Skip to main content

Ask Alex 2014 (EP of Big Brother)

Goon

So many people have been asking me if I will be doing an Ask Alex this year.

I have sent him a request, but as most of you can understand he is really busy with Housemates going into Lockdown this weekend. So if he does reply to them, it will be till after this weekend of course.

So I will put it out there, If you had a chance to ask Alex a questions what would it be?

Just remember He is giving up his valuable time to reply to your questions, so have a good think about the question you want to ask him.

If all goes well and he has time. I will have answers for your next week before Big Brother 2014 starts.

That is all.

Disclaimer from Tim: We're not in any way linked to Channel 9 or Alex by doing this, and can't guarantee any responses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you be open to the idea of casting a villain similar to Michael McCoy from the 2006 series or is casting a legitimate villain character a concern for yourself and your fellow producers? I ask this because I truly believe that every good reality show needs a villain who the audience loves to hate. It is generally the villain that gets people talking about the show and keeps people watching. What were your thoughts on a housemate like Michael McCoy from 2006 by the way?

Reactions: koo
1. Last year we saw evictions move around a lot from 8:00pm Mondays to 7pm Mondays then finally landing on a Wednesday at the end of the season. Did these changes have a negative effect on the production of the show? and do you think it is important to have a stable schedule through out the season?
2. Were you surprised that BBAU started to get a really big following from international fans last year? and was the segment in the final where you had the HMs vote on a winner a nod to those new fans who found BBAU because of the controversy of BBUSA?
3. Is the Big Brother shop back this year?
4. Will nomination be included in the daily shows this year? and if not why does BBAU have to have a separate show just for them?
5. Would there ever be an all stars season?
6. What is you ideal HM?
7. Can we get a couch back for eviction interviews and the 10 questions?

hopefully I get at least one of these answered.

Would you be open to the idea of casting a villain similar to Michael McCoy from the 2006 series or is casting a legitimate villain character a concern for yourself and your fellow producers? I ask this because I truly believe that every good reality show needs a villain who the audience loves to hate. It is generally the villain that gets people talking about the show and keeps people watching. What were your thoughts on a housemate like Michael McCoy from 2006 by the way?
Speak for yourself, I was a big fan of Michael 06. He did some of the things Tim 13 pulled off successfully whereas with Michael it backfired in his face with interest. In your opinion what was so 'villainous' about him?

If you had a chance to ask Big Brother about the 2014 Series, what would you ask him ??

Ask so juicy questions. You never know which ones Alex will answer.

Last edited:
Is this year's twist the same as the power housemate twist that BBUK used this year?

also,

Will we be receiving more "mature content" this year?

I wonder how many people will ask "will there be a live feed this year"...

It would be good to know the reasoning behind why there wont be though and what it achieves by not having a live feed. Is it financial issues? Set up and maintenance issues? Privacy issues? Or just the fact Big Brother cannot manipulate the content of the daily show as much?

How did Big Brother come up with this years "twist" and what does he think this twist will provide viewers? And how does he think it will be received by viewers, especially after the flop of last years big twist which was a bit of an anticlimax seeing as they drummed it up to be a lot bigger than what it was.

2013's series seemed a pretty successful show, and as one of the best amongst all the English speaking (UK, US, Canada, South Africa) BBs. With such a well liked format what is the reason in changing it?

I wonder how many people will ask "will there be a live feed this year"...

It would be good to know the reasoning behind why there wont be though and what it achieves by not having a live feed. Is it financial issues? Set up and maintenance issues? Privacy issues? Or just the fact Big Brother cannot manipulate the content of the daily show as much?

How did Big Brother come up with this years "twist" and what does he think this twist will provide viewers? And how does he think it will be received by viewers, especially after the flop of last years big twist which was a bit of an anticlimax seeing as they drummed it up to be a lot bigger than what it was.

Bingo! And to prevent any controversial footage leaking out to the media like it did with Turkey slap gate. Bad publicity is not always good publicity especially if sponsors start pulling out because their hard fought family friendly image is put in jeopardy.

Bingo! And to prevent any controversial footage leaking out to the media like it did with Turkey slap gate. Bad publicity is not always good publicity especially if sponsors start pulling out because their hard fought family friendly image is put in jeopardy.

Then they could definitely do the 30min delay route, just in case!!

What's a good turkey slappin' between friends anyway? :hilarious:

That would cost a pretty penny though, and these BBAU guys are about counting their dollars even to the last cent. *smh*

Too true.
In all seriousness, I just hope they use their allocated time slots wisely as live feed will not happen on CH9. Still, a decently backed reasoning to us would be good, and/or alternatives.

*snip*

Will we be receiving more "mature content" this year?
I may be among the minority that really could do without the "mature content".

I so much prefer watching the lively conversations and the debates and the tasks, etc. to watching them sitting around comparing sex stories that are probably figments of their imagination anyway. :yawn:

I'd ask BB if there was a particular series that inspired him to limit the alcohol available to the housemates.

I so much prefer watching the lively conversations and the debates and the tasks, etc. to watching them sitting around comparing sex stories that are probably figments of their imagination anyway. :yawn:

I'd ask BB if there was a particular series that inspired him to limit the alcohol available to the housemates.
You're onto 20 somethins propensity for embellishment, can't get anything past you CaspersMum. ;) :p

Some of my questions are about last year as well hope that ok.

1. Last year we saw evictions move timslots a lot from 8pm Mondays to 7pm Mondays then finally landing on Wednesdays at the end of the season. How much did these schedule changes negatively affect production and are you sure that this years big brother will remain consistent in it timslot?
2. Last year BBAU seemed to get really popular with people outside of Australia. Did this surprise you and was the segment during the final where the HMs voted on a winner a nod to those new fans who found BBAU because of the controversy of BBUS?
3.Will nominations this year be included in the daily show (like BBUK) and if not why has BBAU always had a separate show just for them?
4. Will the big brother shop be back this year?
5. There is a running theory on here that BB will be shown at 8:30 this year until The Block finishes. Are you concerned at all that the ratings won't be as high this year?

Last edited:

"Mature content" =/= "sex stories"

If I wanted just smut, I'd ask for more smut.

What I mean is -- is there any chance we will get less immature content. I couldn't give a shit about the bitching and who's pashing whom - it gets so boring after a couple of weeks. I'd like to see more mature conversations - stuff similar to what we saw with Late Night Feast but less contrived.

"Mature content" =/= "sex stories"

If I wanted just smut, I'd ask for more smut.

What I mean is -- is there any chance we will get less immature content. I couldn't give a shit about the bitching and who's pashing whom - it gets so boring after a couple of weeks. I'd like to see more mature conversations - stuff similar to what we saw with Late Night Feast but less contrived.

Exactly.

Besides, rather than them showing them talk about who is pashing whom, then they should just show the pashing rather than snippits of people talking about it. Though, yes - please, more conversations that are more than just half-assed whinging/bitching/attention-seeking sooking.

Just thought of another question....

This year we saw a former Houseguest from the first season of Big Brother Canada show up in the Big Brother South Africa house. How would something like this be arranged? Also would something like this ever happen on BBAU? I personally would love to see Zach from the current season of BBUSA make an appearance, but I realise that this is just a pipe dream.

Back