Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2018) - Episode 3 Discussion

Stupid decision not to get rid of Jackie. some of them made excuses about not getting the numbers. Well how do you know unless you try? People don't always tell the truth about who they are voting for.

Sorry to go on about this, but I do feel that voting out Damien on the basis that he's a liability is borderline discrimination, especially the way Jackie explained it. It really irks me. He got onto the show, the producers had faith in him, so who are the other contestants to decide that it's for his best interests that they vote him out? Rant over.

Still loving Moana.

She has a great snatch!

As an aside, "moana" is Maori for "ocean"

It's a suburb and beach in Adelaide too.[DOUBLEPOST=1533556061][/DOUBLEPOST]
...my favourite Male on the show is Braniac Sam... and my favourite Female is Moana... all the others?... Damien/Sneaky Steve and Shane are okay but the rest?... meh!... cheers.

Snap!

But Moana is literally getting the biggest sympathy edit that ever lived. I mean, it's seemingly more tragic than a guy with no legs. I can't get down with that.

They can take these sympathy packages and shove them, they don't belong in Survivor. Apart from using the principles to manipulate fellow contestants, we don't need to see it.

Emerging fan fave....Samuel. He's kinda weird, but speaks truths.

Last edited:
But Moana is literally getting the biggest sympathy edit that ever lived. I mean, it's seemingly more tragic than a guy with no legs. I can't get down with that.

I hate the sob stories, but I'm trying to ignore them. The other contestants don't see them and so they can't influence the game, it's just something they've added for "our benefit".

Sorry, but what a pack of FUCKING ASSHOLES to vote him out this early. They all deserve to lose on that shitful karma alone.

...it was pretty pathetic wasn't it davidftw?... Shane has failed them in the last episode as well as in tonight's show too but was totally cast aside because of Jackie's fake tears in her cry-a-thon... Jackie should have been sent home for that performance alone let alone her letting them all down so badly with her self proclaimed 'puzzle skills'... Jackie is not nice at all in my books... I don't like her at all... I hope that she goes soon...

...imagine how Damien felt being labelled a 'liability' by them all tonight... he was really proud of himself and almost came to tears when he won that throwing contest in the first episode was it?... he said that he felt so proud to win it for his team... imagine his low self esteem now because of his team using him as an easy scapegoat?... mentally he would've be hurting like hell after what had happened to him in the Army back in 2009 but would be feeling something similar now surely because of them 'dumping' him like they did tonight I imagine?... not good at all... if they kept him until the end they would've become a more close-knit group with having to all pitch in to help him out rather than being told in no uncertain terms that he 'slowed them down' methinks!... if they all had pitched so hard to keep him in at all costs then they would've all been classified as true 'Champions'... but they didn't... and 'Commando Steve' knows this... he has changed after tonight... he will wreak revenge on them all on Damien's behalf now I reckon...

...I've never EVER liked 'Commando Steve' before now but the way that he reacted to their betrayals made me look at him in a completely different way now... I might actually grow to like him now for it from this point onwards... after tonight's shitful outcome I so want the Contenders to win this even more than I have before... the 'Champions' really let themselves down tonight in such an epic way by doing what they did to Damien... I know that some 'Champions' only became that due to their wills to win in their heydays but that was then... this is now... they didn't need to get rid of a 'liability' just to 'win' yet again... what they did was let themselves down as far as I'm concerned anyway... it was sad to watch for me at least... sadder for them that they did it... cheers.

Devastated at Damien being voted out!

He is one good looking rooster that’s fo sho.

They can take these sympathy packages and shove them, they don't belong in Survivor. Apart from using the principles to manipulate fellow contestants, we don't need to see it.

I disagree. I think their life stories do belong. These are real people, not characters. I think just like you and me, Moana and Damien have life stories and when the time is right it is normal to share them. Just like Damien, Moana can inspire the young kids watching this show who might be from similar beginnings. I will admit the sad music manipulates the emotional response the producer is going for, but that is a final edit flaw rather than it being a sin for a person to reveal their story.

Survivors who were once emotionally/phisically wounded inspire those who feel they won’t survive.

I love listening and learning from the adversity of others.

Stupid decision not to get rid of Jackie. some of them made excuses about not getting the numbers. Well how do you know unless you try? People don't always tell the truth about who they are voting for.

Sorry to go on about this, but I do feel that voting out Damien on the basis that he's a liability is borderline discrimination, especially the way Jackie explained it. It really irks me. He got onto the show, the producers had faith in him, so who are the other contestants to decide that it's for his best interests that they vote him out? Rant over.

Still loving Moana.
Totally agree.

I felt genuine sadness when he left.

In fact my messenger group chat fucking blew up!

38703225_1279469402188946_925930747846459392_n.png

Back