he's not on show. Shane's ok, but those kids are annoying. Who I do like is Darci Lynne Farmer, an American 12 year old ventriloquist. She's brilliant.

Cannot abide SC. I've been told that he's not a nice person off camera or when he's not on show.
I've heard this as well and I see through his "lovable blokey larrikin" act. I also suspect he's a homophobe and that's why there hasn't been a gay male couple on the show ever since it returned with him as host (as opposed to Jamie Durie). I may be wrong but that has been my gut feeling for a long time. I bet he's voting No.

Let's test that theory:

I've heard this as well and I see through his "lovable blokey larrikin" act. I also suspect he's a homophobe and that's why there hasn't been a gay male couple on the show ever since it returned with him as host (as opposed to Jamie Durie). I may be wrong but that has been my gut feeling for a long time. I bet he's voting No.

Let's test that theory:

...hahaha!... now THAT's going to be soooooooo interesting to see what he replies... IF he replies lol!.. by the way... my sweet darling wife and myself posted our 'YES' replies today... cheers.

...hahaha!... now THAT's going to be soooooooo interesting to see what he replies... IF he replies lol!.. by the way... my sweet darling wife and myself posted our 'YES' replies today... cheers.
I'm not holding my breath for a reply.

There hasn't been another male gay couple but they had a female gay couple last year.

Back