Skip to main content

Audience laughing at sam because of his mobility issue/disability

...and I'm still trying to figure out why there is stairs this year OUT OF ALL YEARS...when someone like sam is a housemate... why??? Logic?? No logic?? Dumb shits..

Yeah!
And why would they make it so hard for him??? This year should not have been the year for the house to 'go up' or this year should not have been the year to put a man with one leg...force him to go up all those stairs so he can laughed out. So stupid.

Ok let's think about his logically.

The upstairs sections of the house would have been planned and prepared probably long before Sam was chosen as a housemate.

Should they have rejected his application because they had decided to do it?

He has been this way his whole life and is a Paralympian. I'm sure the bloke can handle the stairs.

--

To clarify: I didn't notice, but I don't think it's terribly tasteful for the audience to laugh if he was struggling up the stairs.

So bloody rude and the way they carried on throughout the whole of Ryan's nominations for "picking his nose"... it was literally nothing and all the kiddies in the crowd laughed and "ew'd" so loud that I couldn't hear anything. Just piss off!
Did he really pick his nose? It looked like he wanted to flick something off that was probably lingering on the side of his nostrils...:unsure:

Ok let's think about his logically.

The upstairs sections of the house would have been planned and prepared probably long before Sam was chosen as a housemate.

Should they have rejected his application because they had decided to do it?

He has been this way his whole life and is a Paralympian. I'm sure the bloke can handle the stairs.

--

To clarify: I didn't notice, but I don't think it's terribly tasteful for the audience to laugh if he was struggling up the stairs.
well yeah the audience laughed as sam was going up the stairs and it looked like he was having trouble

I'm normally one who feels our society as a whole has gone way too far on the PC side of things

But I actually rewound that to make sure I'd heard it right as I was shocked until I remembered that this was filmed last night in that 90% tween/teen crowd I was referring to in the DS thread*

That really wasn't cool at all and it's a bit embarrassing as a culture to be honest considering our kids are supposedly in the age of learning about inclusion and all that

*I do not have an exact % make up from Dreamworld as to the average age of attendees last night so I apologise in advance if it were in fact 88% and not 90%.... let's just assume I rounded up

Did he really pick his nose? It looked like he wanted to flick something off that was probably lingering on the side of his nostrils...:unsure:
I thought he was flicking hence why I put it in quotation marks... but they carried on and screamed as if it was revolting... such an eye roll moment for me... like who cares just get to the nominations.. O_O

well yeah the audience laughed as sam was going up the stairs and it looked like he was having trouble
Yeah I'm not disagreeing with you and the premise of this thread, can't really comment as I mustn't have been looking at the TV and didn't notice myself.

I'm referring to the comment that it was somehow poor form of the show to have Sam this year when they had stairs, or to have stairs when they have a person like Sam. Either way.

I'm normally one who feels our society as a whole has gone way too far on the PC side of things

But I actually rewound that to make sure I'd heard it right as I was shocked until I remembered that this was filmed last night in that 90% tween/teen crowd I was referring to in the DS thread*

That really wasn't cool at all and it's a bit embarrassing as a culture to be honest considering our kids are supposedly in the age of learning about inclusion and all that

*I do not have an exact % make up from Dreamworld as to the average age of attendees last night so I apologise in advance if it were in fact 88% and not 90%.... let's just assume I rounded up
well said they were laughing at sam on the stairs for sure imo

I have not yet seen tonight's show, but that sound incredibly immature. It does reinforce my opinion of BB now, not a show for adults anymore.

The audience is the worst audience in all the BB that I have seen. The mental age specially is far below average. It seems that BB is made to satisfy the audience and not the viewer. I can't imagine the people in the audience to be the same people that are here in this forum.
Because they are all 8

I have liked every message in this thread because i 100% agree. The crowed were utterly dreadful. Seriously i cringe so much when they to camera fly overs because half if the audience are bogans with no shoes on that have been given free tickets because no one wants to go to the live shows any more because aint no body got time to *takes massive breath in* sit next to bogans with no shoes. *sigh* We can't expect much from australian kids who think it's funny to say 'ha gay'. Mm, naii.

Another example of why the crowd audio shouldn't be piped into recap/daily show type footage unnecessarily. During an eviction highlights reel is fine. Because a housemate is on state etc etc.

But yes, Ryan's first nomination was completely inaudible. In the old days crowd audio would by muted...

audience laughing at sam because of his mobility issue/disability

sam walked up the stairs for norms and was struggling and the audience laughed at him

they were laughing at the way he was walking

the audience were laughing at sams struggling on the stairs

people were laughing at sam for something he cannot help

the audience laughed as sam was going up the stairs and it looked like he was having trouble

they were laughing at sam on the stairs for sure imo

for the audience to laugh at someone with one leg is low

Wait, I don't get it, did something happen with Sam...? Maybe bbfan25 should explain it again. :rolleyes:

Sam makes light of his disability quite often for a laugh, so I dont see it as a big issue if ppl laugh at him as he wonders about the house. He'd probably laugh at a lot of the stuff himself...

Sam makes light of his disability quite often for a laugh, so I dont see it as a big issue if ppl laugh at him as he wonders about the house. He'd probably laugh at a lot of the stuff himself...

To me the difference is that #1 he wasn't included in the joke and #2 he hadn't even initiated it. If he'd said something like "bloody hell BB did you really need to put stairs this year?" and he'd stumbled... fair enough. If someone had said to his face "those stairs must be a bitch for you" considering the jokes he's said, then yeah. But in this instance, there was no joke. The dude was just cruising up the stairs. Laughing at him stumbling about the house or up the stairs when he's just doing his own thing isn't funny to me. He wasn't a part of the joke and wasn't even intending to be humorous. That's the difference for me.

Back