Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2016) - Episode 24 Discussion

Just watching now, only read the start of thread as I am watching the episode still. The hatred of Flick here is disheartening. Maybe it's just fed on stereotypes of her being the mean one and Kristie somehow being the innocent underdog, I don't think it follows from what is shown though. It feels like Matt is being built up for a winners edit, and probably has been for a while, but it feels forced. Kristie will probably turn again, though she is popular here I don't think her moves makes sense.

Anyway I'll go on with the episode and so what happens.

Bad move by Flick. Why would you tell El?? Also she needs to get into Kristie's ear - Lee and El will never vote each other out.

She will have got into Kristie's ear. And they both went to El/Lee, plus Kristie said she was on board with it.

I think people here want to love Kristie so much they prefer to put blame on Flick. Flick has been ready for a move the last two tribals and Kristie hasn't. Kristie is giving Lee and El a win unless she wakes up third time lucky.

And any preview talk here, please keep it to the preview thread (that's what it's for). It's feels an impossible battle to stop people spoiling anything.

I just can't see how this can play out without Leel in the final two, no matter how many teasing promos Ten puts out. God, stupid Snapple! They had it all sewn up until they started getting too clever and turning on their own. It was fun for a bit - but now we have Leel. Eh.

The only way I can see Lee or El not in the final two is if somehow Kristy flukes her way to winning immunity when they get to the final 3.

Just finished watching. My god these people suck at Survivor.
I can't conceive of any possible logic behind Kristie or Flick wanting Matt out before El.
They are just handing it to the couple on a platter.
Once again Flick has a conversation (the heated argument with El) that eventuates in nothing.
Once again Kristie defies all logic and makes the move which will most weaken her chances.
Flick said that it was either her or Matt. WHY? Why couldn't it be El? Did Flick know that Kristie was absolutely not voting El out?
I loved the episode, but I feel like I need therapy to deal with all the bad decisions.

He would have to do that before they vote... so then he would go instead. I can't see it.

Immunity is played before the votes are announced and not before they are made? You just have to guess right who is being voted for.

...what if tomorrow night Lee votes for Flick... El votes for Kristie... Kristie votes for El and Flick votes for Lee... that makes it a 4 way draw doesn't it?... would the jury be required to vote someone out?... just curious... cheers.

Maybe it's still drawing rocks at this point? That is a tie, then a revote for those who are tied (who aren't able to vote this time), then if still tied draw rocks and the one who gets the bad one goes.

But you do eventually get making fire as the tiebreaker before the final. In that case with a tie and after a revote (I think) the two involved just have a face off and the first to make fire high enough with flint survives.

WHY? Why couldn't it be El? Did Flick know that Kristie was absolutely not voting El out?

I thought that was clear, like the previous episode Flick wanted to make a move but Kristie stalled. Though Matt at the start of this episode wanted to make out it wasn't just Kristie last time. Hard to see Flick winning with the edit, like earlier in the season when they showed Matt advising her like she knew nothing. Kristie apparently is loving the power but I don't think she has a clue.

...what if tomorrow night Lee votes for Flick... El votes for Kristie... Kristie votes for El and Flick votes for Lee... that makes it a 4 way draw doesn't it?... would the jury be required to vote someone out?... just curious... cheers.
Well with one having immunity that can't happen - at best it's a 2-2 tie, in which case the two with no votes will vote again I believe and then it goes to a tie-breaker, which from what others have said is a fire starting challenge, though in earlier rounds it would be the purple rock tie breaker where those with votes originally, plus anyone with immunity, are safe and the others draw rocks to determine who goes. The idea is it forces a decision to be made by those voting because if they don't they could be randomly eliminated.

Yet again though another episode where they lead you to believe something significant might happen and it doesn't. Think I've got the sweepstake in the bag now!

Haven't seen the episode yet but I was sure El or Lee would leave.

I can only see Lee winning now.

What happened in this episode that was supposed to be amazing?

I thought that was clear, like the previous episode Flick wanted to make a move but Kristie stalled. Though Matt at the start of this episode wanted to make out it wasn't just Kristie last time. Hard to see Flick winning with the edit, like earlier in the season when they showed Matt advising her like she knew nothing. Kristie apparently is loving the power but I don't think she has a clue.

Kristie is always unpredictable though. I just wonder if there was something important we didn't see which absolutely confirmed to Flick that Kristie wasn't voting El out. Otherwise, Flick got lucky in guessing she was voting for Matt. Kristie could have thrown a vote her way after witnessing that conversation with El.

Haven't seen the episode yet but I was sure El or Lee would leave.

I can only see Lee winning now.

What happened in this episode that was supposed to be amazing?

I suppose the conversation between Flick and El, with Kristie in the middle, was amazing in a "what the hell is wrong with these people?" way, but it didn't influence the outcome at all, so once again the show failed to deliver the big move it promised.

Kristie is always unpredictable though. I just wonder if there was something important we didn't see which absolutely confirmed to Flick that Kristie wasn't voting El out. Otherwise, Flick got lucky in guessing she was voting for Matt. Kristie could have thrown a vote her way after witnessing that conversation with El.

Kristie has stuck very tight to El and Lee (mainly because of Lee I expect). I think Flick, like Phoebe previously, just doesn't have any trust in Kristie now with her backtracking two episodes in a row. Kristie may have flat out said she was voting with Lee/El anyway, or that she had turned against Flick, but it's hard to know.

Lee and El's arguments for keeping themselves in during the last couple of episodes have sounded utterly ridiculous.

Back