Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2016) - Episode 24 Discussion

Lee needs to stop winning immunities. Once he's out, they're sweet. El has no real chance at final tribal against anyone else, as she's such a pill in my view.

But then the person I want to win Survivor rarely wins, and I rarely get one really satisfying boot at tribal council in any series (see ya Brookie! that was great), let alone several in the order I want to go - so this is all par for the course. But what a fizzer end to the season if it is Lee and El smugging it up to the jury about their noble gameplay at the very end... Blergh. I'm surprised I could sleep last night.

I am thinking Lee wins, someone on Facebook said they saw him driving a brand new sports car.

Well I just caught up.. Could hardly wait to see this episode because of that earlier post and am MASSIVELY disappointed. Here I was..expecting Lee's ball to hit the ground and a Matt immunity win...then when that didnt happen WTF WAS FLICK thinking? She blindsides her buddy Brooke without a thought but has to go and spill the beans to El face to face. The only positive thing that came out of this was that El and Lee are shown to be as full of BS as most of the other contestants when it comes to honesty and integrity..they want the 500K and are using Kristie as a tool to get it...and she is playing along hook line and sinker when she knows she has no chance of getting there.

So ok, Lee won immunity but El can still go right? This should be worth watching....and then everyone votes for Matt...WTF????? For me that was a blindside because I didnt expect it, I was hoping that the scene showing Kristie listening to El and Lee was misdirection...but...sigh no.

Hopefully, now that we know the season has been renewed for another season, the next batch of players will be a bit more savvy...blindside people, cheat, lie, backstab..its what makes the game tick. No more people playing with mateship, honesty and integrity who will do things like Flick and Kristie did that episode.

At least we finally saw El's "mean" side.

And I think I agreed with every comment on the last few pages of this thread.

They need to stop rigging immunities that favour physical endurance and balance! There have been way to many of them, and not enough that require a bit of intelligence.
They've already widely reported that the final immunity challenge takes six hours... so guess what that means?

Immunity is played before the votes are announced and not before they are made? You just have to guess right who is being voted for.
No, only a hidden idol can be played at that point. You cannot hand over an individual immunity idol/necklace after the vote, because they have already been told "you can't vote for Lee" and handing it over then would mean TWO people are immune. Nup.

What happened in this episode that was supposed to be amazing?

I had to ask David Knox at TV Tonight to answer that. His response:

The whole “You know she’s a liar” right to Flick’s face was as good as anything on US. Straight after Flick does the whole “You’re like my sister and we’ll be friends after this is over.” Kristie like a deer in headlights torn between the two. Hilarious!

I am thinking Lee wins, someone on Facebook said they saw him driving a brand new sports car.

I didn't think people generally received prize money until after an episode airs?

I'm not sure why I think that, though. But it would make sense.

I had to ask David Knox at TV Tonight to answer that. His response:

The whole “You know she’s a liar” right to Flick’s face was as good as anything on US. Straight after Flick does the whole “You’re like my sister and we’ll be friends after this is over.” Kristie like a deer in headlights torn between the two. Hilarious!

That scene in isolation was great, but it didn't flow with the narrative rest of the show. It was like they were back to being besties again, there were no repercussions in the voting.

Back