Skip to main content

Australian Idol 2023

Me either! He was the complete package, sings, plays multiple instruments etc...Phoebe and Royston have great voices but that is all?
They must have some dedicated fans.

I sent quite a few votes to Josh this week but I guess a drop in the ocean if what they are saying is true (more than 2 million votes). I think I would have preferred online voting = one vote per person.

Josh’s version of Hold Back the River was INCREDIBLE! Shame he didn’t make the top 2! Definitely had the most star potentional and I hope he goes far.

Phoebe’s Cher cover was brilliant! She sounds amazing and she looks great tonight! I hope she takes this out!

As an aside, I’ve been hungover all day after a particularly big evening last night. Anyways, Will & Grace came on and HCJ plays Grace’s love interest for a while. He honestly looks the bloody same as he did 20 years ago.

That’s it. That’s all I have to say haha.

Also, HCJ announcing a tour in December? Seems random. Unless he’s already going to be in Australia because he’s doing Idol auditions!? So tacked a tour onto the end of that. I wouldn’t expect him to tour here otherwise?

Also, HCJ announcing a tour in December? Seems random. Unless he’s already going to be in Australia because he’s doing Idol auditions!? So tacked a tour onto the end of that. I wouldn’t expect him to tour here otherwise?
Surely just trying to capitalise on a bit of Aussie exposure.

I feel like it has gone too fast. IMO the show could have used an extra week. I feel not that much of an connection to the contestants. And I would have preferred when they got to low numbers have the finalists perform twice on the night instead of the god awful fillers with the judges last week.

I guess I am just used to the way TV was back in the early mid 2000s. I guess I would be considered a dinosaur in TV land now. Now everything is short run. I also don't think 7 has any idea on how to run a live TV show properly. Big Brother live probably would be a mess too if they tried.

How do you think Idol would have gone if they did 4 shows a week, instead of 2?
Sunday - Performance Show
Monday - Results
Tuesday - Performance Show
Wednesday - Results

It would be 4 nights, same as MAFS, and would only cut 1 person per show? Would that be too much Idol?

Royston doing the song from the Prince of Egypt makes me think I wish we had a Disney night like they do on American Idol in recent years.

How do you think Idol would have gone if they did 4 shows a week, instead of 2?
Sunday - Performance Show
Monday - Results
Tuesday - Performance Show
Wednesday - Results

It would be 4 nights, same as MAFS, and would only cut 1 person per show? Would that be too much Idol?
Cost? This way they are achieving the result they want but without the extra production.

Back