Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2016) - Episode 14 Discussion

Back from the grave to say that in the last 2/3 episodes the producers have managed to turn an absolutely brilliant series to a crock of shit.
  • The "hand pick your team" idea was an incredibly stupid decision although provided great gameplay amongst some of Vavau
  • If one more person talks about honesty & integrity OR condemns people who play the game whilst playing SURVIVOR i'll jump off the story bridge
  • A swap or even merge should have happened as soon as Craig left or even should have split Saanapu by 2 this ep so it was 5,5,4
  • JLP was WAY too open about Phoebes game infront of Brooke (which, ultimately led to her demise)
  • That "kidnap twist" was the dumbest thing I have ever witnessed in Survivor history
  • All of the interesting characters are gone RIP Craig, Phoebe, and even fucking Kat.
  • If Kylie, Lee, or Sue win I will swim out of the Brisbane river just to jump off the story bridge again
  • Kristie will probably make history by murdering someone on the tribe (tbh im still a stan)
Bring on Survivor Gen X vs Millennials

I was making an observation re the facial hair more so than having a go about it. Yes, it is what it is and with the hairless society we tend to live in these days, seeing hair when you don't usually see it is a bit of a novelty. I find it fascinating to be honest as to how bodies vary in the hair production and appearance. The minutiae of how we function never ceases to amaze me.

Yeah I got that it was an observation :) Sure is a novelty - A touch of Testrosterone is not a bad thing for a woman to receive. apart from the hair etc LOL

Back from the grave to say that in the last 2/3 episodes the producers have managed to turn an absolutely brilliant series to a crock of shit.
  • The "hand pick your team" idea was an incredibly stupid decision although provided great gameplay amongst some of Vavau
  • If one more person talks about honesty & integrity OR condemns people who play the game whilst playing SURVIVOR i'll jump off the story bridge
  • A swap or even merge should have happened as soon as Craig left or even should have split Saanapu by 2 this ep so it was 5,5,4
  • JLP was WAY too open about Phoebes game infront of Brooke (which, ultimately led to her demise)
  • That "kidnap twist" was the dumbest thing I have ever witnessed in Survivor history
  • All of the interesting characters are gone RIP Craig, Phoebe, and even fucking Kat.
  • If Kylie, Lee, or Sue win I will swim out of the Brisbane river just to jump off the story bridge again
  • Kristie will probably make history by murdering someone on the tribe (tbh im still a stan)
Bring on Survivor Gen X vs Millennials

I was saying before, the gameplayers are going in this and it's continued that way.

Kristie is NOT a good gameplayer, she did nothing to influence the vote. If anything she probably put a question mark in people's heads at tribal.

It was 'the worm that turned' edit, I was hoping it wasn't that obvious, but turned out it was.

Mathematically though Kristie and Phoebe should have stuck together, it would have been two against two. It would then would have been a 50% chance of either Conner or Kate going home drawing rocks or making fire. Haven't these twits seen the show?

I don't think Kristie was ever much with Phoebe really, and Phoebe never trusted her. She voted out Rohan which definitely created a rift, even though that is always ignored. It was weird hearing Kate say that Phoebe voted out Rohan, is she really that ignorant? And after Kate spilled the beans it was always going to mean she went for Phoebe. I will be surprised if Kristie keeps with Conner/Kate, and I don't get the feeling she really knows the game anyway. She just seems to keep her thoughts to herself (like Barry did).

Sue ' I started off as the biggest target as I was the eldest female' Eh? I don't really accept that.

At the challenge the food at first seemed uncovered and would have been soaked. But when they started the challenge it had stopped raining, maybe they waited for it to stop and covered the food. Big advert placement as well.

Creepy dramatic music when Phoebe joined Kate and Conner *yawn*

Kate putting the last vote all on Phoebe, but she also voted for Kristie. I doubt Kristie would forget that lol. Kate quite lucky at the split in the other two as she was probably quite easily beaten in the puzzle. We were told it was close, but suspiciously weren't given many closeups of Kate's progress.

Kristie 'the best move for you is not someone who throws their best friend under the bus' - Eh? Phoebe was never your best friend.

Kristie 'I can play you better'. No, she didn't play anyone. The other two decided to keep her.

For all the talk of trust I don't think the other two trust Kristie that much, and Kristie most definitely not them.

Maybe the producers are
more concerned with having a polar Ausyralian winner with Australian values, even though they are playing a game?

I've heard the US producers were worried whenRichard Hatchbeat the likable Navy Sealin season one

It all went downhill from yesterday's unnecesary twist.

So the master villain has been overtaken by her sidekick kristie crazypants..
very disappointed that we will not see phoebe mastemind herself in a merge.
I think Kristie will be one of the first voted out in the merge, so will sue and kate.
If any of them had a chance to shake things up in Sanapu, its phoebe and connor
working together.
The demise of the master villain Phoebe should have been something grand,
surprising. The "survivor gods" had helped her and got a good run from her -
the switch yesterday was probably aimed at having vavau finally win something
and sanapu vote off sue as "nick's revenge".
I conclude that it went not how production thought it would go and so the only
thing left to do was merge the desperates.
This vavau end up being probably the worst tribe in survivor history with zero
challenges and zero rewards won. I dont remember such a scenario ever before.

Last edited:
After the merge I see the Nick vs Matt angle played up by creating friction
(probably using another hidden idol clue for that..)
Also Brooke may become the next Phoebe.. we havent seen much of her so far.
Since its 9 girls to 5 guys, obviously the first thing to happen will be a split
into two girls-alliances. Kylie may pull sue, kate and kristie in.

Oh, pooh pooh pooh. A whole page of pooh pooh pooh! That was a fun read. Go create a Survivor models and wankers and rednecks and religious nutbags thread and talk about how superior (and so unpredictable!) US Survivor is over there!
:playful::tongue:

Glad to see it's on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday next week. I heard it wasn't - but it clearly is.

So we were watching last night & my little mister was listing his fav's in saanapu and I instantly correct him " it's snapple my little babe" he had no idea & I quickly exited the room to fill up my wine. Thank the lord he wasn't talking about team vulva cos that would have been an even MORE awkie convo :facepalm:

So we were watching last night & my little mister was listing his fav's in saanapu and I instantly correct him " it's snapple my little babe" he had no idea & I quickly exited the room to fill up my wine. Thank the lord he wasn't talking about team vulva cos that would have been an even MORE awkie convo :facepalm:

Ha!
Who does he like?

Ha!
Who does he like?

Usually Matt is first on his list cos in the challenges the puzzle is last & it's all excitement and tension music and then he slams in the last piece and winner winner! He does like Lee & Connor too, and Kate and Kylie cos they is nice :) He doesn't like Kristie cos of her awkward-r-us style in the challenges.

Always thought Survivor was about physicality, endurance and strategy.

Turns out it's just about jigsaw puzzles.

I liked how they tried to play up the puzzles..
"the most difficult yet", "the puzzle is the equalizer!" "the puzzle master"..

the memory-line game, although done over and over, was at least *not* another race-to-puzzle.

I liked how they tried to play up the puzzles..
"the most difficult yet", "the puzzle is the equalizer!" "the puzzle master"..

the memory-line game, although done over and over, was at least *not* another race-to-puzzle.
I think the weirdest US Survivor challenge was one where they had to guess/estimate quantities of water or weights... such as 6 litres of water (bearing in mind Americans still use ancient measurements like quarts, ounces and pounds). They never recycled that challenge, thankfully.

Back