Skip to main content

Australian Idol 2023

Which if they’re following the ABC AI format are very blink and you’ll miss them. The 2022 series only had 5 live shows including the finale.
Yeah they’ve said it won’t be 10 weeks like the old days. But didn’t ABC have more like 10 live shows as they had live results

It definitely deserves better ratings! The production is pretty high quality! Not cheap and nasty BB style.

Last night was definitely better!

Hope you had a great off season Seph! Back and ready for these shows to dominate our lives again haha!
Yep, back from running a "hotel" for two months and am slowly slipping into my rtv groove! Haha!

Which if they’re following the ABC AI format are very blink and you’ll miss them. The 2022 series only had 5 live shows including the finale.
This is where The Voice has always failed for me aswell.

I think double eliminations to get from 12>10 and 10>8 is fine to get rid of the also rans a bit quicker but then it should be 6 weeks of shows with single eliminations in the final 8 stage.

I can't wait for tonight.

If only to get past the irritating "I wanna dance with somebody" and "Yellow" boys who are hyped up in the ads every five minutes.

And Kyle's sob story.

I can't wait for tonight.

If only to get past the irritating "I wanna dance with somebody" and "Yellow" boys who are hyped up in the ads every five minutes.

And Kyle's sob story.
I thought those boys were quite good...but I have to admit that I have a real soft spot for Coldplay and in particular Chris Martin. Blushing Emoji.gif

Kyle being homeless was known to me - I skim-read read his book. I got it at one of those warehouse sales where you got as many books as you could fit in a box, so I was grabbing autobiographies of anyone 'famous'.

Down to 370K for last night..

That's officially BB VIP flop territory. 7 would be hoping for a big increase on Sunday night. If these ratings continue like this, I can't see 7 bringing Idol back next year unless they signed a multi year deal. Survivor is getting similar ratings over on 10 but at least it's doing well in the main demos (top 5 in all 3).

Too many talent reality shows on TV, suffering overload in that regard!
Australian Idol is good nostalgia for those of us who watched it on Ten in the early 2000s, but the big negative for me this time round is the judging panel - Kyle Sandilands you either love or hate, and I'm in the hate category where he's concerned. Meghan Trainor's basically there to promote her comeback album, Amy Shark and Harry Connick Jnr are the bright spots there for me.
The talent pool in Australia isn't deep, I'm sceptical that the overall eventual winner would go on to have a long lasting career like Guy Sebastian or Shannon Noll, but time will tell on that one.
The ratings would be a big concern for Seven too, struggling to get past Survivor into 2nd place, and Survivor will always beat Idol on demos and catch up TV figures.

My ears hurt a lot tonight but there were a few rays of sunshine in the mix...just not enough. I don't mind some "failures" but there were just too many in this edit and it gets very boring after awhile. Thankfully it ended with a positive.

I haven't really liked any of the singers, and most I wouldn't have let through, but I still enjoy the show.

Enjoyed tonight's show...but geez they are way too long! I only have so much time that I can devote to tv shows...and I'm struggling to keep up with things that I want to watch.

I'm just not hearing these singers the way the judges are.
Modern music has mutated into a kind of mess. Don't worry about sticking to the melody, put your own spin on it!
That 'Skinny Love' song is awful imo and the girl singing it was barely adequate.

Back