Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2018) - Episode 2 Discussion

...thanks for all of the fun tonight folks!... and a special thankyou to Russell's massive ego... if it wasn't for him then Russell would still be there... so... to Russell's ego... I thank you!... you've made quite a lot of people happy tonight... cheers.

In Russell's defence, he had to start the game with a huge handicap. I do think that he made the right move tonight. The only way he would've survived the next TC was to:
A) Use the idol that he saved from the first TC, provided he survived
B) Find a new one between his first and second TC

Out of those two options, I'd say A) was far more realistic, and he was just shy of achieving it too. I think he spread the votes too thin, with the votes for Damion and Shane. As he said, he just got unlucky. Maybe he could've concentrated the votes on Jacquie a little better.

Either way, this TC did at least filter the tribe's ranking and now Shane, Damion and Jacquie will start becoming paranoid which should make for an interesting shift in the Champion's dynamic.

Btw please tell me that they can't introduce redemption island retroactively. There was no mention of it before he was voted out, so if they introduce it later in the season he should be completely ineligible to return. PLEASE don't let them reveal a twist at the start of next episode that he didn't go home, that would jump every shark at once.

Btw please tell me that they can't introduce redemption island retroactively. There was no mention of it before he was voted out, so if they introduce it later in the season he should be completely ineligible to return. PLEASE don't let them reveal a twist at the start of next episode that he didn't go home, that would jump every shark at once.
That's what I'm thinking. If they only present it next ep and he's safe, it would be a huge con.

Back