Skip to main content

Australian Survivor: Articles

Unfortunate, but in the end it didn't affect the outcome (that we saw, unless they were planning to vote Pia out).

Article about Simon and the fake hidden idol clue

The directive to dig for an idol came from a clue Black had found — a clue, it turns out, that mischievous returning player Luke Toki had earlier found and used to find an idol for himself.

See, I think this too reflects pretty badly on Luke.
Simon going home was inevitable, and it's just cruel to sit back and watch Simon dig holes for at least ten hours.
The decent thing would have been to say "listen mate, we're voting you out, there is no idol". Same outcome, and it wouldn't have impacted Luke's game.
I also don't see why viewers think Simon searching desperately for an idol is so ridiculous. They complained all season that he didn't play hard, then when he did he was ridiculed for that too.

See, I think this too reflects pretty badly on Luke.
Luke likes to play the larrakin and probably thought this would make for a good lark on TV (obviously that didn't quite work out). And if he wants to make dubious promises during challenges, sucks for anyone believing him. Neither of these acts are worse than the fake idol David gave Shaun.

So basically this was a challenge that failed because it took too long. Didn't their dream team do a run through on it first? They should have picked up that 12 discs was too difficult to stack under pressure.

Regardless of how long the challenge took, there's still no reason for them not to use the actual bit where Daisy loses for the last time before Simon wins... unless they were so slack they weren't even filming it at that point.

Guess the editors wanted it to look like it was neck and neck, when in reality it was not even close. I am shook. 🙄

This looks interesting.
I haven't read it yet so I can't 100% guarantee it's completely spoiler-free, but I think Janine is smart enough not to give anything away.
https://www.janineallis.com.au/the-...lCr2hlzM2bG-DrZ3dWI3d9q-KeG-1C-la8nutx2SaCV6U

For anyone arguing (players included) about integrity and loyalty etc, it's interesting to note that a) Pia had already suggested to Janine that they vote Abbey out before Abbey flipped, and b) Luke blabbed to Janine about David's plans, allowing them to blindside him. Also, "Luke lies about everything" should have interesting repercussions.

Back